Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1232
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
baliki

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:15 pm Post subject: Getting Vista to Work in Multiplayer Reply with quote

I just got vista to work with in ingame multiplayer , and I am also able to host on Gamespy.

I first must make the disclaimer that I am not a computer geek,just a frustrated cc player that couldn't get vista to work multiplayer.And if this doesn't work for you I probably wouldn't be much help.I just know that it worked for me.

The first thing i did was dl and install SP1 for vista.
Then I went into my router and put Gamespy in the DMZ for my router.I left the firewall up. From what I read in my router documentation certain applications will only work this way.

The next thing I did was go to my windows firewall and put BOTH Gamespy and CC5 in the list of exceptions.I then added the ports there that Gamespy wants open.

Ok the next thing i did was install Hamachi. I'm not sure if Hamachi has anything to do with it but in the bottom of the INGAME multiplayer screen,where it shows your ip address it shows my ip and separated by a semi_colon shows the Hamachi ip.

And finally I right clicked the cc5 shortcut opened up the compatibilty panel and selected xp sp2.

Then started the game went to the multipayer(for about the 50th time that day) and voila the entire mp screen was up.I commandeered my son to volllenteer to go on one of the other pc's in the house to check it out.With me as host and the game worked perfectly.

Then I went up Gamespy, found a vollonteer there to let me host and there also it went off without a hitch with me as host.

I dont know if this combo wiil work for everybody else who is having trouble playing cc5 with vista.,But maybe it could at least point you in the right direction.

p.s. I didn't run it as administrator either,I just assumed that this is the main comp and I am the administrato

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man for the ideas, lets see if the rest of us frustrated vista users can make anything out of it!

Ceci tuera cela

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded SP1, tried with CC5 as exception for FW, no success there. I also turned the FW off but I still can get the flippin multigame screen to come back, its just blank as ever.
When i try to run game in XP compability it just doesnt work, its crashes at start up, something to do with colors it says. I try W98, and it starts and works perfect in single mode but still there are no multiplayer buttons... There must be some security wall stopping the buttons, but where the hell is it?
Im so starved for combat.
Tips anyone?

EDIT: The game now works through GAMESPY ARCADE!

Ceci tuera cela

Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamchi's tuturial says join network 'test' using password 'secret', but it keeps rejecting the password.

moorhouse

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: Getting Vista to Work in Multiplayer Reply with quote

Hey guys.

For what it's worth, I added CC5 to my Vista Firewall exceptions (it doesn't do this automatically for some reason) and then changed my compatability to XP SP2 (I had been running it on 9Cool.

After that everything appeared, just like old times!

HawkerHart

Rep: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:43 pm Post subject: Re: Getting Vista to Work in Multiplayer Reply with quote

Had been running on Win 98 compatability, with no MP screen. Just changed to XP compatability and hey presto the MP screen is back.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: