Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1306
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ace21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:03 pm Post subject: okinawa mod problem Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hy, everyone

yesterday i installed the okinawa mod, and everything went fine. i've installed the latest version and the full maps back. after i played some rounds, the game suddenly crashed to desktop and there was a message:

CLOSE COMBAT ERROR:
close combat was unable to open the file:
C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Maps\hill 178.txt

but i've installed the latest maps pack! then i've downloaded the map Hill178 itself and installed it to the maps folder, but after that, there was the same message.
please help me! thanks

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It can happen sometimes with the huge zip files that not all is unzipped and some files are missing.

Had this with GJS 4.4 maps

My solution was

After error
UNINSTALL THE MOD
check the map mentionned
look for the missing file in the map pack, extract that file to maps folder
INSTALL MOD again
should work now
Wink

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Bambam, that one map has been a major pain in the campaign for a long time. Colonel finally figured it out as being a typo in the Hill 178.btd file.

See here: http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showpost.php?p=48540&postcount=7 for the small zip file that has the corrected Hill 178.btd file.

Ace21, this zip is posted on your thread at CSO as well. (http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7885).

I have used it and it works!

Okinawa is a great mod with excellent maps. It is a shame that this one flawed file turned a lot of players off the mod. Hopefully, everyone can enjoy a full Grand Campaign on Okinawa now.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote:
Actually, Bambam, that one map has been a major pain in the campaign for a long time. Colonel finally figured it out as being a typo in the

See here: http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showpost.php?p=48540&postcount=7 for the small zip file that has the corrected Hill 178.btd file.

Ace21, this zip is posted on your thread at CSO as well. (http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7885).

I have used it and it works!

Okinawa is a great mod with excellent maps. It is a shame that this one flawed file turned a lot of players off the mod. Hopefully, everyone can enjoy a full Grand Campaign on Okinawa now.

Ok the "Hill 178.btd file" go to the okinawa individual map right now ; for the map pack wait some hrs that i got to download the map pack, fix it and then upload the fixed pack

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

both, individual map and pack map are fixed now, have fun guys

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

ace21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone!! now i can play this fantastic mod without any problems. Very Happy

50cal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Haven't played cc for a looong time. I downloaded/installed Oki Mod but crashed due to missing maps.

Fixed the Hill 178 btd but am missing the another map - dakeshi ridge. It's not in the individual maps download. Downloaded from the original Oki site but txt file incompatible. Was there a change in the overall campaign since previous version? Any maps deleted?

Tkanks.

50cal

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Okinawa v1.02 is designed to use the map file names while v1.01 required the maps to be renamed to stock CC5 map names. Where your maps renamed from when you had the mod installed before? Best bet is to redownload the maps and mod again to make sure everything is v1.02.

50cal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using v 1.02 (plugin + map pack) but had problems with Hill 178 (now fixed) and Dakeshi Ridge (missing files). I wanted to download this map except it's not in the individual maps download. Will try downloading the maps pack again and reinstalling the mod. Just wanted to make sure none of the maps have been taken out in the new version.

Thanks again.

50cal

50cal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemed to have resolved the problem. Checked my map files and only txt and btd files were installed for Dakeshi Ridge. I copied the rest (mmm, los, bgm, ovm, rfm) from the Okinawa site Dakeshi files.

Seems to work for single battles. I'll try the campaign.

50cal

rufus

Rep: 50.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,i to have recently down loaded okinawa mod,same 2 map problems as above.fixed hill map, but tryd to get to oki site for the dakeshi fault fix and the link's broken,any were else i can get this individual map from?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: