Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1283
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:52 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Hi Stwa and vonB!

I love this post Wink

here is the revolution for CCMT Wink  Wink

If I can help I 'll be happy Wink

heia Safari!!

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:38 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Hello Stwa, I believe the Offset in the CC3/CoI Data File (Scenario/Saved Game) is 316 Decimal (use your Hex Editor to work in Hex if you prefer.  The values should be 0 (first Map) to 4 (fifth Map) depending on how many Maps are part of that scenario, but regardless of how many Maps in total, it always points to the first Map of the Scenario.

Hi Legion!  Thanks for the positive words!  CCMT (or a Mod or upgrade) has the potential to become the definitive CC release (which I think is a toss up between CC2 or CC3, and from a Community experience, it is CC3 for me) IF it could have a really good Strategic Game.  While most of the other releases have a depth of very good Mods, it seems that CCMT does not as yet.  It is not so surprising given the limtiations of CCMT as a Single Player Game, and I am particularly WWII focused myself.  I am not so interested in 'Modern' warfare, just '39 ~ '45.

I would also like to help in any way I can.  I do not have enough knowledge to 'Mod', by that I mean change the UI and Data, but I am sure I could learn.  Just not enough time to do that on top of everything else.  Maybe sometime...

CCMT will get the same job done on it as I am now doing with CC3/CoI, that is creating a Saved Game File Handler.  The purpose of this is to enable integration of CC with Strategic Games, either leveraged from other Games (unlikely), or Custom made by somebody(s).  You know of MMCC3, so it has already been done, but I think there is a keen interest in the Community for an Operational Game with wider scope and detail.  I am sketching out ideas for this as well, though my capabilities (and time) are also limited.

So I am not sure just what I can do to help with CCMT just at the moment.  If you can think of anything, then just say so.  If I can't I can't, but I am prepared to try.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:56 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

vonB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:22 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Quote:
we will be able to make some of it at least applicable to CCMT.

It is on the list...

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

vonB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:10 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

CCMT will be different.  It is based on CC3 according to my information, but I am expecting structural differences.

Remember, in CCM (and derivatives), there is no 'next' Map to play on, so that Value might just not be there anymore, though I do know that there has been little tidying up through the CC Versions, so it might be.  Becasue it is such an early value, I suspect it has been dropped.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:03 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

hi!

I have been comparing files cc3 ops with CCMT files

I'm not a programmer but I see different things in these files

I hope it is helpful Wink

Wink

heia Safari!!

vonB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:25 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Hi Legion.  Nice to see you having a go.  I am not going to be able to spend any time myself analysing the CCMT File at the moment (perhaps the occasional tinker), but if you were interested in pushing this further, this would be my suggestion:

Create a Scenario (CCMT) with everything populated, and if possible to the max.  The easiest values to start with will be the Strings (Briefing texts etc).  You could then make a table (spreadsheet?) with the Name (description of the value - Briefing, whatever), and the Offset at which it starts, and if possible whereit ends (hence maxing out the text entries for example).  This in itself is a good step forwards.

The numeric and other Byte Values especially are a different matter altogether.  The Map deployment zones may be easier to spot as they will be groups of similarly numbered values.  For example (if it will let you), put down 10 deployment Zones covering the whole Map.  The values should then show you where that bunch of Data starts and then ends.  And so on.

You work through bit by bit (not literally  Wink ) until it is impossible to make any more sense from it.  If that wasn't bad enough, there is also padding in the file to deal with.  In due course, I will try and weave my magic on it...

Once I have completed CCODM for CC3/CoI, I will turn my attention to CCMT, but in the meantime, I will try and help if I can.

You don't need to be a programmer (though it helps), but more of a sleuth, and one with a lot of patience!  I don't think cross comparison of the CC3/CCMT Scenario files is going to be much help, but it may with some things.  Think about the differences between them, which are not minor.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: