Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1257
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mikbolo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:46 pm Post subject: it's GJS an even mdo for u? Reply with quote

i know that this isnt the right place but i m unable to find a GJS dedicated forum....im new of the game but i find this mod really uneven...how brits can advance vs germs with worse tanks and worse infantry...may be its only my idea...just asking what do u think?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Play a GC out till the end. It wont be so easy for Germans by mid to end GC.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:22 am Post subject: Re: it's GJS an even mdo for u? Reply with quote

mikbolo wrote:
i know that this isnt the right place but i m unable to find a GJS dedicated forum....im new of the game but i find this mod really uneven...how brits can advance vs germs with worse tanks and worse infantry...may be its only my idea...just asking what do u think?

GJS forum: http://www.closecombat.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=8298d40dab7a6e2c75ed718ff6968187&f=17

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:51 pm Post subject: gjs mod even? Reply with quote

try overlord mod. it is based on gjs44, but sides are more even.

jb mac

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to develop as a player and you wont have that problem, thats all i can say. i really think a 4.4 gc can be won by either side, altho id favor the brits

Ceci tuera cela

ActionJacksonDX

Rep: 15.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

brits got 3 times as many tanks. the number of flies is about equal to the number of panthers+tigers. add about 30 M10-17pdr.
thats why allies can win. i also think that the brits are slightly favoured in 4.4.

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

GJS is the most balanced mod I have experienced.

Really I think its a question of experience of the players, not that the mod is unbalanced. I can win easily as either side, its all a question of tactics and your tactics are radically different for each side. Briefly here is what I think:

As GERMANS your objective is to pin the allies down for a day or so on the beaches till reinforcements arrive. If you keep the allies bogged down it's not going to matter that they have 3-4 times the tanks you have. You'll hit the few BG they have managed to land, hit them hard and send them back into the sea. You have a massive terrian advantage on the first few maps (assuming you are playing GC1), if you play sensibly at all you should be able to hold for a day or so. I've started tonns of GJS Grand Campaigns as both sides and I find as germans I give the allies a hell of a time and usually pin them down on the beachs for a day or so after which the whole thing is pretty much over. The key for winning as germans is know how to use your terrian in those first few battles.

As ALLIES your objective is to GET OFF THE BEACHES on the FIRST BATTLE. That means, as you would expect, the german and allied objectives are directly opposed. No matter how you do it, it is essential to get your first few BG off the beaches after the first battle. Take LOTS of tanks and DONT be precious with them. Be careful, but not afraid to rush that AT postion or infantry group that is stopping your whole advance. And take your BEST units to the feild... Getting off the beaches on the strat move after the first battle is essential, that way you can get reinforcements on the following morning. To get off the beaches of course you need to take those VLs that lead off the beach. For now just get off the beaches, let your reinforcements mop up the beach and mop up those german BGs on the beaches... Taking heavy losses as allies in the first few battles for the sake of advacing, getting off the map and destroying those first few german BGs will save you buckets later on. Because the germans have limited forces in the area, in the early stages you can advance relatively unopposed. And as we all know, advacing through enemy held territory is a big expense on your forces no matter how weak the enemy is... you want to take as many of those unoccupied areas as you can early on. Also every german BG that you disband is going to slow down german reinforcements because when his reinforcements arrive the first to arrive are the recently disbanded units... so instead of getting his nice panther BG your german opponent finds his mauled ostie group has returned... this again means its easier for you to advance! I don't mind losing tonns of tanks and my best units in the first few battles if it means I can advance.

From there what everyone else said pretty much holds, but I still think its pretty even, germans have so much AT and the allies have to advance through occupied territory all the time... any decent play should be able to deal with the 3-1 tank advantage the allies have.

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

Jump to: