Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:44 am Post subject: Infantry Submod Reply with quote

I am going to attempt a submod for Stalingrad. Notice I said submod... unfortunately theres no option as there can only be one force pool. Anyways, I will be removing most of the tanks (not all) and adding more light, low calibre tanks and mg cars. Also I will tweak the number of MG and assault troops per BG.

Basically just trying to get rid of the medium and heavy tank factor so it focuses more on infantry.

If anyone has ideas on how I should carry on... please post them!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, mooxe goes into moding Very Happy .

did u try HERO setting?

main chnges in comparison to line:
-same amount of infantry.
-less tanx.
-less guns.
-less MGs.
-less mortars.
-number of light tanx not available on other settings.

Does it look like what u need Smile?

Pzt_penguin

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mooxe that shouldn't be too hard, but if you need some help you could try
out my BG editing tutorial. The Tutorial

used to be pzt penguin Smile

Antifa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tons of suggestions because I have been playing with this idea and did a few things already.

SIMPLE CHANGES:

You could keep come assault guns for both sides and increase the AT power of the Molotov -- I did that it was fun (I just watched the movie Stalingrad and they took out T34s with Molotovs --whether it could happen or not is irrelavent --it's fun on the movie screen and it's fun when playing the game).

MAIN SUGGESTION:

Once I started toying with an inf mod it became clear to me that many of the Stalingrad maps had too much space for tanks. Soooo I went through a bunch of CC5 and CC3 maps looking for appropriate replacements -- there are a few -- a little tweaking of some of the great city maps for Red Storm Rising would work well. In any case, you don't need really make new maps (but if some good at coding buildings wants to take some of the old maps from CC3 (like Kapataa or even Kursk 1 and fill them up with buildings, that would be nice. Maps like Superberlin for CC3 are ready to go as is. I would be willing to do repainting to make them Stalingradesque --but I don't know anything about Map Making and don't really have time to take it up now --so no coding (unless someone wants to come to my house and give me step by step instructions (you bring the beer).) Razz Razz

In any case I think the real key to making a Stalingrad INF MOD would be to gather up maps with lots of buildings (if you wanted to be really grand have someone do contiguous maps with Stalingrad maps that are all ready filled with Buildings. -- but that would be loads of work. Any volunteers??? Razz Razz

A good title for such a submod might be:

STALINGRAD: INNENSTADT GEMETZEL

OTHER SUGGESTIONS

1 -- booby traps -- I had a boody trap unit in my Vietnam Sub mod -- but maybe also just recode mines to do large amoung of damage and place them in random places.

2- Motorcycles -- they are in the Polish Mod for CC3 -- it would be cool to have those. (This and the Map thing would require more effort -- but actually for this you only need to lift the image out the Polish mod and code it) -- I you've got a plan and needed any text coding done, I will help.

3. Code in Control for Tank and Gun units that have fled. I know this leads to VL Rushing -- but it's more exciting (in the EL mod I gave them rifles for that very reason.

4. Increase the power of support -- I did that as soon as I got the mod, so I almost forgot about it.

5. Don't get insane about historical accuracy and maybe throw in the Spanish Romanians and Italians for fun

6. If you really don't want to be insane about accuracy take the AT Rifles and turn them into handheld assault canons like I did for Eastern Legions -- it's basically an imaginary WWII verion of a heavy duty blooper gun to soften up a bulding before storming (only 2 shots) -- this would allow for some really exciting attacks -- and beyond history -- it's all about playability isn't it?

(My apologies to the Professors on the list who us the game to teach and test WWII history. (This Semester's final-- find the historical accuracies in this mod.) -- Just playing Razz Razz -- I have great respect for those who know the facts and try to get it right in the game but if this is already a submod you could take a few liberties (drawing the line of course at including a picture of scooby doo as one of the commanders.) Razz Razz

In any case --synopsis -- more city maps for more CLOSE combat. [/b]

Antifa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on this a little more -- I just download 1.2 -- I had been playing with my mod-ed version of 1.0 (I still didn't see much of difference in the indestructability of the AT guns -- it is the armor) == anywho -- I've been cutting down tank units and the like -- I think expanding units would be good and doing some of the changes/additions mentioned above. If I get time, I will screw around with adding in other city maps over the outlying maps and see how they play.

As I said if you have a plan and need help with any on the DATA or re-painting maps, let me know.

Also here's the Camp I've been using for infantry fun. The difference being that that I gave two bursts per round in the Russian rifles and gave them the Molotov shooters. I also didn't use tanks at all even if the AI did (oh but I did increase the power of Brandflaschen/ Molotovs and Bezinkanister. ) In any case, it was fun. You have until the 18th to win -- if you don't the Russian tanks come pouring in (you get your tanks a bit later). The initial set up is a-linear to create chaos from the outset.

Cheers --

Infantry Units Camp.zip
 Description:
This is the Camp with Inf Units, it's set up to be against the AI because the Russians get tons of supply.

Download
 Filename:  Infantry Units Camp.zip
 Filesize:  112.3 KB
 Downloaded:  416 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: