Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1249
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:57 am Post subject: New Attempt at a Vietnam Mod for CC5 Reply with quote

I know that there have been a few attempts at making a CC5 Vietnam mod in the past, but a new team is being formed to have definitive crack at the job.

So far Close Combat Mod Team - Vietnam (CCMT-V) consists of:

Pzt_Generaser
Pzt_Penguin
ANZAC_Lord4War
Pzt_Verboten

The mod is in the initial planning stages where we are collecting information on weapons, units etc.

The mod will be set mid 1968 in the Bien Hoa/Long Binh/Long Khan area, basically a good chunk of the HQ II Corps Field Force Vietnam AO. Hopefully this will allow us to incorporate a lot of differnt types of units such as 11th Cavalry, ARVN, and Australian units. On the NVA/VC side we should be able to include guerilla and mainforce VC units, but at this stage our information is thin.

Although we will try and base this on a historically accurate Operation, we are not above sacrificing reality for good gameplay.

For version one we will be looking at using existing maps, if I there is a map that we want to use, and can find the author then we will contact that person and ask permission and give due credit. For those that have unknown authors, we would like to use them and ask that if anyone knows who made the map can they let us know so we can do the right thing.

Also if anyone has any information, or can help out in any way feel free to post over at the Forums that Penguin has provided for us over at CCJ:

http://forum.ccjunkies.com/viewforum.php?f=6

At this stage there won't be a website for the mod as I would rather spend my time working on the mod itself as opposed to maintaining a site.

Cheers,

Pzt Verboten

Project Co-ordinator (Because I can't do anything else!)
CCMT-V

Antifa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately check out the CC3 Vietnam Mod they did a lot of fantastic work -- with weapons and the like. It would be cool to have a Nam mod for CC Marines because there are choppers in that Game -- Good Luck!

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What?

No Pzt.Wruff?

Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Antifa wrote:
Definately check out the CC3 Vietnam Mod they did a lot of fantastic work -- with weapons and the like. It would be cool to have a Nam mod for CC Marines because there are choppers in that Game -- Good Luck!

Thanks, I have CC3 and will be Dling the mod to se how they went about things. There may also be something that we can use stright form that mod - providing approval to do so is granted.

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree wholeheartedly that the CCIII Nam mod is worth checking out. It really is a shame that more wasn't done with it in terms of GCs and possible submods. The AI is relentless!! If you are serious about persuing this there are two excellent websites that you should have a look at...

http://www.nexus.net/~911gfx/sea-ao.html

http://grunt.space.swri.edu/visit/maps/maps.htm

Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Links Yukongold, they will come in very handy.

The forums over at Close Combat Junkies are humming along as we slowly compile the resources we need to pull this thin off. There are also some interesting discussions regarding off map support.

Cheers,

Verboten

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Antifa wrote:

Amen to that Antifa, CC3 Vietnam mod was excellent.

Good luck

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: