Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:41 am Post subject: Band of Brothers Sub-Mod Reply with quote

I am in the process of making a sub-mod based on the HBO mini-series Band of Brothers. Here is the command screen for the game. More uploads to follow. [/img]

UO0066.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.82 KB
 Viewed:  16634 Time(s)

UO0066.jpg

LUFT_SOLDAT_BELLEW

Rep: 45.1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great,what sit do you load your photos from?.

Luft_Soldat_Bellew,

Luft Can Fly To Victory!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:04 pm Post subject: Band of Brothers Sub-Mod Reply with quote

For some reason I am unable to post to Combat Camera. So, here are a few more pics to "whet your appetite". I'm also completed with the ScrnGadget and the FPools. Hopefully, not too much longer until I can post for everyone.

UO0055.jpg
 Description:
Here is Easy Company
 Filesize:  126.99 KB
 Viewed:  16560 Time(s)

UO0055.jpg

UO0050.jpg
 Description:
Gerald Lorriane earns his DSC once again
 Filesize:  101.84 KB
 Viewed:  16558 Time(s)

UO0050.jpg

UO0065.jpg
 Description:
Captain Winters and his team finish an attack
 Filesize:  168.05 KB
 Viewed:  16558 Time(s)

UO0065.jpg

LUFT_SOLDAT_BELLEW

Rep: 45.1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

wow once again great work i cant wait maby after this sub mod you could make a Band of Brothers full mod with all there battles.
Luft_Sodlat_bellew

Luft Can Fly To Victory!

Archangel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

nice work...keep it up! Smile Smile

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Bel8910,

Quote:
For some reason I am unable to post to Combat Camera.

Did you create an album for yourself?
Can you elaborate a little bit more on the mod?
(Which maps, is it only the screens that are changing, sound, ...)

BTW it looks very good Smile

Bel8910

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:31 pm Post subject: Info on Band of Brothers Sub Mod Reply with quote

Attached is a text file on what changes I have made. I will fill up my album as soon as I put the pics together.

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement. Hopefully, the mod will not disappoint, only make you enjoy the game that much more.

Enjoy!

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks great!

A couple of question:
What are the German units going to be like?

How many different maps will there be?

How crappy would you feel if Capt. Winters dies? LOL.

Can't wait for it to come out, nice work.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:42 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

no txt attachment...just copy and paste it into forum.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Bel8910

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:52 am Post subject: Pictures and such (lots of reading in this one!) Reply with quote

My album is up and running...only about 12 pics, though.

To answer some questions:

I'd feel pretty bad if Major Winters died, first of all. He's sorta of hero (as a side note, I read the book long before the min-series was out and have great respect for the leader of Easy)

as far as maps, my plan is to have every map I can get my hands on to represent Easy's major OpAreas (Aldbourne, Brecourt, Foucarville, Carentan, Hell's Highway, Son, Veghel, Nijmegan, Alsace, Hagenau, Bastogne, Foy, Noville...not sure about Bretchesgarten though...there was a bi-line in the book about a small battle outside of the town, maybe if I can find a map that looks like "Nazi Party HQ" I'll put it in. I don't know if I'll be able to have and accurate strat map though, or if the maps will be connected or seperate. I'm still learning how to use StratEdit.

As far as the German teams, I will focus on the 6th FJ since this was thier most common enemy (D-Day, M-G, and somewhat in the Ardennes)

Thanks to Anzac_Lord4War who pointed out my .txt file didn't upload. So, here it is:

Things I have done so far in the game (1.0 will be uploaded to the downloads section soon so that you can check it out and give me some feedback)

Map Replacement -
Auvres is now Brecourt Manor

Varmsml is now Aldbourne...I use this as a "realistic" test map

FortRoul is Foucarville

Hill140 is now Foy

I am just learning how to use StratEdit. If I can figure it out, I will make it so that these maps can be connected and if possible make Battles/Operations/Campaigns out of them.

THINGS I NEED HELP ON: I have not found any maps for Alsace or Haguenau, and I have not yet added in the "Market Garden Maps." Other maps I plan to add will be Bastogne and Noville. Also, if I find one with a big hill dominating the battle screen, I will make that into "Currahee, Camp Toccoa."

I have changed the screengadget, CCpix and gamegadget files to reflect a "khaki" color. I'm done with command screen and soldier screen, still need to work on the Map and Scenario Screens. Please don't be disappointed if I only color Easy Company and not the rest of every battlegroup. For those of you who have done a complete mod, I salute you for your patience and I know you all must have bionic point and click fingers now!

Easy Company has a standard EOT for a WW II Airborne Company which includes:

Company Commander HQ Team
Three Platoon Leader Teams
Six Squad Teams
1 Pathfinder Team

This is how it would look on your soldier req screen:

Spot 1: Easy Co. HQ Team: 7 man Team
(CO, XO, Staff Officer, Company First Sergeant, Ass’t Squad Leader, 2 soldiers)
Spot 2: 1st Platoon: 7 man Team (Commander, Squad Leader, Ass’t Squad Leader, 4 Soldiers, 1 BAR)
Spot 3: 1st Squad: 10 man Team
(Squad Leader, 2 Ass’t Squad Leaders, 1 BAR & Loader, Bazooka, 3 Soldiers, 1 Corpsman)
Spot 4: 2nd Squad: 10 man Team (Squad Leader, 2 Ass’t Squad Leaders, .30 cal LMG & Loader, BAR & Loader, Bazooka, 2 soldiers)
Spot 5: 3rd Squad: 10 man Team (Squad Leader, 2 Ass’t Squad Leaders, BAR, 60mm Mortar, 2 Loaders, Bazooka, 1 Soldier, 1 Corpsman)
Spot 6: 2nd Platoon
Spot 7: 1st Squad
Spot 8: 2nd Squad
Spot 9: 3rd Squad
Spot 10:Pathfinder Team: 3 man Team (all with Tommy guns)
Spot 11: 3rd Platoon
Spot 12: 1st Squad
Spot 13: 2nd Squad
Spot 14: 3rd Squad
Spot 15: Reserved for Command Jeep (Commander, Driver, Gunner)

According to research each Platoon had at least two (2) .30 cal LMGs and at least one (1) 60mm mortar team attached. Within this modification, the 2nd Squad has a MGs and 3rd Squad has the mortar team. The second MG is not used, though 2nd Squad is also armed have with 2-man BARs. 1st Squad is the main assault team heavy with M1A1 carbines, Garand rifles and Browning Automatic Rifles (BARs). Additionally, the last man in the Platoon Leader team and 3rd Squad is only armed with a .45 caliber pistol. This is to simulate the corpsmen attached to each platoon. Ironically, the AI plays this well. The last man does not even load his pistol unless he is directly threatened by the enemy. Also, the game only allows for ten men in each squad, not the standard 12 which is way I do not have the second the MG in the teams.

On the game screen F7 Soldier List, I have changed "Leader" and "Asst Leader" to read "Squad Leader" and "Asst Sqd Ldr"

Though not part of the game, I have made the VII Corps Engineer team into the 25th Navy Construction Regiment, a SeaBee Unit that was at Normandy, back up by a Marine Detachment. This is more for "service connection" than for any other reason.

I have changed many of the Soldier pics to include screen shots from the movie and more realistic pictures of vehicles, etc. This is very evident for the 25th NCR.

I have changed the AITeams, FPools and BGroups .adb files to reflect Easy Company.

I have changed some sounds in the game. I think you will like the very first sound when the game starts. As I identify the indivdual sounds, I plan to make some wavs from the movie and incorporate them.

I will keep you updated on more changes as they occur.

Disclaimers:

CCV:Normandy, Band of Brothers and images are the trademark of thier respective companies. This is being made strictly for enjoyment and no profit.

THANK-YOUs:

Again, thanks to all those who created the programs I am using to modify my game.

CCReq
Qclone
CCHack
Stratedit
RegXtra
RegXtra Maps
The Foucarville, Adlbourne (HQ), and Foy Maps (converted from CC3 to CCV)

Thanks to the guys at the Close Combat Series Website who have taken the time to help guide me through some of the tricker parts of modding. ESPECIALLY MOOXE

A thank you to Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks and Stephen Ambrose, HBO & Dreamworks for the wonderful book and mini-series.

Most of all a BIG THANK-YOU to the men of EASY COMPANY, 506th PIR, 101st AIRBORNE who are the inspiration for the mod. Though it's doubtful they will ever hear of this mod, or myself, as a fellow service member I appreciate all they did during World War II.

May We Never Forget.

Bel8910

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:03 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

hey before u upload anything publicly for people to test.
do u mind showing me ur plugin scripts.
i can gauge from these if any of modifications ur making will cause errors for other people using regx maps in Reg Xtra @ beyond the beach.
can help u connect maps as well.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Bel... If you need to find maps try here; http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=158

All the maps in the A-Z catagories have a thumbnail image clickable to a larger size, may be useful in picking a map. Also most CC5 maps have this also if you take a look at them.

L4W, the plugin is in the uploads section here on the site if you want to check it out. Always wise to have someone double check the script before 100 people mess up thier installations!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all great stuff, and you really seem to be heading in the right direction with all of this Bel.

A couple of more questions for you Razz

For the Operation Market Garden phase (and just referencing the series here) Easy hooks up with some British armor (as does their German counterparts). Do you have any plans of incorporating this (specifically armor) into the mod?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Mac

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:12 am Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

ok as u have no plugin..i assume nothing is final

i like the varimesil and fort maps.

the 3 maps u have uploaded will need to be renamed.
i know u have stated they are named different in game.
but it is when they r placed in map folder,they will overwrite original reg maps.
u do not want to do this. despite some people telling u how easy it is to paste over it again.

i suggest naming them brothers1=fort roul
brothers2=levarimesil.
and so on.
u could call them BoB1 as well,but might confuse some1 with battle of berlin.
this way u will have ur own individual maps that no one else can rename by accident.

Bel8910

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:38 am Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

Anzac,

Yes, once I get down to figuring out how to do work the dates, I will incorporate armor for the Hell's Highway portion of Easy's movements.

Thanks for the heads up on the maps.

Also, I haven't gotten as far as figuring out how to make a plugin. The zip file is just putting what I have together so that everyone can get a brief glimpse at what I'm doing and offer some feedback.

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Bel,

Do you also have a pic for splash screen and main screen?
Look at my site and you wiill understand why I ask Very Happy

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:53 am Post subject: Reply to BAMBAM Reply with quote

I do like your site...I was all over it, not sure I found what you wanted me to find. The only thing I have is the Currahee shield for a splash screen and the BoB mini-series pic for the main splash. Attached both for you to check out.

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.18 KB
 Viewed:  14543 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:59 pm Post subject: Band of Brothers on Hold - Indefinitely Reply with quote

All,

I am sorry to announce I will have to put my sub-mod on hold for awhile. My computer crashed hard last night, losing almost all my mod info, except what was uploaded to this site. Additionally, my father is going in for surgery so I need to fly home.

I will pick up where I left off if time/circumstances allow.

Bel

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Good luck with everything.

-Mac

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough luck on the comp...I know how that goes.

Just in case you get going again...forget Foucarville. This was in not in the 506th sector of operations, and if any men from E/506/101 were fighting there, it was because they were lost and fighting with other units until making their way back to the unit. When Winters began the 2nd attack of the day on the Brecourt Battery, E/506 had about 10-12 men...by the time he was done, Harry Welsh had arrived at Le Grand Chemin with about 30 more

For Normandy, you are looking at:

Le Grand Chemin (Brecourt Manor)
St Marie Du Mont
Vierville
Carentan
Bloody Gulch
Perhaps some hedgerow maps for the Winters treck from St Mare Eglise to Le Grand Chemin

Holland, places like:

Son
Eindhoven
Helmond-Nuenen
Uden
The Island
Etc

Belgium

le Bois Jacques
Foy
Noville
Rachamp

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: