Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
CarpeNoctem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:43 pm Post subject: Does the AI cheat? Reply with quote

I am playing an un-patched, un-modded vanillia install of CC5. I don't play often; probably less than 10 times in the past several years.

Current Settings are all defaulted and even (I.e. difficulty for both sides are right in the middle) I have a time limit of 15 minutes, neither side can 'see' the other always.

I seem to notice that the AI playing the US seems to be able to see and do things that shouldnt be. I.e. seeing clear across the map and sending mortar rounds on my troops.

It's really wierd, I can sneak troops, even scouts, along hedgerows and still get sighted and thus pinned. And it's not like the AI is taking a chance, it's obvious my troops have been sighted.

Also, it's not like the AI could possibly get troops far enough into the map and camping out in a spot, especially when the AI doesn't take VL along the way, as the AI does religiously.

Thanks,

CN

It puts the lotion on it's skin; or it gets the hose again!

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play too often either Embarassed , but in my opinion the AI needs to do all it can in regular CCV. Just for a decent game I have to put the AI on
recruit and my side on elite. Also need to not move from preset positions
on map, and not change my rosters- and occaisionally change the AIs Rolling Eyes .
Many say that the mods and GJS are the only way to go in V.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

CarpeNoctem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

KG_dgfred wrote:
I don't play too often either Embarassed , but in my opinion the AI needs to do all it can in regular CCV. Just for a decent game I have to put the AI on
recruit and my side on elite. Also need to not move from preset positions
on map, and not change my rosters- and occaisionally change the AIs Rolling Eyes .
Many say that the mods and GJS are the only way to go in V.

?????

So you are saying the AI discounts realism settings so to have a decent game? Not very decent if the settings have no bearing...

I agree the AI needs some buffing up so to speak. But giving a complete sight of the map (or opp. units on the map rather) should be only bound to the realism setting.

-CN

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you look in your game option if you agree to the opponent the option "always see your enemy"?

Dont forget than opponent will detect easily any enemy troops runing over a field , with clear los on the fields where your troops runing, ... Like other backline trooper can detect them too thought a foreast , a hedge, a house ...
AI always use some reaction like if he play US and get the naval avaiable for the map it will aiming the first panzer or grap of vehicles as fast as it will detect them. Same for if it detect enemy troops runing he will launch arty support on them, if he took mortars, it will start the bombing....

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

CarpeNoctem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ZAPPI4 wrote:
Did you look in your game option if you agree to the opponent the option "always see your enemy"?

Made sure this is not the case.

ZAPPI4 wrote:

Dont forget than opponent will detect easily any enemy troops runing over a field , with clear los on the fields where your troops runing, ... Like other backline trooper can detect them too thought a foreast , a hedge, a house ...

This is the crux of the matter, I don't think that these situations are present but yet it seems the enemy AI can see them.

AI seems to target my troops that have say a few buildings, several tree and hedge lines, varying terrain heights, etc between my guys and the AI lines.

Yet, if I have recon units in a say the pill boxes on the beach, I can't see the US AT guns 100 yards away, that I know the AI has.

Does the AI cheat in this regard?

ZAPPI4 wrote:

AI always use some reaction like if he play US and get the naval avaiable for the map it will aiming the first panzer or grap of vehicles as fast as it will detect them. Same for if it detect enemy troops runing he will launch arty support on them, if he took mortars, it will start the bombing....

Yeah, I got a whole platoon wasted while they were entered the 'Tank Trap' (one of the beach maps) from the rear. That I felt was a good kill because they were possibly visible to the AI on the wall. The AI sat the whole mortar barage on the and made short work of my fast moving close together platoon. That was a serious lesson. LOL

-CN

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no problems with the AI. i think that it is fair and realistic. so i'd say about ready to take hitler mustashe and shoving it up his ... :hitler

What would H Jones do?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: