Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:18 pm Post subject: who wins the most german or russian? Reply with quote

does the game favor the germans in the grand campain like i have been told, your opion please guys? p.s I think some of the russian inf units need extra support more AT guns and or BT7s,SU45 not a lot just a few, it would make a big differance in the over all campain! yes the germans are stronger they are attacking the city after all.

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Last edited by tigercub on Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never finished the GC for Stalingrad, but I'm in the middle of one, and the Germans kick all sorts of ass.

The Germans are stronger for certain.

Ercan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:56 pm Post subject: who wins the most german or russian? Reply with quote

I have finished the GC and the germans are definetly stronger, even if the russians have the better armour with the T34´s and the KV1 tanks

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No contest. And T34's aren't better armor. Especially without ATG's to back 'em up. Will be no time before you're charging panzers with russian 3 man teams that have no morale.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@Ercan,Wruff&tigercub

have u ever finished H2H GC?

tigercub

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
@Ercan,Wruff&tigercub

have u ever finished H2H GC?
i am in the middle of one that is what the post is asking people, the chap i am playing has played 4 gc h2h 3 as russian { i am german in this one} and he says the russian struggle to hold on.i dont know myself but so far i am not having to much trouble killing russian units off ! A long way to go!

Started with CC1 Demo

chocoleibniz

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thread as I'm about to start a GC H2H as the Germans.

In Meuse the campaign is 8 days with three rounds per day.

How many days in the Stalingrad GC and how many rounds per turn?

Thanks for the answers.

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't played it yet but i'd base the answer off history and say the russians win more :hurt7

What would H Jones do?

tigercub

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

king_tiger_tank wrote:
i haven't played it yet but i'd base the answer off history and say the russians win more :hurt7
history has very little to do with what happens in this campain! its only a game based stalingrad WW2 and so far the germans are the winners from what i have seen, but a lot to see yet.

Started with CC1 Demo

Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

For GC in this mod, I think the Russian player need to be more skillful than the German player in order to have a balanced game.

Meuse mod is 3 rounds(3 strategy moves) per historical day. I think most other mods is 2 per day.

Sokol688

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:31 pm Post subject: Any more AARs from H2H? Reply with quote

Just started a H2H game (vet vs vet level), and I must say this mod is fanstastic so far. Very different feel from the original, and really plays like a whole new game. Wonderful job, and finally gives the CC series the location it was always destined for, the tight confines of Stalingrad. Having visited the city myself, I even found the overall depiction of the ground, ravines and such, to be very accurate.

Now that it's been out awhile, is the general consensus that the sides are pretty balanced, or that the German side is easier to play? In my game it's too early to tell, but I feel like the Russian player can do some damage to the German on the opening maps, especially when the German has to cross open ground. On the other side, the German tank units seem pretty strong, and the T-34 not very powerful in a straight up duel with Panzers. One other difference I've noticed is how much bigger the maps are, so where as on CCIV/V you might play one map for a turn or two, now you might fight on the same map for a longer period of time. I like this change as it makes you invest more in each advance, and avoids the one shot push off the map that was so common in CCIV in particular. I look forward to more H2H feedback/strats in particular.

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but in CC3 many of the battles had the in favor of the germans.
but in stalingrad the germans came in the favorite and came out surrendering in 1 year.
:drink2 toast to the russians!

What would H Jones do?

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

but soon i'll get CC5 and do the mod and see for myself. :yank

What would H Jones do?

MörserCarl

Rep: 37.1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of a H2H GC and playing the Soviet side. No doubt the Germans generally are better equipped than my Russian troopers. But it's actually not so much the equipment that grows my hair grey, it's more Ivan's low morale that seems to make it difficult to make them stand up to the Jerries. Anyway, so far my Russian subordinates are putting up a relatively fierce resitance albeit at a high price in material and troops (soon I will probably be overwhelmed by the German armoured battle groups).

German AT guns are my number one nightmare... They seem to destroy everything they are pointed at. An artillery barrage will knock a gun out if the gun is placed in an open area. Therefore I am very careful to allocate my artillery barrages to those battle groups that need them the most.

It's just a GAME after all...

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is that you have to move your artellery from the protection and get into an area to have fighting ability. have you got the later version of the T-34? it would work against panthers and even tigers(from behind). they also take out the stugs, nashorns, and even the mighty Fredinand. :hurt10 :hurt2 they will have hurt moral for awhile too.

What would H Jones do?

tigercub

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Myg wrote:
I'm in the middle of a H2H GC and playing the Soviet side. No doubt the Germans generally are better equipped than my Russian troopers. But it's actually not so much the equipment that grows my hair grey, it's more Ivan's low morale that seems to make it difficult to make them stand up to the Jerries. Anyway, so far my Russian subordinates are putting up a relatively fierce resitance albeit at a high price in material and troops (soon I will probably be overwhelmed by the German armoured battle groups).

German AT guns are my number one nightmare... They seem to destroy everything they are pointed at. An artillery barrage will knock a gun out if the gun is placed in an open area. Therefore I am very careful to allocate my artillery barrages to those battle groups that need them the most.
is this micheal?

Started with CC1 Demo

MörserCarl

Rep: 37.1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you Von?

It's just a GAME after all...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: