Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:31 am Post subject: Bugs and misstakes Reply with quote

Hi! Will try to update in the future to version 2.1 .If you sweat guys could please give me some facts and we will see what i can change...

1.IS-2 wreck is missing.(If you have perhaps succeded to take one out..)

2.Spelling of Finnish units.

3.Change some teams to be more historical.

4.Put in the repainted T-34/85 in the Finnish armour brigade (missed it!!)

5.I am out of beer Smile .....

Thankyou!

Mats

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hi sapa,

85mm D-48 - was produced since 1953.
IS-2 - 4men crew 3 DT MGs, DShK wasn't use with IS-2'43.

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Changed the crew to 4 men and renamed it to IS-2M (model -44 manufactured from april -44) with the DshK...dont say their wasent any at Karelian Isthmus because now their is!

Mats

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
Thanks! Changed the crew to 4 men and renamed it to IS-2M (model -44 manufactured from april -44) with the DshK...dont say their wasent any at Karelian Isthmus because now their is!
Mats

hehe, not like that.
IS-2M was the index of IS-2 after UKN-program(1951-1962).

IS-122 was in production since Dec 1943-Jan 1944.
IS-122 was renamed to IS-2 in April 1944.
IS-2 obr.44 was in production since July-August 1944(main visual diference was straight nose).

IS-2 had flawed armour. Could be pen. by pak40(and varients) from 600m. Turret could be crashed even by ZIS-3 at 500m. Low frontal plate was v weak.
In IS-2 obr.44 all these flaws were fixed. So theoretically it couldn't be pen. from frontal projection by any german gun but 12.8cm.
IS-2M is post-war modernization(UKN- removal of constructive flaws). Armour remained same.

So in Karelia only IS-2 were used. Should not be a problem for StuK40/Pak40 at Karelia ranges Smile.

Last edited by Dima on Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

AirdefMike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing the GC as the Finns:

1. The rank insignias aren't properly displayed on the gamemap. If I choose the command squads as Captain and 2 2nd Lieutenants, I'll get a 2nd Lieutenant and 2 full Lieutenants instead. So the rank goes up a notch and then falls back down (Captain becomes a 2nd Lt as there is a rank of Major in the game).

2. The Finnish collar patch is upside down in the squad details screen when there are no stripes. So this graphical bug concerns the men of the rank of Private.

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I have seen it, among other things, but their will be no graphic update at this stage because i havent got the time to do it...

Mats

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
hi sapa,

85mm D-48 - was produced since 1953.
IS-2 - 4men crew 3 DT MGs, DShK wasn't use with IS-2'43.

Thanks Dima! Removed the D-48 (what was i thinking about..) and replaced the DShk , now we have a Josef Stalin 2 model -43, i think..

Mats Smile

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa I did notice two rather large things in the game that didnt seem right. First one of lack of road connections to other maps. Second one is lack of VLs on a map and also the VLs seem to centrally located on a map. Some maps have all VLs close tothe center thereby not making good use of the rest of the maps.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
Sapa I did notice two rather large things in the game that didnt seem right. First one of lack of road connections to other maps. Second one is lack of VLs on a map and also the VLs seem to centrally located on a map. Some maps have all VLs close tothe center thereby not making good use of the rest of the maps.

Well maybe you are used to play huge maps like GJS with VL:s in all direction...belive it or not made all of this for a purpose, to force the stupid AI to move forward.I suppose that some people like it and some will not but, i tried to make something different together with SouthernLand.

Maybe we could have put in more Victory Locations all over the maps but made this,as i sad, on a purpose..

Same thing in the Nortern Part of the stratmap, wanted the Ai to use the 23;rd Russian army on their historical position,advancing to the river of Vuoksi and not mixe them up with the 21;st Army.

Mats

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well maybe you are used to play huge maps like GJS with VL:s in all direction...belive it or not made all of this for a purpose, to force the stupid AI to move forward.I suppose that some people like it and some will not but, i tried to make something different together with SouthernLand.

Maybe we could have put in more Victory Locations all over the maps but made this,as i sad, on a purpose..

Same thing in the Nortern Part of the stratmap, wanted the Ai to use the 23;rd Russian army on their historical position,advancing to the river of Vuoksi and not mixe them up with the 21;st Army.

Mats

Ok it makes sense now.

Sapa

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the changes planed so far, must change the rank pictures to, i think...any more you want to change?

Changes made;

1.Removed DshK Mg from the IS-2 tank.Replaced with standard 7,62 Mg.The model 1943 didnt have this mg (thanks to Dima)

2.Fixed the IS-2 wreck.

3.Renamed a bunch of Finnish names.(thanks to AirdefMike)

4.Company Command team now has three men, Platoon Leader five men (Finns)

5.Removed the Russian 85mm AT-gun from all Russian battlegroups.(Thanks to Dima)

6.The Finnish Armour battlegroup now has the repainted T-34/85 (forgotten that beauty, sorry Ian!)

7.Changed the Mikkula BTD (Flag in the svamp) Southern_Land did all the work.

8.Added Rajajääkeri to the 10th and 2nd Division (Elite Border Guards)

9.Increased morale and experiense for the Ratsuväki Brigades(Cavallery).They were for real, more an elit unit.

10.Added Command BT-42 to the 20th Brigade

Mats

von_crum

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:29 am Post subject: CC5 Karelia 2 Reply with quote

Hi
I was checking out the CSO Forums and noticed that Sapa has posted a small patch 2.1 for Karelia 2.

Karelia bugs and mistakes 17 may 2006
Data Base.Zip
Maps.Zip

Thanks Sapa for making another excellent CC5 Mod.

http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10743

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The plugin is now updated to version 2.1. The map Mikula is also updated with the new BTD file. Thank you Sapa.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sapa and Mooxe for the mod and plugin!

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:10 pm Post subject: Comments Reply with quote

Let me start out by saying thank you for your hard work in creating this mod. I am very impressed with the mod and have enjoyed playing it the last few weeks.

General concerns/issues/food for thought
1. I placed 2 Finn AT units in ambush under good cover and when the game started mortars started falling on their exact and separate locations. I was puzzled about how the AI could see me right away even though I was in good cover (ravine surrounded by trees), I was in ambush, and the Computer had no apparent LOS.
2. The flamethrowing infantry units seem to have an impressive range for their flamethrowers. I've never had such range in other CC games and mods.
3. Strategic map - I know that you intentionally designed the Strat map to force the Russian advance via historical routes, BUT for game play it makes it difficult to defend in a strategic capacity when I have to advance BG's down the limited strategic routes. I'm having success bottling up the Russians on the front lines towards the north start off points but they have broken through along the southern route. BUT I can't move units south to cut them off. I have to start at the Finn supply points and choose the correct
strategic path down to block the Russian advance. The current strategic map has basically eliminated the strategic aspects of a Grand Campagin and instead has created multiple Operational Scenarios on a single Strat Map.
4. Cliffs - i have Russian tanks advancing up apparent cliff sides.

Please allow me to re-emphasize that I am very impressed with the mod, the battle maps are fantastic, the research is excellent and my 13 yr old son loves the sound. The above comments are strictly feedback for possible improvement. Thank you again for your work and for allowing us to further feed our Close Combat appetites. Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:38 pm Post subject: SP Gun Reply with quote

One other item
I believe the SU76 (I think that's the gun) is an SP gun. I immibilized one and went to finish it off from the side/rear and it fired its main gun on my troops killing them. It then continued to fire its main gun 90 degrees from facing on a more distant target. Am I wrong about it being an SP gun??

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"1. I placed 2 Finn AT units in ambush under good cover and when the game started mortars started falling on their exact and separate locations. I was puzzled about how the AI could see me right away even though I was in good cover (ravine surrounded by trees), I was in ambush, and the Computer had no apparent LOS.
2. The flamethrowing infantry units seem to have an impressive range for their flamethrowers. I've never had such range in other CC games and mods.
3. Strategic map - I know that you intentionally designed the Strat map to force the Russian advance via historical routes, BUT for game play it makes it difficult to defend in a strategic capacity when I have to advance BG's down the limited strategic routes. I'm having success bottling up the Russians on the front lines towards the north start off points but they have broken through along the southern route. BUT I can't move units south to cut them off. I have to start at the Finn supply points and choose the correct
strategic path down to block the Russian advance. The current strategic map has basically eliminated the strategic aspects of a Grand Campagin and instead has created multiple Operational Scenarios on a single Strat Map.
4. Cliffs - i have Russian tanks advancing up apparent cliff sides."

Thanks for the support!

Will try to answer on this..........

1.I have seen this too but i cant really explain it.I havent changed any of those things from the orginal game.

2.Flamethrowers changed for just this effect.Same thing made to the Russian flame tanks.Wanted to have them real deadly, same as TT;s VetBoB for CC4.

3.As you allready have sad, this kind of stratmap could really get you frustrated but i will not change it.After the Russian offensive on Karelian Isthmus, Finns brought in regiments from Eastern Karelia by rail to area of Tali as reinforcements and they had to move by foot to the battle area...

4.Will have to talk to Shane about this.

Nice to hear that you have problems with the southern sector, that was my purpose Wink

My son hates all of Close Combat so you must be real lucky with your son!!

Mats Smile

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa - thanks for the response

My boys prefer to play each other rather than their dad because I always kick their butt. I'm trying to teach them tactics as well as the strategic aspects of infantry combat. There is so much knowledge to impart that I take for granted what I know about weapons, ranges, units strengths etc etc.

I have to purposely lose to my boys to keep their interest in playing me.

Sapa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kevin, i know what you mean. Back in the CC3 release days, my son tried it and of course he made a scenario with just big German tanks for himself and gave the Russians a couple of halftrucks..but i suppose that its a kids way of playing.

Cant do much of updates to Karelia 2 or Berlin right know because my old computer with Win 98 has brooken down and i cant get the tools in action on WinXP Sad

We will see what the future could bring....

Cheers Mats Laughing

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wait until the Christmas break before I can play my son again H2H. We found the kids were too distracted by PC and PS2 games during school nights and had to ban electronics during the week (they weren't doing their homework or were rushing through it). He really wants to play me H2H (lucky me) but I have to stick to being a dad before being a gamer.

I am interested in finding someone to play H2H online besides my son. I have gotten burned a couple times by people who created lopsided battles. I had one guy who created a battle where he had an armor BG on the defensive and he gave me an Airborne BG on the offensive. He set the battle so that I entered an open ground corner with 1VL. He played 12+ tanks to my 2 light AT guns. It was over in 47 seconds. He boasted about kicking my butt. What an ignoramous!! Needless to say we didn't play a 2nd battle.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Karelia

Jump to: