Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:18 pm Post subject: Can an AVRE's shell landing near a StuG knock out the StuG? Reply with quote

Recently while i was playing a GC with W_Model i was surprised greatly by something. My stug and his avre shot at the same time from close range (30-40m) to each other. The stug was immobilised whereas the avre was functioning properly. Then Model withdrew his avre a bit and shot a HE shell to an infantry squad near my stug. I couldn't believe my eyes my stug was destroyed because of this area schock/damage of the avre. My question is: Is it possible to knock out/destroy a tank/assault gun with a near ground hitting shell of a high diameter gun? Or have i probably got it wrong and understood it false?

poli

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen it happen once- Blew up a stug that was next to a 2story building- Didnt have LOS on the stug- so put area fire on building just behind him (was meant to supress) and to my suprise the stug went BOOOOM .

"What is your major malfunction ?????"

Yummydog

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I had seems my oppenet's AVRE together with a firefly, and the AVRE shot to the building just in fornt of both tanks, Boooomm.......... save my bullet, both tanks destoryed!! Laughing

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AVREs can be significant battlefield assets. A single AVRE, protected by LOS can do massive damage without having clear shots. A good opopnent will wait for the AVRE to reload before engaging it at close range. The reload time is 40 seconds, and the range IIRC is 80m. At close range with regular tanks, the AVRE loses most duels but not before inflicting some damage. AVREs should be a primary target after regular tanks when destroying an enemy BG.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Yep Cipressina found out about the dangers of parking a tank right underneath a 2 story house for that reason yesterday.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

aikmen

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

In overlord anyways AVRES are the most efficient AT weapon, peak around a corner and KABOOM at close range, everything dies!!!!

Avres are one of the most fearsome tanks on the battlefield if u can stay under cover and in tight spots!

Aik

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

yes a fair while back, had a mark 4 hiding behind building with my troops in the building , avre opened up on troops first shot went clean thru the building to kill my tank... opponent hadnt even seen my tank

"percute et percute velociter"

sobibor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Battle of Berlin, I was trying to knock out a T-34/85 with a King Tiger but I hadn´t LOS. Finally I shot against a destroyed T-34 close to my objective; it blew up again and the explosion destroyed the alive T-34 too! . In Battle of Berlin it`s usual that mortar made exploit mines (explosive fences?) and then they destroyed other objectives (infantry and tanks).

Close Combat offer a lot of unexpected possibilities Rolling Eyes

(sorry for my english)

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A Avre can catch any tank, hevay, medium or super heavy by indirect fire at some meters of his target.
When i mean an indirect, i mean some firing around 10 meters of his target.
Whatever is the opponent units, the Avre is very helpfull when he still hidden; protected in a none opponent los and when he get a los around 20 meters of his target.
I destroyed 2 Tanks, positioning side by side in a one Avre shot closing of their position ( tank was 2 Panther Laughing )
The Avre in fact is the better Allied tanks for any attack or defend system. But u may to still aware of the battlefields, about the opponent AT units, cos his range is very short, 90 Meters ...
But a lot of map give to the Avre the way for use his special ability efficasly.
U can be sure, if you aiming and firing side of any inftry units ( between 10 and 20 meters) whatever are theire covert (in a house ...) u will be murdered.
About the enemy tank any firing will not dommage the vehicles but u can be sure at 80% than a Avre attack against a Tank will get great chance to dommage it at least.

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:14 pm Post subject: i think Reply with quote

7.5cm v 19cm, i know who to bet on at 30/40M range.....

AVRE.

its one of my favourite indirect killers, was is gjs43 that had the 60M max range, but Indirect fire? that was my favorite.

my alltime favourite tank in any close combat was...

read my next post....

espree de corp

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

Jump to: