Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
hiddentiger45

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:00 pm Post subject: Ishaqi massacre Reply with quote

Let me start of by saying that never being in combat myself,i understand that when a buddy gets blown away i think that the "R.O.E"go out the window in some cases(happened in WW2,Nam,ect ect)
But after learning that Bush found out about this in March and only comented on it after questioned by a reporter the other day is disturbing
If the reports are accurate,it was murder execution style by US troops,house by house,women and children...makes me sick to the stomach!
We are one step away from becoming "storm troopers"with Bush being the evil emperor and Rumsfeld Vader.
Sad

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_Warrior,,00.html

Montieth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm new here but this is odd to see in a Military forum.

1. The president is the commander in Chief. Sure he probably gets briefed on these sorts of things, but there's a Military Justice system in place and you bet your left ass cheek that this stuff gets investigated and where wrong doing is found it gets prosecuted. It's not his place to comment on the situation until it's been adjudicated. I hope you don't think that soldiers should NOT be given a trial before they're convicted? I won't hold my breath for our foes to take the time to prosecute their own for their breaches of war crimes. Mad

The G2 I have is that the troops in theatre in the sandbox are in fact very cautious about what they do insofar as fire at the enemy. One friend who I saw back on her leave says that they patrol in their HMMWVs and use baseball bats to knock rocks (and the odd grenade) back at the insurgents and knuckle-heads that throw them at them. That's first hand from a friend that's there.

(In WWII when things were UTTERLY CLEAR, no-one would have had a press conference and mass demonstrations about some German teens who were stupid enough to throw rocks or grenades and got shot for their troubles by some dogfaces. )

I've heard similar things from other sources that are direct from the front and not filtered. The ROE are VERY tight and very constraining on our guys. Read as Some Americans and Allies are dying in order to try NOT to kill non-combatants. Stick that in your Evil Empire pie ok?

PS, now that Former SecDef Rumsfeld has resigned, how's that make your Evil Cabal look? Here's a hint, at the end of his term, Bush will leave office like every other president before him. Lets see the real evil dictators do that ok?

AFV Collector/Re-enactor
'42 Daimler Dingo
'43 Humber Mk IV Armoured Car
'60 Daimler Ferret

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: