Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1257
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:46 am Post subject: To all Australians and New Zealanders Reply with quote

just a heads up this month on foxtel on 16th August
their is a re-enactment story on the battle of long tan which happened in Vietnam.
i dont have Fox but have already gone to a friends house to set up their fox recording programme. Smile
its guaranteed to be a good watch.
with in depth interviews by the guys who were there.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Badger-Bag

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we have the same thing here in New Zealand. Ours is on Sky tv, on the history channel, but it is sux of one and half a dozen of the other Smile

Should be interesting because its production and direction was all Kiwi/Aussie people, so we might get a little more STORY, and less theatrics than if it was helmed by our friendly cousins, the Seppos.

( No offence, of course. Wink )

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war

My first Seco when I joined the Army was a LongTan vet and the bloke who put me thru basic was part of the relief, 3 Cav gunner.
Awesome to hear and to work with those who were actually there.
Had a beer last ANZAC Day with CPL Mick Goodwin my first Seco, The other bloke who's name escapes me at present passed on a few months ago, great bloke tho, SGT .......Adams if I recall right, ah well, we are all getting old I suppose.

MajorMac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:13 am Post subject: To all Australians and New Zealanders Reply with quote

Bob (Bear) Buick who was the PL SGT of 10PL (I think) D Coy 6RAR at Long Tan came to RMC as a DS on annual field training in 1979 and I can still clearly remember him bellowing out a massive bollocking to my company during the debrief of a attack that we had put in. He was one of a number of heroes we had come through the place during my time there. It was not really until later that we appreciated who these guys were and what they had done and why they always wanted our shell scrapes deeper and our arses down lower as we fought through positions. I found out this morning from a medals dealer I know that one of the better 'teachers' of that cohort had passed away a couple of years ago. Seems to be the way with that 'vintage', that many are not living as long as the returned WWII guys.

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac.

It's funny that the basis for years of training for grunts was based on Malaya and SE Asia. I can still remember well into the late 80's on Sub II for SGT sitting in a bush classroom in Singo getting lectured by some crusty old WO1 in starched Lightweight greens and real shiny boots!! on the basics of jungle warfare in SE Asia. Every lesson was punctuated with yarns and actuals, first hand or recounted, it was amazing to hear names of blokes I had served with in the RAR.
Every training year we would cycle from the J back to conventional warfare, but, you know about all that stuff anyway!
No such thing as conventional anymore is there. The J has been handed back to the greenies and why patrol on foot when you got a comfy AFV, Bushranger/6x6 or even a truck or two!! Luxury.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:54 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

reminder its on tonight!

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Slap_Jack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't suppose you taped a copy of it...? Don't have Foxtel and I don't think Prime or Ten will be showing it any time soon. Razz

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:25 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

yer i did was a world premiere!

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

For all us working class blokes who cant afford cable like those rich property magnates up north......(meaning, too cheap!)

Try Saturday afternoon at 4pm, channel 9 - "Eye of the Tiger - Diary of a Dirty War"

It's the 40th anniversary of the battle so the doco's are all showing.

Badger-Bag

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:23 am Post subject: LordforWar = A Toff?. Reply with quote

lol. Hear that M'lord, you have been elevated to the Peerage !.

Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: