Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Colossos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:51 am Post subject: Tactical hints Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a few tactical questions/problems:

1. I suppress an enemy with 2 teams and than I assault with another team. But whenever the assaulting team (move fast command) gets close to the enemy they get mown down and I lose an entire team! What am I doing wrong?? Smoke doesnt help either.

2. I 'm going to take out a tank with my bazooka team but whenever this team gets a clear line of sight , so does the enemy tank and KABOEM my team is wiped out before they can fire a rocket. How do you take out tanks?

3. If you fire at an area (yellow dot, not the red dot) is it possible to kill soldiers? When do you use the fire area command? Suppression doesnt seem to work for me (see first point).

4. When do you use the Move command and when the Move Fast command?

5. Sometimes I have 4 teams firing at an enemy for like 5 minutes and they still havent killed it! What a waste of ammo. And assaulting is pure suicide.

Thx,
Colossos

TAIP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What direction are you coming at them from? What happens when you use the Move Fast command is that they run in to bayonet. Being suppressed means the enemy can't aim well, but it's not that hard to hit targets running at you while on your belly. Try a simple Move command and shoot at them from a different direction. If you did everything right, there's always a random factor with acts of courage. I'm surprised the smoke didn't help.

2. You can try distracting the tank with another team. Also keep your AT teams hidden - tanks aren't good at spotting, but nearby infantry are. Smoke also helps. The main way to deal with tanks is to snipe them with the rockets, not to rush them with bazookas.

3. Yellow dot indicates 30-50% chance of doing damage, so it's very possible. Fire area when you know the enemy is there, can't see them but want to suppress them. Being suppressed simply means they don't shoot as well, and reduces movement.

4. Move Fast is running. Move is advance quickly but cautiously. Move Fast when you want to bayonet, Move when you want to shoot it out. Move Fast only when you have good cover - it's so easy to die.

5. What colour is the circle? What kind of assault are you trying? You should be trying to flank them - go in from 90 degrees. They can take cover from one angle, but it's harder to cover their flank while suppressed.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Hmm...I think you should spend some time reading Panzertruppen's Field Commander's Tactical Handbook.

Have fun! The strat guide's really well written...kudos to Pzt_Cobalth and the Panzertruppen Clan!
PS: I hope the link I posted above is the latest version of the strat guide.

Pied

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Idea Hmm...I think you should spend some time reading Panzertruppen's Field Commander's Tactical Handbook.

Have fun! The strat guide's really well written...kudos to Pzt_Cobalth and the Panzertruppen Clan!
PS: I hope the link I posted above is the latest version of the strat guide.

god i cant open this url

can u repost it here? thx~

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:34 am Post subject: Tactical hints... Reply with quote

- When telling a unit to move fast, save time by telling them to move fast to a point 20m away, then scroll to where you want them to go and change thier orders. Shaves off seconds when they count.

- In the force selection phase do not choose teams where the commander have the support weapon.

- Take mortar teams where 3/4 of the men have a rank on thier shoulder.

- Make sure the gunners on your ATGs and tanks have atleast the rank of private.

- When you see an enemy tank firing at infantry, engage it with your tank. The enemy tank will only be able to fire 1 HE and 1 AT in the same time (approx) it takes your tank to fire 2 AP.

- Keep a command team near your mortars, and dont fire all your mortars at the start of the game. It gives away how many teams your using as support.

- Number your mortars for fast and easy commands.

- Mortar known approaches at the start of the game.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Colossos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx all for the replies: some very interesting tips! Also the site Panzertruppen site is very good and I definetely recommend it to everyone.

Colossos

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pied. Here's that link again: www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/Cob1GJSstrat.html

jagd_jar1

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:32 pm Post subject: ranks Reply with quote

Hmmm.. I've been playing this game a while and never really bothered looking at ranks right out of the force pool.
Learn something new.....
Nice guide PZTers

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:12 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

id pick Morale over rank anyday

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately, I have started to selectively target vehicles with my ATGs. For example, if a pz4 is in full view of a 17pdr for 10 minutes, but I know theres a Tiger around somewhere, I wont shoot. I'll try and get the Tiger 1st before I show my position to both tanks.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Astonvallio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:32 pm Post subject: Re: Tactical hints... Reply with quote

[quote="mooxe"]-

- In the force selection phase do not choose teams where the commander have the support weapon. ----> mmh i do not have understood this....

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Tactical hints Reply with quote

Colossos wrote:
Hi,
I have a few tactical questions/problems:

1. I suppress an enemy with 2 teams and than I assault with another team. But whenever the assaulting team (move fast command) gets close to the enemy they get mown down and I lose an entire team! What am I doing wrong?? Smoke doesnt help either.

2. I 'm going to take out a tank with my bazooka team but whenever this team gets a clear line of sight , so does the enemy tank and KABOEM my team is wiped out before they can fire a rocket. How do you take out tanks?

3. If you fire at an area (yellow dot, not the red dot) is it possible to kill soldiers? When do you use the fire area command? Suppression doesnt seem to work for me (see first point).

4. When do you use the Move command and when the Move Fast command?

5. Sometimes I have 4 teams firing at an enemy for like 5 minutes and they still havent killed it! What a waste of ammo. And assaulting is pure suicide.

Thx,
Colossos

1: When u assaulting u must try to combine move fast and fire command... Dont forget than a units runing can launch grenade what will suppres opponent or better kill somes. soldier suppresed can be back in order to fight at any time, then if you count about suppressing opponent with 1/2/or much teams firing with pistol and fusilen or Mg u may see enemis soldier taking ground and still able to fire the sec later.

2:first about zooka they can firng efficasly under 180Ms( whatever i see zooka destroying tank around 200Ms). secondly, your zooka is more powerfull when it aiming the side flank or rear of a tank. Be in upstair is better too. If you have to run a zooka to a specific position to aiming a tank be sure than no enemis infatry is around the position where yr zooka runing, be sure than u still hidden to your enemis eyes by sneaking or runing hidden by a house, a big hedge etc... Or your zooka will be detected before able to open fire.

3 : "indirect fire" is working especially when u use explosiv ammo. Grenade fusilen, piat, grenade, zooka, AT gun, AI gun, etc.... But it can work to suppress or more rare to kill enemis when u using normal bullet ( pistol, mg, fusilen, etc..) but as it dont exploded u have to firing closer to the opponents. firing at 30ms from enemis position will not work.

4: Move fast command is more good to be used when u run, protected from the enemis los by house, tree, big hedge, hill ... cos when u order to move fast, your teams will not take ground if they are under bomb or weapon attack. If u use the move command, your teams in complete will take ground if one of their soldier are under attack. they will sneak for some meters and will stand up again to run again... If attack still they will continue sneaking as far as they are under attack. Keep in mind than when u use move fast command, the teams running will be under fatigue status as long as they run. even, they will use less good their aiming capacity.

5:sometimes some protection work really good. Firing with 10 Mg against a inftry yeam protected in a bunker or stone house can be only a waste of ammo in this case try to move closer of the bunker or house, try to change line of firing ( u were firing from straight, try to move a little more on the right or the left)
you are welcome Wink

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: Tactical hints... Reply with quote

[quote="Astonvallio"]
mooxe wrote:
-

- In the force selection phase do not choose teams where the commander have the support weapon. ----> mmh i do not have understood this....

In my opinion, when the commander has the support weapon it can hamper movement of the squad. Typically whoever is carrying the support weapon is the last one to arrive at a targeted movement location because the support weapon tends to be heavier and induces fatigue more rapidly. This can be problematic when the commander has it because the squad keeps losing contact with the commander and then either stops or retreats back to him so that he can keep up. Not a good situation if you are attempting an assault or moving over a long distance. Not sure if there are other reasons.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: