Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1227
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd,

Yes battles Embarassed

Thx for the info and explenation. Smile

fenderbender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:27 pm Post subject: Still in trouble Reply with quote

Senior_Drill

I've followed your instructions to the end but now its a new error mess...

Please heeelp Sad [/img]

jagd_jar1

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:44 pm Post subject: cc Reply with quote

Fender ,
Did you get that error after a completly
new instal of CCV (no new maps or old files/folders of any kind remaining and after using win explorer to make sure no folders were left whatsoever in your hard drive)
> then fresh patch install directed to hard drive and installed to CCV when it says choose directory>
>then adding new maps to new created map folder
> uncheck read only
> all new config manager - just Meuse installed > play?

Senior Drill thanks for the walk through on the registry edit I have always been intimidated by mucking around in there after I learned a previous lesson (or 6 ) the hard way b4 system restore days

fenderbender

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i have!!!

I've done it all, over and over again. But it still wont work. It's as if the install.txt file isnt quite right, I don't no....

So I've given up trying to play, what I've heard, the fantastic mod Meuse.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

fenderbender,

That error can only occur for 1 of 2 possible reasons;

1) the filename GENames.txt does not exist in the configuration manager "System\Packages\Meuse_v33_Full" directory

2) the filename GENames.txt is in the destination directory

For #1 the configuration has on occasion not properly unpacked a .pln file. So as Senior stated check and make sure you have all the files in the configuration manager "System\Packages\Meuse_v33_Full" directory. The plugin files are just renamed zip files and can be opened after you rename them to .zip.

For #2 if the filename already or still exists it means the configuration manager did not rename the original file to the .pkp backup copy. This could happen if the .pkp file exists already.

Just to be safe make sure you have version 1.3 of the Configuration manager.

Also make sure if you get an error during an install or uninstall that you reinstall CC5 completely as it will almost always result in an error running the Configuration manager again and you'll be lucky if Close Combat runs.

Last edited by Tejszd on Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior Drill,

I notice you have a configuration manager for RTB and CCM, I don't remember anyone posting a note about those being available for download???

fenderbender

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd

I've checked out the install.txt file in the Meuse package file, and it's as if it is not complete. I added a command to get the config manager to copy the dll file. And then it worked properly, but then the problem with genames started....

Look at this...

Are the lines by the arrows supposed to be emty?????

When i added the lina as followed the install worked, but then it stacked up with the genames file....

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

fenderbender,

Based on your picture and you saying that adding the copy to filename fixed CCResourceDLL.DLL I would edit the install.txt and uninstal.txt to have the destination filenames.

I don't know why your system must have the destination filename as Meuse v3.2 was downloaded over 3100 times and v3.3 over 500 time from CSO alone and nobody has posted on this problem....

fenderbender

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd

I know, it's FUBAR
My computer is handcranked, you know like an very old T-ford or something like that.
I'm gonna get mi self a new one after the hollidays. Then we'll see if it will work....

Thanks for the help and effort....
Very Happy

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote:
Senior Drill,

I notice you have a configuration manager for RTB and CCM, I don't remember anyone posting a note about those being available for download???

Yeah. I was wondering if anyone would notice. They are just small hacks of CfgIV and CfgV13 that I made a few months ago. I didn't feel comfortable with posting them as they are hacks of Zeppo9's work. I did share them with a few people and schrecken has now posted the one for CCM. Since that is now outed, I put the one for RtB up in the same thread at CSO. It and the whys and wherefores are in this thread: http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showpost.php?p=47248&postcount=5.

I'm still not comfortable with modifing someone elses intellectual property without their permission, but maybe now Zeppo9 will learn of these two configuration managers and come back with real versions. I certainly hope so and publicly apologize for hacking his works, but several people have tried to contact him in the past couple of months about this to no avail.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote:

I'm still not comfortable with modifing someone elses intellectual property without their permission

Personally I see nothing wrong with what you've done. You're not doing it for any personal financial gain and you've given full credit to the original maker. After all, we dont ask KZ for permission before creating a new mod do we?

I say "Good Job"

Grunt

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhmm. Yeah. Nobody asked KZ, but the accepted Code of modders is to ask other modders to use their work, or at least acknowledge it.

I am also not very satisfied with the Config Mgr for CCM. It is based on the CC4 version because the registry entry for CCM is 4 bytes too long to fit in the space available in the CC5 version. Adding the 4 extra bytes shifts the offsets for everything below that point and causes it to crash.

Therefore the Config Mgr for CCM does not have the map renaming feature that CC5 does. Renaming the map files in CCM is a very important feature due to the size of the files. Plugins for CCM will be much smaller and quicker to install if we don't have to mess with transfering map files between folders.

If someone knows how to insert new functions into assembled code, then there may be a way to get the CC5 version to work for CCM.

At the point in the program where it does a CALL (I think, but don't know if that is right) to the text of the CCM registry, instead of the text, it is instructed to look at an offset farther down (another CALL?) in an area that has several blank lines. Here it would find the text, complete the instruction and return to complete the program.

Or something like that.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: