Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:00 am Post subject: Overlord lol Reply with quote

this is a redone of blackdevils. The blackdevils team has been removed. Some sounds have been changed. Allied and german BGs have been changed to be more historically accurate. the germans may be closer to historically accurate but the allied have 17 pounders coming out there ass and rare AVF on mass.what happen to the same old sherman fighing its way in land. fireflys, avre,17 pounders,centaurs,achilles were not that common but in this game they are all over the place tiger or panther look out run for the bloody hills in fact!! guys take a step back.

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

i wont totally agree, but to some extent i have to, game play is lopsided to allies, but i believe thats the purpose.
play as germans against the IA.
i cant play this mod H2H,sends me batty!

espree de corp

aikmen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like overlord. I have been playing through as allies on a public GC; allies seem to get really strongly offensive units in the beginning then the later BG’s seem to lack the 'punch' of crocs and AVRES. I would post pictures of my gc I knew how to upload them!

As of June 14th I have a line running from Ranville and bois du baven up through the bridge, then over to Caen extending through the airport then tourville and finally village bocage, entrapping 5 German that I can see including 2 panther units. The line is being held by weak and cut off bgs that have been on the front since landing and they could be broken if the Germans have any available decent supplied units.

I think this is a result of a poor GC; most 'public' players are very aggressive. I am very interested in completing a GC as the Germans. The fact is that basically no allied unit can advance against a panther division in a reasonably open map without suffering atrocious casualties in men and material.

I have not tried this out yet but I think playing a public GC as Germans you would get an excellent game

Aikmen.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

aikmen wrote:
I really like overlord. I have been playing through as allies on a public GC; allies seem to get really strongly offensive units in the beginning then the later BG’s seem to lack the 'punch' of crocs and AVRES. I would post pictures of my gc I knew how to upload them!

As of June 14th I have a line running from Ranville and bois du baven up through the bridge, then over to Caen extending through the airport then tourville and finally village bocage, entrapping 5 German that I can see including 2 panther units. The line is being held by weak and cut off bgs that have been on the front since landing and they could be broken if the Germans have any available decent supplied units.

I think this is a result of a poor GC; most 'public' players are very aggressive. I am very interested in completing a GC as the Germans. The fact is that basically no allied unit can advance against a panther division in a reasonably open map without suffering atrocious casualties in men and material.

I have not tried this out yet but I think playing a public GC as Germans you would get an excellent game

Aikmen.
i am just a little frayed at the edges and i dont give up on the idear that the germans would put up a great fight. as the german starts the campain he has very weak AT mostly 50mm and the allied on the other hand have very strong amour churchills and so on..not a fan of what i have seen is all.

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

aikmen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree with you whole heartily; the first few days allies walk all over the German BG's; no question. Dday plus 3 though if Germans play really smart and counterattack very little they could form a line and hold the allies the rest of the GC with a line running from Bayeux to Caen; below Caen can hold a very long time.

At my present rate my Allied GC will take another 4 months Smile so I will not test this thoery untill that is finished. But the challenge is on; I dare anyone to start a Public GC as the jerries; if u can handle being stomped on for a few days I believe you will find the resources to actually win.

Aikmen.

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

the first wave of allied BGs are strong, and the german BGs on the beaches and at the batteries and bridges are weaker. but that is done on purpose. if the allies push on day 1 of a gc, they might take their objectives within the first day or 2. the germans need to bring their powerful BGs into postion to stop the allied advance. which is the basic situation of what took place during the invasion of Normandy. if Germans are played really well, they should be able to do more than stop the allies, but begin pushing them back, with the tigers and panthers.

also, this mod was not intended, and is not a "fantasy" version of gjs44(imho). its main goal was to create a way for the allies to get off the beaches in the first day or 2, and move fast to get ground before running into the strong panzer divisions.

Cpt_JB_Mac

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: