Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:41 pm Post subject: Insurgent Activities Reply with quote

Since its not covered much I am wondering what these guys are doing against NATO forces. More than just your regular guerilla warfare. They have to defend themselves against all manner of intelligence like electronic survellience, night/thermal vision, better weapons, higher numbers. How do they cope?

Has anyone come across a blog, forum, or even a book by these fighters that talk about day to day fighting, thats not total propaganda. I think that would be very interesting to read.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

God4Saken

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day Mooxe, with regards to this subject, I think that even if you were able to find an on-line blog or forum, it would be very difficult to verify that it was actually genuine. Any idiot anywhere in the world could set one up, possibly even in the hope of distracting or mis-leading NATO intelligence gathering services. Plus, as almost all of these so-called insurgents come from non-English speaking countries, it is unlikely that they would converse on their blog in English (How's your Pashtu?) so translating could be a problem. Mind you, if there was a forum set up by Al Qaeda, it could go something like this...

Osama Biggus Dickus is logged on

Osama Biggus Dickus: Hey Zak, u there?

Howie Zawahiri: Yo dude, what sup?

Osama Biggus Dickus: nuffin much, just checking out what's happenin in your cave?

Howie Zawahiri: Got some cool ganja over here. I'm just finishin nother video to send to Barry at Al Jazeera, u no, normal stuff, muslims unite, attack the infidel unbelievers, death to america and all dat. What's happenin in your cave?

Osama Biggus Dickus: Aw man, I'm suffering. All my four mother's in law are dissing me about everything. Why dey gots to live in a cave, why is it always cold, why can't we go and live in a heated pad somewhere like der sons do. It's getting me down bro, dem bitches got no respect. Wished that instead of hiding out in Tora Bora, I should have hid out in Bora Bora.

Howie Zawahiri: Where da fuck is Bora bora? Near East Bagram?

Osama Biggus Dickus: No fool, it's in Tahiti dude. u no, pacific islands, sun, beaches and tanned naked bitches wearing grass skirts. I could have me some of that action. No more freezing mountain cave for me, and dem dumbass americans would never find me there, dey will still think I'm up here in these hills somewhere.

Howie Zawahiri: LOL

Osama Biggus Dickus: I tell ya bro, we's in the wrong place. Plus, dem frenchies who own the joint would keep the heat off us, dey hate bush more dan we do. Dat wanksta never find us there, We could be living in twat for rest of our lives.

Howie Zawahiri: LMAO I hear ya bro

Osama Biggus Dickus: yo later dude, mother in law callin me, wants me to take out trash can.

What do you reckon, you think Osama Bin Ladin and Ayman al-Zawahiri speak like that?

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

first, I think the recent change in tactics by Talebans is in fact only a message of strenght to both Western Powers and Muslim world as a whole, something like: 'Well, five years since 9/11 we are recovered and we are capable to launch a full scale war on western powers here in Afghanistan and perhaps else where, so your War on Terror is not going anywhere'.

or

second, if you are adept of some conspiracy theory (9/11 was an inside job and a pretext for 'War on Terror' wich should last for years acording to Bush statements), the new waves of Taleban attacks came as a justification for increasing budget for Armies (some NATO members accusing others for 'not doing enought' and more reinforcements dropped in Afghanistan and Iraq). Combine this with a video showing the Osama bin Laden meeting with suspected terrorist Ramzi Binalshibh released only now, at 9/11 five years commemoration.

in any cases, the ultimate price is paid by the ordinay peoples, soldiers and civillians alike on both sides, victims in fact of ideologies or cruel interest groups

hmmm ...

www.mihaisurdea.com

Heeresarmee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

big *LOL* @god4saken Razz

However you have a valid point. If a regular joe can find a message board where terrorist are exchanging tactics the CIA would have a much easier job hehe...

But hey, if you want to read something about the thoughts of a wanna-be terrorist check out the weblog of the president of Iran: http://www.ahmadinejad.ir/

Readable in French, Farsi, Arabic and English. Still, its the same bullsh*t, no matter what language you read it.

Have fun!

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However you have a valid point. If a regular joe can find a message board where terrorist are exchanging tactics the CIA would have a much easier job hehe...

Information or actual accounts are on the net somewhere, it has to be. I mean these guys are fighting a war to, and naturally they will have stories to tell. They do have alot of non english websites, and they video tape alot to it seems. Theres no shortage of stories or tactic manuals from any NATO country online.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

pibzedog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You should check this site
it's fairly accurate, balanced, well informed
http://www.siteinstitute.org/

Heeresarmee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Information or actual accounts are on the net somewhere, it has to be. I mean these guys are fighting a war to, and naturally they will have stories to tell. They do have alot of non english websites, and they video tape alot to it seems. Theres no shortage of stories or tactic manuals from any NATO country online.

Yes and everytime Al Jazeera "magically" gets those tapes and shows them. You are right about all the NATO info, sadly it`s not only that info available, every one able to use Google can find out "how to build a homemade bomb in 3 easy steps".

Sure Internet is a gift and i can`t imagine living without it, but all that knowledge on the Net has a flipside aswell...[/quote]

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: