Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1271
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
alanf85

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:59 pm Post subject: Soviet AI problem Reply with quote

Hi

I installed the RealRed mod and loaded the Grand Campaign as the Germans. To my frustration I have found the Soviet AI to be awfull Rolling Eyes when attacking. Their units are strewn out all over the place leaving them isolated and easy to pick off. There armour is even worse often not having infantry support. Also the tanks seem to get lost and confused all the time. On many occasions they have had heavy tanks and T 34's right in front of my light infantry poised for a breakthough only for them to turn around and go wandering up and down the map making no progress at all.

Secondly it takes forever for them to mount any sort of an attack. I can wait ten minutes and nothing happens until one lonely infrantry group or tank fumbles along. It is then easily destroyed and I have to wait another five minutes for the next one which after it's destruction the Ai wants a truce even though there are heavy tanks wandering aimlessly around on there side, far away from the "front" Also my troops go off on there own sometimes and it is very frustrating.

Is there any way to fix these problems cause they are ruining a great game. Sad .

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:32 pm Post subject: rsr Reply with quote

to effectively use the AI in any mod you need some rules to help.

firstly, the AI is stupid as hell, you must always attack.

1)try some 'tack' rules:
only 1 type of any armour(1 leopard body tank, 1 armoured car, 1 karl gustov 84mm, 1 mg3 HMG team...and so on....almost evert BG has 15 to 20 different teams to choose from)

2) settings:
you on ELITE, AI on RECRUITE.
you on 100%
AI has 'see enemy', 'always have enemy info','always obay orders' this was soon as game start you have artillery, morters landing on your precious guns, AT and mg infantry no matter where there hiding, and the AI looks for you!

3) ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. BONZAI CHARGE the AI, see how many u can win! when you get to play H2H you will know each units ability, and fight better(but dont charge then...running often leads to death)

espree de corp

alanf85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll try out your tips. Any idea why my troops go walk about. Rolling Eyes

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:54 am Post subject: yes Reply with quote

yes if you have 100%, the soldiers have 'initiative' which means id they feel like walking off to fight, they will,about 7/9 minutes they do this.

simple 'turn off initiative' by unselecting.

also you the human(not klingon), must have 95%, and the AI 60%(see enemy at least)

most H2H play on gamespy turn initiative OFF, NOBODY HAS SEE ENEMY,DONT EVEN TRY IT,unless training and opponent knows.

espree de corp

alanf85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

If I turn off initiative will the soldiers still seek cover on there own and surrender or rout. In other words will they become lemmings blindly following my orders.

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:18 am Post subject: um Reply with quote

how would you feel , being ordered to attack a bld bristeling with mausers and mg42's?

yes some cower, some go bezerke, some follow the order, and often die...those who survive then go, 'fuck this shit'...

cc is supposed to be semi realistic!

if u want ubermen, click on 'obey orders'
turn off initiative.

then why play?

espree de corp

alanf85

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you misunderstood me.

I asked how to stop my men from going walkabout. You said I should turn off initiative. I then asked if that would turn my men into "uberman" which is NOT what I want.

What I'm trying to say is that I want my men to stop walking about but still to behave realisticly in a battle. Will turning off initiative achieve this.

I apologise for any confusion.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...walking about IS realistic...troops sometimes will do this in real life battles Smile .
If you have good leaders (command team) near your men...they won't walk about by themselves...if you leave a squad on guard duty on their own...away from their parent unit and without any leaders...they'll walk about trying to pick a fight (or run away from a fight). This behaviour IS realistic right?

alanf85

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is. But I don't want to have to see a team move from a position I placed them in. Especially when they have been told to ambush, this is frustrating and I don't enjoy it personaly. When I said battle I ment in a firefight not some MG team on the side of the map. I want the men in the firefight to behave realisticly but men in far away positions to stay put.

It is a personal preferance of mine and I was wondering if it was possible.

Why do you have to be so derogatory.It was just a question Rolling Eyes . Is this how you treat newcomers or is it just me. Crying or Very sad

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...have you tried deploying a command team near the team you placed on ambush? I doubt that they'll wander off if leaders are in close proximity to their position. Even green/inexperienced teams perform much better when near leaders.

alanf85 wrote:
Yeah it is. But I don't want to have to see a team move from a position I placed them in. Especially when they have been told to ambush, this is frustrating and I don't enjoy it personaly. When I said battle I ment in a firefight not some MG team on the side of the map. I want the men in the firefight to behave realisticly but men in far away positions to stay put.

It is a personal preferance of mine and I was wondering if it was possible.

Why do you have to be so derogatory.It was just a question Rolling Eyes . Is this how you treat newcomers or is it just me. Crying or Very sad

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

Jump to: