Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1262
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Titan79

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:32 am Post subject: SS tank crews: wrong ranks Reply with quote

Hi all,

as you've surely noticed, SS troops have different ranks than regular german army; this is true for SS infantry and other SS units. The SS tank crews, however, don't show the correct SS ranks (which are the same of the army tank crews): do you know if there's a way to edit/fix this...?
Of course, I'm referring to the rank graphics.

Thanks a lot in advance!

EDIT: here's an image that explains the problem: SS Panthers crews with regular army ranks instead of SS ranks (as the SS Sturmgrenadiere).

CC3 ranks.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.71 KB
 Viewed:  8201 Time(s)

CC3 ranks.jpg

Last edited by Titan79 on Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:24 pm Post subject: ranks Reply with quote

Hi Titan79,

in CC3? Maybe the same error inside CC4/5 ?

Titan79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! (well, I guess so: I played CC4 only for a brief time long ago, so I don't remember) Anyway, yes, I'm referring to CC3; sorry for being not clear.

It could be exactly the same problem: the SS ranks shown (for tank crews: infantry are OK) are not SS but regular army. Do you know how this can be solved?
Thanks!

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:44 am Post subject: ??? Requisition style Reply with quote

Hi Titan,

I used QClone to look into CC3's data files. File GETeams shows identical values for tanks of Wehrmacht and SS inside the column requisition style and SAI unit. Not sure if changing the style value would help. I think we need help from an experienced CC3 modder...

Titan79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thanks for taking care of it, Mafi.

Secondly: yes, it seems like we need some expert to tell us what's the deal with those "messed-up" ranks... that's why I've PMed Waldganger for info (he's done a somewhat similar mod for CC5 Kursk - take a look here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2767  ); maybe he'll know...

I'm waiting and hoping - it would really be a nice thing to have all SS units displaying their correct ranks.

Korps

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:18 am Post subject: Re: SS tank crews: wrong ranks Reply with quote

A fix for this ever found?  Even the teams that do show up as SS don't show up as SS in the Soldier Display while playing either, they show up with Heer ranks.  It's driving me crazy!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:53 am Post subject: Re: SS tank crews: wrong ranks Reply with quote

yes... for Wacht am Rhein , tLD and LSA this has been fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:16 am Post subject: Re: SS tank crews: wrong ranks Reply with quote

To get a real fix to this, you probably DO need to go to one of the re-releases.

In CCMT, and I suspect in CC3/COI as well, each team member (or soldier) is assigned a Soldier Type classification in their respective team data file.

In CC3, these values range from 0-5. You can see what these equate to by looking at the Reference Tables in the COI worksheet.

That being said, the final text for given ranks are usually held in the CCResource.dll file, which I know exist for CC4/CC5/RTB/CCMT, and I suspect exists for CC3/COI as well.

I assume the program (CC3/COI) translates the numerical values in the teams data file into text by using what is contained in the mentioned DLL file.

The picture references for ranks are of course, held in the gadget files, one set in each for SCRN and GAME gadgets. Sometimes these are not synchronized, and in the case of CC4/CC5/CCMT, etc., you can only have one set of ranks per nationality.

So to have Wermacht and SS ranks, SS might have to be set up as a different nation. This is done in CC5 and maybe in CC4 as well. I am not sure if CC3 supports more nations than Russia and Germany, but the usual set of nations are listed in the reference sheet again for COI, so I suspect CC3 might support them.

If SS tankers have different rank insignia than say Wermacht, or Wermacht tankers, each (new or different) set of insignia must be assigned to a different nation.

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:37 am Post subject: Re: SS tank crews: wrong ranks Reply with quote

G'day all
Titan79 wrote (View Post):
as you've surely noticed, SS troops have different ranks than regular german army; this is true for SS infantry and other SS units. The SS tank crews, however, don't show the correct SS ranks (which are the same of the army tank crews): do you know if there's a way to edit/fix this...?
Yes, it annoyed me also that the SS tank crews dispayed Wehrmacht ranks.
Mafi wrote (View Post):
I think we need help from an experienced CC3 modder...
In my CC3 DOF mods the SS tank crews have the SS rank graphics  (FIG JAM).  Razz   Wink

This came at a cost though, i had to change their uniform Graphic code from SS Armor (14) to SS infantry (1) in column [J].
So the SS tank crews do not have their usual black uniforms, but wear the Infantry camo smocks instead.

This was the only solution i could find. The choice was correct rank insignia, or correct uniforms.

Considerring you dont often see them out of their tanks, i opted for correct rank insignia as it is visible more often.

So there you have it, the rank insignia are attached to the uniform coding in the cc3 exe.
Similarly the Russian Desant troops have different rank insignia from the other Russian troops attached to their uniform coding

Funny thing i noticed was that when u add the SS infantry coding, the unit RP value increases by about 10%.

For example, if you create 2 identical infantry teams (A & B), but code team A as Wehrmacht inf (or Fallischirm) and code team B as SS inf, then, if the team A costs 20 RP, then team B will cost 22 RP.

Well, i could spew up more info on this topic, but i am tired, so,.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheers

AGS

_____

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Korps

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:39 pm Post subject: Re: SS tank crews: wrong ranks Reply with quote

Thanks AGS, nice little trick changing 14 to 1.  That fixes the deployment, and debreif screen ranks.  Now if I can only figure out how to change the soldier display (lower right hand box) while playing.  And thanks Stwa that Workbook is very handy to see what everything does. I looked at the CCRsrc.dll file (right file?)with a hex editor, and that might be a little over my head.  If I can't make the changes I want using the .txt files, I'll need more help.

BTW:  I'm playing the CoI version if that helps.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

Jump to: