Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1270
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
P_Fun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:47 am Post subject: Ardennes Mod for CC5 - Campaigns and Ops crash game. Reply with quote

I have recently discovered this wonderful site and community. I love CC5 and I've just started to dabble with the mods available. I have already made GJS work and I tried out the Ardennes. It all works perfectly except everytime I go to play a campaign or operation it can't load any of them and instead crashes me to the desktop.

It should be noted that I have used the manual install option rather than the direct plug in way. I also have a more convenient way of installing the files with a special mod installer I have from using anotehr game.

When I unizpped the plug in files I followed the Install.txt file to the letter. I didn't have any left over files and the game works fine if I play a battle by itself.

In attempting to fix this I have tried both the standard Ardennes mod and the VetBoB one. Both yield the same result.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You need 43 maps from original CC4, without them game crash.

If you have them on your hard disk and game crash probably you have forgot install some file.

Sorry but with a manual install without plugin manager I can not give you a full support.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

P_Fun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that fact but the thing is that the battles themselves work fine. It's when I load up a campaign or operation that it crashes. This leads me to believe that it isn't amissing map file so much as it's something missing in the files which are responsible for the Campaign or Operation GUI which shows up before you enter a battle.

I can't think of another reason for that kind of screw up. The other thing is that I know it isn't the campaigns themselves because I created one with the create scenario screen and it also crashed.

I might also add that I installed Winter War and it also has the same problem only this time the battles don't work either. I've already re-downlaoded all the map files and extracted them to the folder again and re-unzipped the plugin file and got it all into the correct folders as it is described in the install file.

EDIT. Okay I got the VetBoB Ardennes mod to work properly. The Campaigns and Operations now function properly. I managed to do this by using the plug in system and a cd image of CC5. It took some work to figure it out but it works perfectly now. However strangely the same thing didn't work for the Winter War mod.

I might add that I find the Plug in system you guys have adopted for mods very annoying. The idea is good but I find the program which activates them to be rather restraining. Firstly it doesn't allow you to have multiuple installs of CC5 because it requires the game to be in a single folder destination and also if you happen to have deleted the original maps it says it can't install the new files because it can't remove the old ones.

I have a way I think is better that I came accross while playing a different game which has a thriving mod community. If anyone is interested in it I can gladly give it to you.

treffort

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My cc5 ardennes "wacht am rhein" GC (playing as the Germans) worked brilliantly until I came to the village of Chenogne. There the game crashes with the message that chenogne.txt cannot be found. The strange thing is that the strategic map shows no sector called Chenogne... Rolling Eyes

I installed a complete map pack, and I can't find a map called Chenogne in the individual maps section on this site. What could be the problem?

Suggestions anyone?

Grtz, Treffort

Kilroy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:39 am Post subject: Chenogne Reply with quote

I just found your post when doing a search on "Chenogne". My partner and I are having the same exact problem. Trying every solution we can think of. Will post a fix if we find one. All suggestions appreciated!

Kilroy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:59 pm Post subject: Problem Solved Reply with quote

The map pack is the problem, it has only 41 maps of 43, and adding them doesn't work for some reason. The easy fix is to download CC4mapspack.zip from the CC5 vetbob mod instead, it has all 43 maps. I re-assembled the mod from scratch to avoid any wierdness and it appears to be working just fine.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: