Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:44 am Post subject: just played both sides, initial comments: Reply with quote

Ive been playing CC for over 10 years, and love trying new mods!

this mod 'felt' like ccm series, i was continually trying to 'enbus' and looking for air support! i have tested the ccm4/5/raf/ct,and love how you made BIG ass maps fit into older ccIII engine!

had major problems at first with streaming, had to download the fix for it(CCS site FAQ), restart PC.(no the ctr/alt failed to work)

i noticed you had to cut it to the bone to make it 100 megs, maybe next version make it 500 megs, add all the ccm maps,make a video up etc...be awsome...(love the WWII units both side, amazing they still used 2lb/6lb/17lb/25lb guns, lee enfields/stens/piats! and T34/85,su76/su100/su152/JSIII,85mm and 122mm guns(both had new carriages fro WWII versions)

funny stuff i noticed:
1) yes i had the game crash on a custom op, can give details if wanted, but i think it was a vehicle exploding. was in first 2 mins with barrage. all 1948/56 units.
2) 122mm field gun fits in some small buildings! i dont think anything over 57mm/6lb should fit in those,the 122mm looked positively silly with half its undercourage sitting out the sides.
3) rifles fire at tanks! i had some silly bloke ping his ak47 at a sho't Mk7 centurian, u can guess the reply...hello mr crappy pants...
4) crew/drivers units fire personal weapons from vehicles, that is crew fire there ak47's while driving, way cool in movies, but a bit hard to try...
5) a arab heavy inf(flamer) fired some 30 HE hand grenades, it seemed unlimited...just kept throwing! gads there powerfull, ko'd a few my own guys!
6) the flamer(heavy inf arab) has 20 rds, but fired 2 rds per burst(but it was 1 shot)

man i love having requisition points after 3 years of CCV / CCM...just if we could put the cciv/ccv Grand Campaign into this mod it would rock!!!!!!

oh and the support/debussing/enbussing ;o) now im dreaming!(cc6 dreams)

espree de corp

Demiurg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:34 pm Post subject: Re: just played both sides, initial comments: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:
man i love having requisition points after 3 years of CCV / CCM...just if we could put the cciv/ccv Grand Campaign into this mod it would rock!!!!!!

Any problems with the big campaign! You can start MMCC - campaign in CC3VoT! It even is more interesting, than СС5! You will see a global map of all Middle-East. CC3VoT contains all necessary files.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:50 am Post subject: maybe ok Reply with quote

but why is it so hard to put cciv/ccv or even cc2 GC into cc3?

i just want a strat map into cc3 OR cc3 put into CCV, is it so hard? i would pay $100 usd for a faithfull cc3 RR0822 in CCV(but with stalingrad graphics)

its all i want....cc3 code/units/sounds in ccv sob sob.....

espree de corp

Arg0n

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: just played both sides, initial comments: Reply with quote

Hi guys! Demirug, grat mod man, nice work, nice work!

I just wanted to point out:
ANZAC_Tack wrote:

3) rifles fire at tanks! i had some silly bloke ping his ak47 at a sho't Mk7 centurian, u can guess the reply...hello mr crappy pants...

I didn't find it silly, in fact I find it cool when the infantry desperatley throws everything they have on those tank (In a hope to damage the sights, shake up the crew, and reduce the commander's awarness of the surroundings)
And well i kinda like the idea that they at least do something before they die, and not just sitting, moaning: the armour's too thick!

Anyways the mod is great, though i am more excited about the increase of the map size! This (along with MMCC3) is a revolution for CCIII. Keep up the good work!

Arg0n.

Demiurg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:02 am Post subject: Re: just played both sides, initial comments: Reply with quote

Arg0n wrote:
Hi guys! Demirug, grat mod man, nice work, nice work!

I just wanted to point out:
ANZAC_Tack wrote:

I didn't find it silly, in fact I find it cool when the infantry desperatley throws everything they have on those tank (In a hope to damage the sights, shake up the crew, and reduce the commander's awarness of the surroundings)
And well i kinda like the idea that they at least do something before they die, and not just sitting, moaning: the armour's too thick!

Anyways the mod is great, though i am more excited about the increase of the map size! This (along with MMCC3) is a revolution for CCIII. Keep up the good work!

Arg0n.

Thank Arg0n!
I shall try to not disappoint you! I am glad, that you like desperate infantry in my CC3VoT! I am glad, that you like the big maps. Unfortunately, I cannot use the big maps in MMCC campaign yet. At start MMCC with the big maps, there is a error...

Arg0n

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Demirug I figure you know something (more than me) about MMCC3 so could you help me about a problem. http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11227 see this is a link to my problem in MMCC3 so if you could help me about it I would be grateful. Me and my friend from Croatia have been trying to solve the problem but despite our knowledge and skill we were unsucsessful. If you need any help about the mod or something let me know and see how I can help.

Arg0n.

Vman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I just finished playing the map (it's only that 1 map, right?) and it was pretty fun.

Although I didn't particularly like THAT map, I really enjoyed the various units. I also loved the fact that you use Requisition to get troops. I'm new to CC and this is the first mod I've played, I'm guessing it's something new but I could be wrong, I only have CC5 at the moment.

I liked it, needs more maps though. Desert combat is fun Smile

pm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Very great mod. I hope that it will be a great campaign soon, from 1948 to 1982. It seems interesting to refit a Sherman unit with a Centurion, then a Merkava, and have to modernize its force with the requisitions points (not enough points = old units).

I enjoyed fighting on big maps, but it is difficult to capture all victory locations or force the enemy to retreat. So, I think that it will be more interesting to have a few number of victory locations, as objectives in a real mission. The purpose can be : capture the victory locations and obtain a truce with the enemy to win the battle. As in the Afrika mod for CCIII.

Sorry for my bad English, and I am impatient to have the complete version on my computer.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

Jump to: