Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
caribacey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:37 am Post subject: shooting range map Reply with quote

The bottom right of the shooting range map has some weird LOS. The elevation reads as 8m, dropping from right to left. However, the guns sight path goes red within 20m.

SA_Acey

Pzt-angus

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Wruff wrote:

ONE WAY ROAD: North Train Station to Dolgly Gully is a one way road. N. Train Station goes to Dolgly Gully, but Dolgly Gully doesn't path to N. Train Station.

Wruff is right!
I met the same problem the other day. And I find that the German troops can't go from Dolgly Gully to North Train Station, but the Russian can pass them without any problem.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:04 pm Post subject: 'Immobilized' but still moving Reply with quote

I found a 'bug' that's probably more CC5 inherent than the mod but the only time I noticed something like this was when playing CC5 Stalingrad 2 days ago. During an artillery bombardment on a group of enemy soviet tanks several of them were immobilized (displayed in the combat messages , and 1 crew injured). However, a command Gv T34 started to move again after nearly 10 minutes!
Anyone seen this before?

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i been playing cc since ever.
A friend of mine told me he couldn´t install Stalingrad Mod, now, i think he has an ilegal copy of the game or something like that, and i told him that the problem must be that.
Does somebody know if the mod runs in copies? because mayby the problem is somwere else.

Thanks

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan_Zaitzev wrote:
Hello, i been playing cc since ever.
A friend of mine told me he couldn´t install Stalingrad Mod, now, i think he has an ilegal copy of the game or something like that, and i told him that the problem must be that.
Does somebody know if the mod runs in copies? because mayby the problem is somwere else.

Thanks
you should not have a problem with a copy working the prob whould be how it is set up with your friend.

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

uruk-hai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It my first time post Wink

Dima wrote:
Dunno we didn't make training mod Crying or Very sad ... Very Happy
Po-2 is light bomber....anti-inf bombs.
LaGG-4 is fighter...1x20mm Autocannon and 2 12.7mm MGs.

LaGG-3 Dima not LaGG-4 Wink

Another types of armament used on LaGG fighters:
a) 1x20mm+2x7,62mm,
b)1x20mm+1x12,7mm
c)1x12,7+2x7,62mm

Another mistakes (not exactelly correct datas - IMO) I found here:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=94

Well:

Ok, not only 20mm (x2) but always + 2 SzKas 7,62mm. Not only anty-infantry 50kg bombs and usually 100kg bombs x2 or x4 but in these times 82mm rocket RS were not used. IL-2 did not have too much powered engine AM-38 to take off with rockets and bombs together in 1942 yea.r

Il-2 had 2x23mm VJ (AT) cannons but in few months in 1941/42 were lack of them (VJ) and an planes equiped with 2x20 mm SzVak cannons (knewn from Jaks and LaGGs fighters)

Another picture from Air Strikes Quide link:

2x20mm (FF-MG cannones) and x4 (not x2) machine guns 7,92mm

Me-110 from 41/42 years (like model E, similar to this one) could took 50 kg bombs (x4) on underwigs racks together with 2x250kg bombs (known from link)

In the picture Me-110 had cammo better known from ... night fighter versions (G). Because it is C/D/E/F DB-601 engines series Me-110 - what we can see - I tell you that never happened!
I see one more little crap: engine tube pipes used only on night fighter G-4 (and few "F" night '110 Messer) mission .... but not with this Me-110 version! Please take cammo greens from Hs, Ju or Me-109 two greys scheme - it's very typical on ground attack German plans...

Next one picture(s):

little incorrect data:

Ju-87B-2 like this one had 2x7,92mm forward mgs

Me-109E-4/7B like this one had 2x20mm FF cannons and 2x7,92mm mgs - not 3x7,92mm mgs

And finally Hs-129B.(B-1 I think) In those times this was really "big a-tank weapon": MK-101 30mm cannons had special a-tammo and Henschel could halt or/and destroy any soviet vehicles (including KV and T-34 tanks). I've written that Hs-129 was capable of carrying 50kg bombs but not only these SC50 bombs. It could carry two AB24 containers, each one with 24 of SD2 2 kg antipersonnel bombs.

Russian planes had red stars on upper surfaces. Sorry but it's one more mistake (IMHO). VVS didn't use red stars in those places then (end '42). Ok it happened at the begining of war. Red stars could be seen on upper surfaces on "I" old biplanes fighters for example, and generally on pre-war production airplanes but not over Stalingrad'42 VVS planes....

4 Russian planes had uppersurfaces red stars , 1 - maybe (U/Po-2)? But not every 4 types...

I've been watching closecombatseries Forum for years and many times I have wanted to write some things but my English ...

Forgive me, pls!

Last edited by uruk-hai on Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:17 am; edited 3 times in total

uruk-hai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

to trashcan Smile

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:02 am Post subject: Re: PzBefWg IIIH no main gun... Reply with quote

sargexmy wrote:
so i got to use the 14thPanzer Division/108th Regiment (RGT108/14thPD) in game. Going against that KV battle group actually (un lucky the regiment) oh well so I noticed that the tank leader panzer IIIH has only a coax MG.... is that bug?? or is that suppose to simulate those radio panzer IIIs that had a fake gun b/c its overloaded w/ radio equipment?????

thanks

yeah what is up with that? In real red or some other mod for cc3, it stated quite clear that those panzer had fake guns and had only a MG, but in this case I don't know if it is a bug or just a case of not being clear enough on the unit description.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:16 pm Post subject: Over use miss use of the element Steep Slope? Reply with quote

So Ive been playing some more stalingrad and I have noticed an incredible overuse/missuse of the element 'steep slope'. In most maps it is used to designate a difference of 1-3 meters of elevation in a ravine, gully or similar, while in other maps a difference of nearly 5 meters or more (tsaritsa woods) is unnoticed and not codded at all, so whats with that?

I must say that Im biased in this matter, as I don't like that element at all, it slows the soldiers like hell. But I could live with 5 meters or more of difference codded as 'Steep slope' but not every bump/hole on the ground!

EDIT: Another possible bug/mistake about coding maps.

I was now playing at the map STZ settlments and noticed that the roofless buildings have the walls coded as 'Level 4 walls' while this is understandable as they are supposed to be big buildings with just the bottom floor, this gives the soldiers the ability to actually 'climb' the walls and get LOS as in a level 4 floor, making the possiblity to hide in the rubble practically useless because the troops can see eachother if they are on top of a level 4 wall, even from long distances wich really takes away a lot of the fun of fighting in the rubble.

I think these walls should be coded as simple level 1 walls to avoid such situation of 'free' LOS.

EDIT 2: To demonstrate the wrong coding of walls that makes the soldiers climb them, here are a few pictures.

Here we have a unit of Stosstrupp that are suppossedly inside that building. But if you look at the terrain data, they are actually on top of the Level 5 wall thus getting LOS equivalent of a 5th floor.

The building they are in has just the bottom floor as described in the terrain data of this picture.

For reference Im going to use the building in front of the Stosstruppen, that has a Command team inside. This building is one floor tall and it has the correct level of stone wall as noted by the terrain data.

Let's say I wanted to target beyond the Command's 1 storey building from the Stosstruppen building, it should be impossible since My LOF would have to get thru at least 3 walls, right?

See what I mean?. And it's not just in this map, it's on all the ones that have one storey buildings with tall walls .

Please mod makers of this great mod, would you fix this issue? I think it takes away a LOT of fun and it ruins the whole tactical planning for the battle.

Thanks, still a great mod!.

daschewy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this was mentioned but for the dynamite sticks it has the name geballte ladung, and the grenade bundle has a different name. The geballte ladung was in fact the grenade bunch and not sticks of dynamite. Also for the anti-tank hand mine wasnt the name of it hafthohlladungen?

Nothing major but just wanted to point it out incase you all felt it needed to be change

thanks for the mod

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

minor aesthetical bug: A german command team has the wrong small unit picture. The one you see during combat and at the bottom when viewing the stats of the team.

EDIT: Specifically is the PG ZugFuhrer

Last edited by Pzt_Kanov on Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total

daschewy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I saw is that the panzer IV ausf G says it has a 75mm L/43, the ausf G-J models all came with the L/48 cannon with 80mm of armour. The only version of the panzer IV to come with the L/43 gun was the F2 model.

Another thing I was wondering about was for the supply icons why are they always in red? Im assuming that as long as you maintain your supply lines you should have all units with full ammunition, correct?

just putting some minor things out there.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

mortars won't fire from roofless buildings.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy 88 FlaK trucks start the battle with low ammo.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:19 pm Post subject: POSSIBLE Grain elevator map bug coding. Reply with quote

OK, so I'm now on the Grain elevator map after much anticipation... And it certainly didn't let down!!. An enourmous russian attack with like 10 t34 and assault infantry entered this map defended by a motorized Kampfgruppe with only PaK 38's and 2 captured T-34. The fighting was intense on the Silo as the russians approched first at one entrance and were repeled so they tried the other one and almost break through!.

Anyways... I moved an infantry unit INSIDE the grain elevator to near the stairs that walk you from the grain silos to the Silo elevator (near the number '3') and they suddenly got in LOS of 5 tanks 300 meters away that started firing on them. The tanks where parked on the village that is on the North-east corner of the map. I mean, the infantry unit was NOT near the walls, they where in the MIDDLE of the structure yet they were fired upon. I had to move them back letting russian infantry capture the grain Silos.

I noticed also that the 'Factory wall' element is 1 level only, while most of the grain elevator stands at or above 3 levels. Maybe this has to do with the fact that at upper levels, the infantry inside the building is not getting protection from the walls.

Just to let you guys know.

PS By the way, I don't want you to think I'm being annoying or whatnot for posting all this observations, is just that I like this mod so much that I want it to be as flawless as posibble.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it coming Smile!

Quote:
One thing I saw is that the panzer IV ausf G says it has a 75mm L/43, the ausf G-J models all came with the L/48 cannon with 80mm of armour. The only version of the panzer IV to come with the L/43 gun was the F2 model.

not really.
In August 1942 all the F2 were renamed to G. Btw only very late G had 50+30mm.

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy all,

I shall resurect an old issue brushed off as "not an issue".

The infantry flame throwers will not, ever, under any circumstances use the FT against armour. I read this issue a long time ago and it was put down to supression or blah blah bah. It is none of the above. The reason they don't use the FT is a mystery, but I have played GJS and they do it there fine. In a recent PBEM in Stalingrad, I had two concealed FT teams, one in a building another in a woods, both in command range, only a couple of KV's as targets, no enemy infantry for 3 to 400 metres and they just sat there for ever doing squat, regardless if I gave them an attack order of not. Minutes passed by with nothing happening with them. Its not a game stopper, I just know now to never use FT's against armour, but it would be nice if there is another patch for Stalingrad that this an be fixed.

Thanks for the good work with the mod BTW.

regards,

mark.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had two concealed FT teams, one in a building another in a woods, both in command range, only a couple of KV's as targets,

coz KV's armor is far beyond kill rating of FTs.

Quote:
I just know now to never use FT's against armour, but it would be nice if there is another patch for Stalingrad that this an be fixed.

FT is anti soft target weapon.
It was virtually impossible to KO medium tank with FT or Molotov.

flame-based weapons were more psychological thread to tanx than real one. Coz when f.e. molotov hits the tank and crew sees that tank's caught fire in most cases crew would bail out. But unlike in real life, in CC5 crew won't go inside the tank again after they've seen that it was just a molotov...

IMO FTs r represented pretty realistic as they still can KO lite tanx and r good vs infantry.

mariano_italiano

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
I had some strange problems playing h2h North Sector campaign, I played as the RKKA, and my killed tanks were each time back to the forcepool, i am not sure about other units, but it sure happened with tanks, any ideas??

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know if somebody have discovered it but on Dolgy Gully map there is a btd error, south position to map 26 is bad, it is a 100 points position and it should be one 50 points position.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: