Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
saminskip

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:43 am Post subject: Props and questions: Reply with quote

G'day lads.

I just had my first crack at mods for CCV, and so far I'm loving GJS. So props on a great mod.

The second thing, the question, is I played one map of it, and quickly realised it suffered from the same problems as original (not really challenging) so I downloaded the vetmod.

Now, I replaced all the files in the vetmod with the original ones that came with GJS, which is how I assume it is installed (since I failed to find any installation instructions).

I just played the second map now, and while it looked like their was alot more Germans, I'm not quite sure if thats just the mod or if that is because of the vetmod.

So, what does the vetmod do? and Did I install it correctly?

Does it make the game drastically harder?

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you install the right vetmod...eg: if you're playing German versus Allied AI, then install the German Vetmod.
Besides changing the SAI to make AI more aggressive (like coding Infantry as Vehicles), vetmods usually change the number of soldiers in the squads (ie: 10 man command teams, 10 man recon teams, 10 man MG teams). Sometimes the number of support weapons is also increased...so a vetmod boosted HMG team might now be 10 man strong and carry 3 MG42s. The same with AT teams. There's even sharpshooter squads, a whole bunch of snipers.

Realism setting is also important if you want to have a good fight against the AI.
From my experience if you're attacking and the AI is defending...give the AI all the advantage and enable (for the AI) "Always See The Enemy", "Never Act On Initiative", "Always Have Full Info", "Always Obey Orders".

"Always See The Enemy" will make the AI defend better...but this will usually lead to the AI bombarding your guns early in the game with arty or mortar.

If you're defending against an attacking AI...I prefer to give the AI "Full Info" and "Obey Orders"...and turn off "Always See" and "Never Act On Initiative".
From my experience, if the "Always See" option is turned on the AI will just avoid ambushes (what's the fun in defending if you can't setup ambushes!), the AI will also tend to just make probing attacks instead of rushing for the VLs. Turning on "Never Act On Initiative" will tend to make the AI more passive.

saminskip

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.

So I just disbanded the Germans on Sword Beach with two deaths and no injuries.

I'm assuming that means I didn't install the vetmod correctly. I had a look at the German BG afterwards and it was normal sized. 3man MG teams ect.

I was careful to make sure I installed the right vetmod. I'm playing an allied GC, so I installed the Allied vetmod.

I'm convinced I haven't installed it right, since BOTH sides (allied AND german) have the standard BGs. None of this 10man squads which I like the sound of.

So, where can I find instructions to installing? Currently I just extracted the vetmod files for allies into the Data\Base folder, and overwrote the files in there.

I assumed this was right, cause the files in the vetmod are the same as the ones in Data\Base.

Any help?

Thanks for the quick answer.

saminskip

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just having a quick look, in a normal battle it looks like the vetmod is working.
Very large mortar team ect.

I think my problem is that I had installed the vetmod AFTER I started the GC, and the game doesn't update the battlegroups already in the game.

Thanks for the help mate. I got it Smile

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

saminskip if you want a real challenge join gamespy at the top of the page and play some h2h ,... im always up for a GJS gc

"percute et percute velociter"

saminskip

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to. Have tried many a time.

Of course, my router (both at work and home) disagree.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

Jump to: