Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
wolfengang

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:42 am Post subject: Making an iraq mod? Reply with quote

hey, im curious, is anyone making an iraq mod? or planning on it?

because iraq would make a pretty cool mod IMO. ww2 is fun and all, but killing some jihadists would be a good refreshment.

ive tried road to baghdad, it wont work for me.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

..why make that kind of mod? I cant see any purpose with it??? Crying or Very sad

Mats

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:09 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

have u considered joining the army? Laughing

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:41 am Post subject: Re: Making an iraq mod? Reply with quote

wolfengang wrote:
hey, im curious, is anyone making an iraq mod? or planning on it?

because iraq would make a pretty cool mod IMO. ww2 is fun and all, but killing some jihadists would be a good refreshment.

ive tried road to baghdad, it wont work for me.

I bet you will fined some WMD to….

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

he probably want the grand campaign to last 10 or 12 years, like the real war.

What would H Jones do?

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Roads to Baghdad?

wolfengang

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

what the hell is wrong with you people? asking if an iraq mod is being made must offend you people huh?

and what the hell does joining the army have anything to do with this?

making an iraq mod would be a fun game of cat and mouse between american might and insurgent sneakiness. geurilla tactics.

i cant find RTB anywhere, so thats out of the question.

i just figured since people make plenty of the same ol same ol mods for all the CC's i was hoping maybe someone was gonna try somethin new, nvm then.

rouge5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it be fun to play? Remember that the US/coalition forces enjoy a massive advantage in technology and firepower which the Iraqi/Terrorists/Insurgents have no chance or hope to match - meaning that playing as the Iraqis will cost you very heavy casualties to armour/artillery and aircraft while your own forces will only be able to inflict low amounts of casualties (even lower if playing against a human player) due to better personal protection systems used by the Coalition soldiers like body armour, kevlar helmets etc. etc which translated into game terms means that the Coalition soldiers have an armour value whereas the Iraqis don't. Like in real life it will be a rather one sided battle with loads of Iraqi "martyrs" and few to none Coalition dead to show for it. Onesided Mods aren't fun to play and I don't see a War In Iraq Mod being any different.

Antony_nz

Rep: 86.4
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an Iraq mod is a good idea:)

I have allways hated the idea of CC going into any war apart from WW2.
But Iraq will be fun.
And its happening in real life. It will be strange playing a game when its happening irag as we speak,
I dont no how much war there was in Iraq. Alot of attacks tho.
I think an iraq game will be better if it had new features.

People, Car bombs,

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfengang wrote:
what the hell is wrong with you people? asking if an iraq mod is being made must offend you people huh?

yeah actually in way it does. this war is a huge pile of BULL! it has been a taxpayer's nightmare. theres no way out of it now. there weren't any WMD's in the damn country. the whole is being runned by a dumbass monkey (Bush). I'm tired of listening to all the news all the time and now some one wants a mod about it, come on. Mad

What would H Jones do?

wolfengang

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

in ww2, there were 2 wmd's used, millions dead, and much more money spent... why arent you crying about ww2? ww2 almost brought the world into dust during the cold war, and the runoff of ww2 is still creeping through some societies... i dont see you complaining?

whoever said we had to only fight insurgents? we can fight the iraqi republican guard, which actually had a formidable army by middle eastern standards.

even with insurgents, they have katyushas and other indirect fire weapons, equally as deadly if impact occurs, and with iranian support, insurgents get even more capability.

an iraq mod will have balance, terrorists use sneak attacks, US does patrols and strikes.

in ww2, russia vs finland was 1 sided, but finns still won. my uncle levi died by a russian grenade near a bridge (i played the level, and lost a machine gun team in the same spot by a mortar), also, my great uncle Kyósti united finland to fight russia (im getting off topic, just like someone else above me)

im not complaining about the Karelia mod am i? nope, was a fun tactical mod, even though my family suffered a lot and i lost a lot of family there, im not complaining about a mod for a video game. oh, and the mod was very 1 sided... still was very fun.

so theres absolutely no reason for a fun lil iraq mod, gulf war mod? russia/afghanistan mod? something more modern is what im asking... and some time having fun killing islamists.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess people gets upset at this idea because is something that you are seeing, something that is developing right in front of you so it is not easy to deattach the feelings that people have about the current Iraq thing to properly feel you are just playing a game. I think that is one of the reasons they pulled RtB out of the market(poor taste), that and all the bugs it had.

I'm kind of embarassed to say this, but there was this time when I suddenly felt something was wrong with CC, I mean we are pretending that we kill the other side's men! and most of the time we don't care about things like 'wow, this battle really happened and it was brutal, lots of men where killed and now i can safely reenact it'. CC3 is specially creepy in this aspect as the brutality of war really gets me when Im able to shoot my own surrendering troops when im playing as the russians.

But before you label me as a 'goody two-shoes PC weirdo' I must say I only stoped playing like 1 day because I can easily stop thinking about this as anything but a game because I didn't live through ww2 nor I personnally know someone that has, thus i really don't have visceral feelings about it, besides it happened a long time ago and so my connscience doesn't bother me much. I wonder what an actual WW2 Veteran would have to say about it though...

In conclusion some people do not like the idea of an Iraq mod because it feels weird playing in a present setting when you are seeing people your same age or younger dying while you are there in your comfortable chair fighting on the same map where CNN said 10 were killed that same afternoon.

wolfengang

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know what you mean... but it is a game.

id like an iraq mod so i can modify US tactics and kick some insurgent ass.

and besides, too many people live by what their emotions say, thats just pathetic. war is war, it happens, get used to it.

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant believe ppl are upset bye a mod of iraq.

You hate it so much dont ever play close combat again.

But yes its sad that ppl are dieing infront of our TV screens.
But WW2 was just as bad...it was worse.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

wolfengang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

well, so i take it no modders are planning on or making an iraq/afghanistan mod?

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

No wars great.
Apart from irag... Dont ask.
Confused

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure many CC'ers are just not interested in playing modern day warfare simulations. Alot of people that play CC have an interest in WW2 history.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and IMHO the CC engine is best suited for WW2 battles. Modern warfare have drastically increased weapon ranges...beyond the scope of standard CC maps (eventhough huge maps are being developed for the game...and CC3VoT exe hack also increases map sizes available for CC)...watching/playing long range tank engagements on a 2D map sucks. Urban warfare scenarious might be more suitable for CC.
The game's Close Combat...there's not much close combat ini modern warfare Wink .

But for modern warfare fans...looks like CSO Simtek is working on a new commercial release based on the CCM engine.
If you just can't wait...just play RtB...it's fun for a few battles Smile.

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
I am sure many CC'ers are just not interested in playing modern day warfare simulations. Alot of people that play CC have an interest in WW2 history.

When you put it like that then ok...
I agree.

AudieMurphy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

See this one

http://uk.download.games.yahoo.net/t_25oa_ukco/Strategy/The%20Road%20to%20Baghdad.html

And the game is not so easy. For example in one of the first missions you have an infantry platoon fighting for an oil refinery. No heavy support as you want the refinery intact. Saddam's guys are the ones that have on-call artillery in that mission.

But that is RtB. In CC5 you would not have more than one plane per battle. If you want more balance make a 1991 Gulf war mod, give Saddam some planes; let him have Soviet volunteers fly his planes. It is a game after all... btw how many people have died in Kongo in past ten years? As many as three million. Who demonstrates against that? And who has at least heard?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: