Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_jojo7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:17 am Post subject: Windows Vista and cc5 Reply with quote

Do or don't?
Anyone has experince with the combo?

Pzt_jojo7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ,i know the answer now..
If u wanna play against AI ,no real problems.
BUT if u wanna play H2H forget it. Vista doesn't support "the obslete drivers" for cc5 (and more old games) anymore (ipx/netbios)

Pzt_Wincent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So....It is only possibility ....to install XP...is it possible I think to have more installation on one comp. Just you will select from menu. But don't know how to do it. Have you any clue ? Btw...I didn't see you for long time buddy Smile Razz

Pzt_jojo7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using 2 comps at the moment ,vista in the livingroom and XP on the attic (so i'm not very much online anymore on GS)
I'm thinking to "downgrade" the Vista PC and install XP on it just to be able to play my favorite game in the livingroom again Smile

Pzt_Wincent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:22 am Post subject: I AM GOING MAD ALL THE TIME !!! Reply with quote

Ok. I posted this to our PZT forum but I would share my bad experience about VISTA once again with everybody of CC community. I bought brand new CC5. I must confess I've been using piracy copy because I couldn't buy it in Slovakia. I got CC4 and CC5 yesterday. I installed game and registered it. Then I've started with compatibility action. W95 nothing. W98 nothing. XP yes. When game (I must run It like admin and I must didable desktop composition) started after 45 second :zzz ,nevermind important is that game starts. I disabled videos, so no videos. Singel player without problems. 1280x960 resolution is nice and big ( I have widescreen so that's why 960 height only) You don't need to scroll very much so fast scrolling is no so big issue for me.
ALL THE TROUBLE IS MULTIPLYER Mad .When I hit multiplayer button THERE ARE NO BUTTONS. NO CONNECTION METHOD BUTTONS. NO SERVER SETUP BUTTON. JUST BACKROUND. I am posting screenshot.

So maybe it is Direct-X. Maybe Vista. I though it is my INTEL DUAL CORE Processor. That I will need to switch off one. But when you set-up compatibility to XP, OS itself switched off one of the processors. I saw it in Tast manager - Processes - CC5 - Affinity (only CPU0 is busy with game). Razz

So i think my only possibility is to make dual OS. To install two OS. First Vista and then XP. Does anybody know how to do it ? Do I need first to get dual OS program and then uninstall Vista, run dual OS program, then install Vista and afterwards XP ? Does anybody have an idea how to do it ???? Confused

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Smile)

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that blank multiplayer screen with my Vista too. No trouble through Gamespy, but connecting via I.P. doesn't fly with Vista.

Pzt_Wincent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:13 am Post subject: SUCCESS Reply with quote

IT WORKS. Thanks Wruff for help. After router setup it was no problem. Pitty is just that TCP and UDP method doesn't work. But I think when more people will get Vista, at least we will see one another on GS more often:)

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:04 am Post subject: Gamespy CC5 Loby Access Solution Reply with quote

I was asked again today for a solution to the issue of people not being able to access the CC 5 loby in GS these days.
I'm posting the solution here also so that we have a quick guide for people to reference.

Problem:
Quote:
Im still having the same problems with gamespy software. I can run the program. What I cant do is access the lobby to CC5. The window which displays all the info. Such as (Playes name, chat, text and rooms) I cant get into that page. I cant figuer out what else to do.

Solution:
First you'll need this url. Save it so you always have it:
close5://GSP!close5!XOuW1lss4X/?type=staging

Paste the url I provided into the box. Hit go.

And you're good to go.

normandy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, have a problem with Windows Vista. After I installed Close Combat 5, the game ran rather smoothly. Suddenly after few days of normal behaviour, the game stopped to work (Windows says that Close Combat(tm) V stopped Working.). I do not know why this happened (As far as I am aware, I did not change any Windows settings. I did not update any drivers, but Vista may have done automatic updates). I tried compatibility mode and it did not help. Reinstalling game does not solve my problem. I am totally confused! If you know a solution, please help me.

final-drive

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wruff,

Is there a similar url-solution to the CC4 lobby in Gamespy?

Greetz

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

a year later drive, but.. if you can contact someone with access to the CC4 loby then they should be able to post the url for you.

bump...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: