Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
jockel123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:10 pm Post subject: Noob War Reply with quote

Hi fellow head to head (h2h) noobs!

I'm into h2h for about 2 months now but still feel like a noob and my results more or less confirm that. Wink

I thougth it me be interesting to fight a campaign with noobs against other noobs. I imagine something like a 2vs2 or 3vs3. Really depends on how many noobs are around and willing to participate. Fun and the will to learn and practice should be focus, winning secondary.

So anyone with h2h experience from lets say 5 battles up to 6 months please register in this thread and I'll try to get things started.

- Mistmatz

PS: Veterans stay out with your secondary accounts! :wink1

Searry

Rep: 3.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Which game?

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

U would play versus veteran....

How learn something about something if u dont have professor to learn it?

Your books are the veteran, your professor must be them.

Dont be affraid to be crushed, to los all your battle, losing is the better way to learn in CC

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

jockel123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: Noob War Reply with quote

@Searry: I'm open to any of the major mods, majority decides I'd say. Same is true for the settings, although I think it makes sense to stick with the most commonly used rules/settings (e.g. 15mins, VL rule etc.). So did I notice a raised hand or what?

@ZAPPI4: No worries, I also play a lot against vets as I assume all noobs do. That is surely a very good way to learn tricks and things. The reason why I started this thread is to hopefully have a less competitive environment and having opponents who are in a similar situation. Students also learn from other students. :wink1

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:31 pm Post subject: Re: Noob War Reply with quote

jockel123 wrote:
... Students also learn from other students. :wink1

Sur but sometime it's wrong thing than u learn then.

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more or less arround for a while now, but I still get my *** kicked Very Happy
Problem I have now is with my new Internet connection in Germany. Can not play in GS due to some modem/setup problems. Crying or Very sad

Anyway, It might be a good idea, but if you play a real vet like Zappi, you can learn quite a lot.
I did in my time when I was ablle to use GS Wink

oPossum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest I'm the first one who is going to raise his hand Smile .
I think their is no one who is matching the qualifiations for a noob war better then me, I haven't played h2h yet, but CC isnt't my first game I have played
and I have a good knowlegde and understanding of military tactics and I have also played a lot of CC now so I won't bother you with questions about how to move my men or stuff like that. So if you are not worried about my lack of combat experience just let me know.

jockel123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@bambam887: Soory to hear you cant play h2h. As I'm also living in Germany and having had a hard time to get my router set up to work with CC5 I may be able to help. Feel free to send me a PM with your problem, maybe I can helpl.

@oPossum: Congrats, you're the first enlisted. Smile
Please make sure to get gamespy set up and have a few fights. The technical aspect must be up and running before we can enter war. You can also PM me if you need assistance.

oPossum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm going to play my first h2h games today.

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jockel,
you got PM :wink2

smoke1970

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

noob here, played the game for years off line, did the call of duty for awhile, found this again, hope to see you all soon.

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

All newbies, do yourself a favour and study this:

http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/Cob1GJSstrat.html

It contains pretty much all the tips and tricks of the game. Study this and fight against VETERANS wherever you can. Play the same maps from different sides and WATCH what your opponent does. Learn from them. Read Sun Tzu... it's all in these two sources... Sun Tzu and the PZT strat guide combined = one mean CC player. I understand the need to play other new players if you get tired of having ur ass handed to you but focus on playing the better players if you really want to get better quickly.

:Cool

Happy hunting.

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

Mistmatz

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I'm using my 'natural' account from now on. Mooxe fixed some setting/bug in my account that prevented me from viewing the forums. So rest in peace jockel123 and again thx for your help Mooxe. :ok2

Back to the topic:

@smoke1970: Welcome on board, that makes us three now, looks we can soon get that thing started. Please also make sure that you know how to work with gamespy and have a few h2h battles there. PM me if you need assistance.

Thanks for the link mikwarleo. This guide is really a very good read. I found it soom weeks ago and it definately helps to apply the principles of war onto the CC engine. A 'must read' for everyone, even more so for h2h players. Kudos to the Panzertruppen Clan for putting that guide together.

I also agree to your and zappis advice to play vets to improve skills as much as possible. The noob war is not meant to protect noobs from getting their ass handed by other players. We will have to learn the hard way like everybody else did.

In my opinion the noob war should provide an environment for players of similar play level to exchange experiences, learned lessons, to discuss and most importantly to have fun in a less competitive environment. Or maybe its becoming even more competitve in regard to who learns quicker and becomes a meaner opponent... who knows how this will evolve. Laughing

The important thing is, it is meant as an addition, not a replacement for the lessons handed out in 'real life' h2h combat.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your Noob war. When we have a new set of guys join the Pzt we try and put together a war for them that they can fight amongst themselves, without us picking them apart to much at the beginning... that comes later Wink.

I know you will learn alot from like skilled players, and there will be plenty of time in the future to play all of us Vets.

The three things I would HIGHLY recommend when putting together a team event like this:

1. Have the rules totally hammered out and on paper before you begin.

2. Have 1 guy who can have the final call. This will eliminate much pain and headaches throughout the war as there is always at least 1 problem that arrises that somone will need to make a decision on.

3 Have a Captain for each team. Again, someone who can make the final call on strat decisions, support allocations, and can talk with the other team captain about problems, etc.

GL!

oPossum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we schould make two teams each of them with 2 noobs and 1veteran onboard. So we wouldn't get crushed every time we play and could learn much more then in a noob only war.

mariano_italiano

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I am a h2h noob as well, I would very much like to participate in this "Noob war". I would suggest playing GJS as from what i heard it tends to be most stable of all the mods for h2h.
I am very much looking forward to fight other unexperienced players
Cheers
BTW I played h2h something like 1/4 of GJS campaign so far (maybe 10 battles alltoegether) and so far I get my ass kicked.. One good thing is i dont have any problems with conecctions etc.

Mistmatz

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on board mariano_italiano!

As we are four players now I think we should start discussing the details and try to get the thing started before we aren't noobs anymore... Smile

So far we have the following players:

oPossum
smoke1970
mariano_italiano
Mistmatz

Personally I agree with mariano_italiano that GJS would be a good mod for our little war. It is around for quite some time and often played in the community so we can practice outside as well.

Regarding the setting I recommend 15 minute battles, 2min warning, no initiative, no morale and line/line troops. I think we should also play with the VL-rule, meaning you can only deploy in areas were you have a safe connection to an own VL. Would that be acceptable for all?

mariano_italiano and smoke1970, please let me know if you have had a chance to play via gamespy already and verify your setup is working. If not, PM me and we can arrange a game or discuss any problems you might have.

Everybody please send me a PM with your eMail adress (we need that to send the save file back and forth) and the timezone you live in (eg GMT+1 for me) so we can arrange the games better. Oh, and maybe some information when you're usually available for play.

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought about a newb war a few years ago but never got around to putting the idea forward,, my idea was to have a non playing vet to mentor either side on strat moves an such... at least this way u will have correct orders to try an achieve, and wont fall for any unknown bugs or traps, and can learn from a vet the reason why u dont run your inf into tank bgs and why some bgs are faster than others etc.. etc you really should consider asking some of the masters if they would give their time, while not playing themselves, in a way this would be a battle of wits for them aswell and would closely follow the drama of a non combatant co faced with a battle where he knows what needs to be done but has the worry of untried battle commanders to deal the necessary blows for victory, ide imagine that as a very real scenario...

"percute et percute velociter"

Blackstump

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

just as a post note to the above.. having standing orders written out is a VERY real and necessary approach to all clan wars, thats why u have a co who has the BIG picture in mind to give these orders your battle commander then tries to follow these orders as closely as possible, otherwise you will go to hell in a hand basket VERY quickly...

Blackstump

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do decide to go with a vet non combatant co, remember that they are only trying to help, and please be nice to them as it can be a very stressfull position making these decisions, heres a picture of Pzt Mac and thats only while trying to decide between KFC or Maccas on a friday nite
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: