Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1242
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:03 am Post subject: St Come Du Mont Rout Reply with quote

htrack and troops spotted,naval designated.

ambush in open field

but positions revealed

things not looking good for battle

i can survive!

Excellent battle result for Stumpy,terrible game by me

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:14 am Post subject: Quinville Resistance Reply with quote

at game start i run into a panzer2 which hacks into my troops

a 75mm DD remedies that problem

2nd time this game a DD tank has wandered forward into a flamethrower trap
stumpy making good use of his flamers

german arty does some damage

stumpys troops do a hero effort and charge and ambush my DD

and if thats not enuff he sets his eyes on my minesweeper

Luftwaffe airstrike

Quinville battle result got slowed down here

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:27 am Post subject: Montbourg Counter Reply with quote

an early attempt by stumpy to retake an exit vl leads to a tank ambush

Recon team hanging solo at other end of map

attacks start to come from everywhere

a halftrack sticks its nose where it is not welcome

damn stukas

attempted zook shot on Charbis doesnt do enuff damage

the rumble for my rear vl

Montbourg battle result,cut out of supply!

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:39 am Post subject: Carentan Reply with quote

Naval dropped on Inf gun at start of game

getting set for firefight

Carentan battle result,just hang on still cut from fuel/ammo

GC results to the afternoon of 7th June (movement due)

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:01 am Post subject: Afternoon movement 7th June & Mederet battle Reply with quote

My only movement was to move the 22/4th from Veirville into St Com Du mont to plug the hole left by the disbanded AB.

Mederet next battle

Battle erupts at start of game

airstrike called in for Pz3,misses Sad

Panzers try to clear a path

Mederet battle result,wearing the german BG down thou both Pz3 survive

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:13 am Post subject: Chef Du Pont battle rages on for AB Reply with quote

Engagements happen in many places at same time

Maybe the smoke will save me

Stumpy tries to push

Stumpy goes after inf first ignoring inf gun or he may not have seen it?
Stug survives one side shot from it,but a 2nd in rear immobs him and a 3rd destroys it.

i try to gain some extra gound on other side of map

running into last line of defence

Glad to have destroyed another tank

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:59 pm Post subject: Surviving heroes so far Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:36 pm Post subject: Allied armour hits St Come Du Mont Reply with quote

My command team creeping into 2 story building briefly spot a pak88 where i laid the mortar dot.which killed it with a direct shot after 8 shots.distance was 275metres.

before i know it im under attack on other side of map

1 and a half rifle squads get shot up quick smart,only some mortar support preventing his inf overrunning me,maybe also the stuart and grant as well

i moved grant forward to tackle stug with bar rifles to support,badly timed by me bar rifle get there late,tree blocked los to stug,and had grant had to move,stug got rdy first.i send tank crew to scavenge some weapons

as tank crew scavenge,my inf start to counter back and stumpy pulls his stug back sensing the danger

bring DD in to help mop up resistance

stumpys stug panics,spins sneaking stuart sees a chance lets one off into the rear of the stug at about 80-90metres,no damage,stug spins and stuart backs up

while all this is going on an ambush is set off on the other side of the map

whilst i sorted out the incursion,i return to see the stug pulled right back,and start planning its downfall

airstrike is usually a good way to deal with one,if it hits..and doesnt kill ur own men in the process

Smile Stuart crew scavenging after running into rdy stug,then my grand plan of sherman getting sideshot on stug while he is trying to get stuart is up in smoke,and of course he manages to turn and face my sherman before i can get a shot off Sad

inf take out stug with a scavenge pzfaust or faustpatrone,good he owes me 3 tanks.

Stumpy pulls out his ace a fresh inf squad and quickly cleans up my nervous troops who decide surrendering is better.and keeps a exit vl

the reality of german AT capabilities is rammed home to the allied tank crews

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:02 pm Post subject: Qunville street to street fighting breaks out. Reply with quote

an MG welcoming squad gives me a rude shock,i throw my nades and explosives into wrong room,and squad gets wiped out

forward recon team is fighting a 2nd team in next building,mg still not spotted

a fresh rifle group charge in and find mg in the middle of setting up again

rifle and recon team both turn their attention to remaining team

K next ambush!

didnt take long

well my goal was to not lose a tank Smile big single VL gain

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:04 am Post subject: Reinforcement dates for allies Reply with quote

Below r the recommended reinforcements dates for the american bgs,reinforcing before the said dates will disadvantage you by bypassing the upgrade path to better units.Their is no disadvantage in reinforcing on or after the said date.
apart from maybe not using up all of ur previous fpools.

An example is to take an AB unit from the 82nd which can reinforce on the 10th June.If u wait till the 10th June the AB will be propped up with a small armour attachment.
Or take the 8/4th if u reinforce on the 9th june or later,all the DD tanks will be replaced by normal shermans.if u reinforce on the 6th,7th or 8th u will only get DD tanks again.
If u r on the 9th June and still have a DD tank in ur first 15 teams,and reinforce
there will be no position in fpool to click DD tank off and u will lose it.But if u keep it in the first 15 teams he can play on as long as he survives and also with the new tanks beside him on battlefield.
BG reinforcement dates
8/4th 9th - 22/4th 9th
505/82nd 10th - 507/82nd 10th - 508/82nd 10th
501/101st 11th - 502/101st 11th - 506/101st 11th
12/4th 12th - 359/90th 12th
327/101st 13th
4/VIIcorp 14th - 49engineer 14th
325/82nd 16th
357/90th 17th - 358/90th 17th
39/9th 18th - 47/9th 18th - 60/9th 18th
313/79th 21st - 314/79th 21st - 315/79th 21st
49/VIIcorp 25th
329/83rd 27th - 330/83rd 27th - 331/83rd 27th

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:28 am Post subject: Mountberg Fiasco Reply with quote

Knowing the size of my deployment in advance,and being out of supply.I decided to bail out.And choose 2 teams instead of 15teams to get slaughtered.

My rifle squad get fried in opening seconds of game from hedgerow,never saw them!And sniper gets taken out 20 seconds into game,Maybe 2 records Smile

Mountberg is temporarily returned to German Hands,but not for long.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:13 pm Post subject: Movement and holding out in the Mederet Reply with quote

Movement was pretty straight forward,I was just hoping Stumpy wasnt thinking of moving his FJ from Chef Du Pont to Veirville.Which would of jeopardised that BG and temp delay supply to St Come.Luckily for me he didnt.

From start of game my rifle group has to retreat from a gun and a halftrack,laid mortar fire onto suspected spot at 225metres with no result from about 15shells

my first team on hedge ambushes stumpies men as he charges into building,he in return ambushes them from hedges,and i have a 2 squads respond to that ambush Smile

Stumpy uses an artillery barrage to take out inf gun,as it was able to pound both 2 story buildings from there.

Fuck a Pz3,time to leave!

then he finds another group to slap about

forgot to check airstrike again,I was desperate..heard a man or 2 die in the house at least,and only just missed my own men

The 50cal is all i got now to surpress men in 2 story house,keeping it on single bursts and flicking back to ambush,it goes undetected.Stumpy ur not allowed to target this spot next game!!!

Bar rifles having retreated from the Pz3 open up on some germ troops trying to gain ground,killing half of them forcing other half to retreat back.

Just as i tell myself im going ok.

Pz ventures forward to sort out the rifle group

Feels like Panzers everywhere

Oh Yea watch this

I had to show some emotion...Notice in the previous shot,When command team tossed explosives,they didnt just take the Pz3 out,but their own Commander as well...any theories?

Then same command team comes charging down the hedge kicking the crap out of some out stumpies men.

Another tuff battle at the Mederet

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:47 pm Post subject: Cut off AB in Carentan Reply with quote

Fighting breaks out straight away

when the dust settles i got men there and stumpy doesnt

got 2 halftracks and an inf gun closing in on me

Starting to get overun

Finally a Htrack comes into my 30 cals los supported by bar rifles

whilst another 30cal takes care of an attempted rush on flank

Stumpy takes exit vl,but i rush it and contest it at game end

Another tuff battle

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:36 am Post subject: Deadlock at Chef Du Pont Reply with quote

Spotted a target for the mortar at close range

Stumpy hits back with an artillery barrage,which by the way he aimed it he thought my forces were further forward than they were.Im sure it killed a few of his guys as well.

i rushed my bar rifles forward to the hedge to help a team which had fire opened on them and with mortar help,finally got over top of them.Stumpy then rushed a squad over to get the bar rifles,they ran into a support section and got ambushed.

I get mg fire in return from 2 story building

time to run and hope arty an air get lucky

Stumpy charges them forward to get me and away from arty

in last minutes i focus on defence of my rear vl

im happy i wore his bg down more,he will be weak here soon

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:14 am Post subject: St Come Du Mont Reply with quote

spotted a pak40 & 88,and planted a naval barrage in the centre of them,which got both guns and some inf

i lay my arty next

Bar support team in field,picks the 88 crew off one by one with sniping bursts of fire

i briefly spotted a pak40 and lay a an airstrike on position

a tit for tat airstrike,which damages Stuart and kills 3 inf

Gained F-all ground,but wore this FJ unit out just a bit further.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this AAR topic, fun to watch and read... Smile
Keep em coming.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:42 am Post subject: Situation In Quinville. Reply with quote

Naval barrage and an airstrike assigned to Quinville.After 2 battles here i havent gained any exit vls.I need the Azeville exit to stop him cutting off my fresh AB bg in Montberg,and so i can confidently attack with my 12/4th with supply guaranteed.
In Quinvile im down to my last 4 tanks (3xDDs & a minesweeper)which need to be around a further 2 battles to get me to my reinforcing point on the 9th June.

Stumpy is sitting on 3 short barrel Pz4 and 2 long barrel Pz3,why i have to advance carefully.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:28 am Post subject: Quinville Reply with quote

As soon as i venture forward i have a Pz4 open fire on my men,i call a DD forward.

i come under shrek attack at same time as i destroy pz4

got lucky against air strike

I send a minesweeper one way to get pz3,stumpy sees me coming and tries to meet me near building where he has troops to help him assist in the assault,i had a similar plan

the tanks performed when i needed them to

great going,secured needed vl,and destroyed 3 tanks and a atg for no loss of armour.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:59 am Post subject: AB surge into Mountbourg Reply with quote

Vicious firefight breaks out for building in the south-west

Stumpy tries to attack from other direction,i lay an artillery barrage

Stumpy pulls his Charbis back from house,leaving remaining troops to fight for themselves,i sense a chance.

I start to chase his troops off in the north

Securing the Mederet Exit VL,whilst Charbis turns up its last road

Taking easy ground

i beat off some resistance for Mederet VL

Got to be happy with this result.Smile

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:07 am Post subject: Carentan battle rages Reply with quote

I knew Stumpy was wanting me gone from this map,but i had no such plans.

Rifle team get slaughtered after taking 2 story building

30 cal MG gets opportunity with Halftrack

he sends it around the other way

he tries to assault me from the left

another 30 cal mg opens up on htrack,destroying it.

i send i man off to get vl.

rest of my focus goes into keeping st com exit vl,im not getting supply thru it,but its the principle.

Costly for the Allies but gained some ground

German Sniper i could hear during battle

German Mg

AB 30 cals stout defence

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: