Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

the NZEF had the 4th anti tank company also specific platoons were trained as tank attack troops and were amongst the first soldiers to receive the tommy gun ( these were quite rare at the time) by the 8th of july ANZAC troops had been issued and trained on bren gun, boyes anti tank rifle and 3inch mortar

"percute et percute velociter"

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:18 pm Post subject: ANZAC Forces Reply with quote

Thanks for that info mate, some great research there.
So to sum up if I may, the ANZAC Forces by September 1940 would have amounted to almost a full strenght British Division, plus having the advantages of modern equipment and the training needed to operate it.

As you say the soldiers themselves were also hand picked, which can be seen from the effect they had on the operations later in the Western Desert.
I believe Montgomery stated on the eve of D day that he wished he had the 6th Australian Division taking part, a compliment indeed Smile .

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

to digress a little thats not correct, it was actually montgomery's chief of staff , and it was about the 9th division (my old mans mob) but monty did have a soft spot for them after tobruk and el alemain, personaly thanking them, and he wore a slouch hat on the day ( dads got a photo somewhere) the connection being that the 9th were formed around the the very brigade we are talking about here the 6th division 18th brigade, after being diverted to England the Aust army changed to being on the three tier system the same as other commonwealth armys and the 18th became a left over, with the 6th and 7th divs in the dessert the ill fated 8th being formed back here,the 9th was formed in england from other units with the 18th as its backbone,they went on to fighting in the jungles at lae after tobruk and el alemain, so were well travelled

"percute et percute velociter"

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep your quite right, I got it arse about face, it was in fact de Guingand who made the comment to Monty.
I can believe that about him honouring your Dads division in that manner, many of the vets here still speak of him with a warmth not shown to other British general officers, something of a two way feeling between him and his rank and file. Montgomery was impressed with a soldiers ability, rather than class or privilage and made a lot of enemies within the establishment when he ruthlessly culled the officer corps after returning from the desert to take over the invasion army. Under his command officers were expected to train, sleep and eat alongside the troops, those who failed to measure up were removed, in some cases being replaced with Canadian officers or promotions from the ranks.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys any news of progress on this mod yet?

Pzt_penguin

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been pretty dead for the last two months, but I should have some time
to work on it soon.

used to be pzt penguin Smile

Luft_Karabiner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_penguin wrote:
Its been pretty dead for the last two months, but I should have some time
to work on it soon.

i would like to volounteer to make a webby site for this mod. I could host it over at Geocities.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:13 pm Post subject: Work on this mod? Reply with quote

Any activity here? I thought this sounded like a facinating mod.

Pzt_penguin

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any activity here? I thought this sounded like a facinating mod.

Yeah, I'm sorry this mod has been so delayed. "you look up delayed in the Dictionary and there's Op sea lion mod". I'm still very interested and wanting
to make op sea lion. The last year though hasn't given me the time though.
Once I finish up the new version of the wwwar op ladder which I coded to php. I will go over everything and hope to get the mod restarted.

-pzt penguin

Edit - I already have a website for op sealion close combat junkies Thanks for asking though.

used to be pzt penguin Smile

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_penguin wrote:
I mostly need research

You must have come across Macksey's book "Invasion 1940". He has the Germans winning through an early start based in turn on an accurate estimate of the effect of the Sicherschnitt. I thought this book well written. If you were wanting to quickly bypass air force, navy and logistical arguments, and get on with the Close Combat, this would be your best bet.

The other book, which I think was just called "Operation Sealion" stuck to a conventional timetable and ended in failure for the Germans. It had a particularly grissly chapter towards the end when R.N. destroyers managed to break through the Kriegsmarine cordon at night and attack the invasion barges. Needless to say mass slaughter ensued.

MorgTzu

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this one...I'm ordering the General's book and will give you some feedback after I read it. Don't let this one die, I daresay it will be very popular upon completeion as it is very different.

BTW...longtime lurker here..registered just so I could encourage you to finish this mod.

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone make a comment as to the status of the strat map?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: