Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1242
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
7A_Bjorn

Rep: 24.2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:11 pm Post subject: Desert Rats (7A) vs PZT - Overlord D-Day + 14 AARs Reply with quote

Desert Rats plan of attack vs PZT for Operation Ipsom:

AARs:

7A_Ghoa vs PZT_Mac Tilly

I began with an attack in the south killing 1pz2 and 1 schreck and some inf. I crossed the road and took some ground, the attack was good till a Pz Ldr came killing 1 sherman and 1 fly always my tanks shoot 1st but no luck, great luck for him, so I used my north teams to attack I found 1 88 and 1 tiger but my 2 flies get both, I broke his line reaching hedges near juvigny vl, and take more houses near crossroad vl.

Some of the fighting in Hottot on the 22nd and 23rd of June:

Ghoa forces a Tiger crew to surrender with a brave engineer team

7A_Sick vs PZT_Wruff abbaye de ardenne

battle went pretty well after losing 2 at guns in first 2 min, 25 pdr hit panther 4 times no damage then boom gun gone, 6pdr hit another panther 4-5 times again no damage boom gun gone. i did secure the south town and the good news is i killed another panther, it tried moving accross field in west i had 6 pdr in south boom 6pdr shot up arse of panther.

gerry
15 inf
1 pak38
1 panther

allies
19 inf
1 25pdr
1 6pdr

7A_Ghoa vs PZT_Mac Hottot

the game was incredible, I decided atack from south I deployed inside forest 1 stag 1 achilles and 5 inf teams; I began to scout and saw some inf and 1 pz3, my stag and his pz3 began to play cat and mouse but this time the mouse took the cat 1 side shoot and p3 out, after this my inf and stag started to advance; he brought 1 stug and when he entered the forest 1 eng team burned the stug, next I finished killing his inf, the line was broken, all his teams in north began to move to help south but my mortar was waiting; when he let north clear my men began to run in all directions taking ground, only 3 german soldiers survived.

7A_Sickf vs PZT_Wruff

held as ordered, got clobbered around carp exit, but loss prevented him attacking exit vl, lost 25 pdr and stag in first minutes facking snipers. after that he overwhelmed my teams around carp them slow game from there. bg is about spent, 0 eng left, 1 6pdr, 2 coy couple half teams. will be a challenge next round.

allies
25pdr
inf gun
stag
25 inf

gerry
6 inf

Abbaye Bjorn vs Coyote

Took the South vl with inf but he took back at end. Mainly focused attacks on the NW and gained some good ground. Lost a stuart and a flame car.

Tilly Bjorn vs XLegione

Disbanded him, lost 1 M10 in process. I basically probed with recon to find his defenses, then pounced full force on the vl at the end from all angles.

Hottot Bjorn vs Decoy

Luck was not on our side this time. Even with first shot at 50m our achilles didn't kill Pz III, and he killed us first shot. Our inf fought ok but his were better (SS). Lost 2 achilles and lots of inf trying to disband him.

Juvigny 7A_Weefunk vs wruff

I reckoned he would defend the exit vl to the east and it was urgent that we get fuel and ammo, so i had to attack in that direction and meanwhile hold the town and the area to the west; so i couldn't use too many teams for the attack to the east. my first priority was to secure town and then regroup for the push east. Luckily for me he didnt have any troops in town and it was secured with small losses. my attack in the east went kind of bad took around 100 meters with loss of coy team 2 bren and piat and damaged churchill too. Unluckily he had hidden a pz 3 in the little field with trees and that one ground up my inf. However, we have a strong hold on the map and they'll have a hard time pushing us out. Probably they'll have a weaker defense in west and south now when we are close to the east VL.

carp Weefunk vs coyote

i tried to hold on as good as i could. No big changes except i took a vl and lost 2 tanks and inf.

breteville Ghoa vs wruff

I did a north to south attack, after a hard fight I disbanded them.

7A_sickf vs coyote abby

Hard fought battle, attacked him in north corner hoping to get lucky, he was prepared. decided to maintain pressure in north while doing some sneaking. sneak rifle squad out of center farm to carp exit vl at 3 min they where within 100 m or so.....then i ran out a humbler i had hidding in center also, he exposed inf gun to try and stop 25 pdr boom no more gun. Then ran humbler to carp exit and tucked it in behind wall and ran rifle team to wall in front of building to late for him to react held carp exit at end of game.

allies
23 inf
flame carrier
stuy

gerry
11 inf
inf gun

sorry forgot SC

sick vs xlegione cristot

expanded deploy took jivgney vl, took heavy inf loss but killed his last pz3 and stug. he defended the juvingy vl heavy which was the point of my attack very hard fought battle.

allies
50 inf
1 stuy

gerry
32 inf
1 pz3
1 stug

forgot shot again

juvigny Ghoa vs coyote

The goal was take villers or tourville vls, he thought that my attack went to tilly vl but next turn we enter in juvigny from tilly ,so i attack his rear; I caught him off guard, villers vl was only defended by 2 mg and 1 gun, so I took it and the church vl; when he saw my intention he began to move his bg running to cover the hole but was late, if the game had 1m more I would have taken tilly exit.

carpiquet Ghoa vs coyote

I tried go for breteville vl to resupply this bg, although next turn will be disbanded due to having few teams left; it was well defended but I took 2 tanks and 1 gun losing 1 tank

15th pm abbaye Ghoa vs mac

I tried a south assault, i put 1 achilles and 1 25 pdr to cover the inf, but Mac put 1 panzer in front hedge taking the achilles with 1 shot in 1st seconds; my gun began to shoot a bit late but my 25 pdr took his tank and later 1 inf gun, i moved my inf up and took some ground inside abbey including the caen vl

hottot Ghoa vs xlegione

next turn we will need a new bg here,so my goal was hold as much ground as possible; Germans have big cats, but next turn their cats will be again out of fuel; he tried a north assault, i stopped him as well as I could,the pity was my piat shot all rounds over a cat, side shoots ,45-50m, but nothing, didn't even hurt any crew of the tank; my air strike didn't cause damage either.

7A_D6H vs Mac

In juvigny i lost some men but the orders where to attack and then I did get a assault gun, an 88, and a halftrack; lost a stuart tank

In the bocage did well even without fuel. At the start I scout to the south, that was the spot to attack and in the other fronts defend. So I did that; engaged a german squad which had support from a flamer and a hertz tank killer and I had 6 inf teams (eng , 2 command squads, commando squad, rifle and piat) with the support of the croc flame tank. My 95 mm tank was out of fuel. In the end, I managed to break the line killing all and making Mac take some units from the north to reinforce there. I struck a pioneer squad near the vls and killed all, taking the vls and defend that one and
attacked the north with my 2 squads and a fly that heavily damaged his defending assault gun. I dropped mortar fire over a 88 i dont know the result of that.

Carpiquet 7A_D6H vs wruff

Hard fighting and a bad deploy, you see the result of this battle but we have better conditions for the next attack; but the germans are on the offensive so take care and take some at guns next in this battle.

In the end, Desert Rats captured Bretteville and Tilly, and advanced into Hottot, Juvigny, Carpiquet, Villers, Cristot, and Abbaye.

Last edited by 7A_Bjorn on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:43 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Nice AARs 7A,good to see.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

7A_Bjorn

Rep: 24.2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mate.

I'll try to post more for some other ops (Afrika internal op, Bastogne op, and the rest of the DAK op)

*S* Bjorn

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: