Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1229
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
chocoleibniz

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:52 pm Post subject: Playing H2H - game balance Reply with quote

Hello there,

I have read most of the threads on SDK and it's great to hear so much positive feedback. I am nearing the end of an epic Stalingrad GC H2H campaign, with 6th Army tightening the noose against the Soviets, and my opponent and I will then move swiftly onto SDK.

However, I have a question: playing as the Germans against an opponent of equal skill is it impossible to win or does the game balance allow for German victory? Or are the Russians just too numerous for even a heroic defence to ultimately prevail?

I am grateful for your thoughts and comments.

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

there should be a more balanced gc available in game for H2H, it was included in one post here sometime ago...

Indeed playing the normal GC as German is difficult but not impossible to win. I'd still recommend the "more experienced" player to go with the german side. Otherwise the campaign is one sided. Still be being gratend the possibility of cutting "uranus" forces from supply the germas have a slim chance. Even early breakout towards south is possible.

Still when u play i recommed the h2h gc included in SDK.

To brave men few words are as good as many

chocoleibniz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thansk for the response.

As you have obviously played SDK, and I presume you've played a H2H GC, can I ask you what are the main plus points of the campaign, other than the unique 'encirclement' nature of the strategic set up?

I am concerned that the Russians will have an unstoppable tide of KVs!

Also, are the number of BGs quite similar, enabling the Germans to take advantage of tactical successes or is the 6th Army restricted to fighting a defensive battle, no matter how many tactical successes they may obtain?

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

chocoleibniz wrote:
Thansk for the response.

As you have obviously played SDK, and I presume you've played a H2H GC, can I ask you what are the main plus points of the campaign, other than the unique 'encirclement' nature of the strategic set up?

- germans have lots of pioneers
- hard winter terrain -> slow movement for tanks + apc
- Both have a nice panoply of 1935-1942 weapons
- tempting scenario
- Loud battles Smile
- Axis minor Allies playable BG's

chocoleibniz wrote:

I am concerned that the Russians will have an unstoppable tide of KVs!

Even against AI KV1 are dangerous. Against Human player you should be happy with immo it. But still, nearly every squad (Germans) has an AT-rfile, so that blamming lack of AT-capability is a no go. Besides, what is more encouraging than stopping a Big Tank like KV1 with a roumanian AT-squad and then try to bomb it out with molotov cocktails?
(Id say u have a 1:10 chance of destroying it)

chocoleibniz wrote:

Also, are the number of BGs quite similar, enabling the Germans to take advantage of tactical successes or is the 6th Army restricted to fighting a defensive battle, no matter how many tactical successes they may obtain?

The BG nr. is slightly in favor of Russians, so is strenght to reflect historicity.
Well tactical success, following Clausewitz here, alters the strategical ends and vice versa. I managed to win the GC versus AI + vetmod. So this mod more than any other can reflect a different historical outcome. But as I said, againast a veteran human opponent, you have to be very lucky and skillful to archive a draw or minor victory.

DOWNLOAD IT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF Smile

To brave men few words are as good as many

chocoleibniz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, many thanks for the informative response.

My 6th Army veterans have been primed after the Stalingrad campaign, so once we finish off the last remaining Soviet positions they will prepare for a hard winter in Der Kessel.

I can't wait to play it.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: