Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:52 pm Post subject: New Drink in name of UTAH 1.3! Reply with quote

"the flaming 7 sherman's"

Shot at 2007-08-03

basically u first need to be in the mood,
play utah 1.3,Get ur opponent to set up guns( that hide in the open even after firing), and can kill 4 tanks before being seen, have all your armour destroyed in 45 seconds, and ur ready to drink!

get a large glass of coke, for coolant, get a twister shot glass, that are divided in half basically,(7 off) and mix into 1/2 baileys irish cream, the other 1/2 buttesch snapps,Zippo Up and down em' in under 45 seconds, then cool with coke...like ur Panicked tank crew into the atlantic....

for gods sake, whats this mod on? uber 88mm flax still! the guns are within meters of original placement, i killed top paK7.5cm north, and pak3.7cm middle, and french 7.5cm in middle(naval)...88 got 4 tanks, and i still only saw minutes later with surviving recon teams spotted! its madness...maybe i have turned, mad-dera?

Shot at 2007-08-03

Shot at 2007-08-04

Shot at 2007-08-03

espree de corp

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I think RD_Loki may agree with you on the strength of the Germans. We
have a fun GC going, I am German he is American. I did not fight him on the
beaches as naval barrages would of killed my guns methodically. I pulled back
and engaged him inland from day one.

The beaches are never easy. The beaches are always won by the Allies.

Tack heres my best results on the same battle vs redscorpion... The infantry
gun in pic #1 was setup to block the seawall breach. Regardless of how hard
it is for yanks to get off this map if you use that many ATGs, it is almost
impossible to disband them here. The final VL is far out in the water, and
with this tactic, the germans shouldnt have much nifantry left to finish them
off.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sand is always 'cheeetah thing' in CC - it grants good cover, mortars can't kill yer men if they run in sands (unless they hit soldier directly), guns r often invisible...if i were u i'd set smoke screen behind the stone wall and run my men toward the gun positions in sand to spot them Wink.

Still the GC is long and if u deploy all yer guns in BG on first map u'll have none v soon and the BG will be of v questionable usage after 3-4 turns (even if only NAVAL and AIR would kill 1 gun each per battle).

Anyway my idea is to get rid of beach maps as they didn't play any significant role in Utah sector....like u know start GC from the fields and hedges rite after the bunkers...anyone to make such maps?Wink

ACJL__Karain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the naval barrages will knock out guns, if the naval barrages are used on the first half of the day then they cant b used in the second half. If you pull back from the beaches asap it gives the allies a free hand to move from the map. Holding them back at the risk of high casulaties is worth the risk in my opinion while you grind down the airborne. You can still get some good exchange rates as shown with the loss of 7 shermans to 2 guns.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Those seven tanks were lost because all the ATGs were deployed. This type of kill ratio can pretty much be done only once.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:18 am Post subject: part 2 Reply with quote

i played this map again, same player, he did not head mooxe's advice, he went forward again, this time i took 2 shermans, 2 stuarts and 3 8cm morters, 1 .30 hmg(the gattling gun of utah,it killed most crew of dam 88mm) and recon, BAR infantry.

firstly a stuart got knocked out, but my opponent told me of a trick....IF any tank is well into the surf, but not deep water, guns have no ability to los or shoot, it was true! my shermans could fire at guns, but got NO hits...untill they crept forward...
end of battle, 2 flaming stuarts, 1 flaming sherman, 1 immob, BUT killed 88mm, 1 russian 76mm, and inf gun and 37mm pop gun, plus 7.5cm pak...my inf got minced by 12 or so mg's but i got to sea wall on 4 fronts, ALL germans guns gone, its neally now 1:1.25 ratio of kills. poor odds in hindsight. BUT delays me 3 turns, next my opponent stayed! on beach, but its infantry with panzerborch rifles and a few pansfaptrones( something like that) 30's(little crecks lol)

i still cant believe i done 7 shermans, any other mod , mainly gjs, id take m3 halftrucks for shields, stuarts for 'gun finding duty' then the big boys. thought i;d try to 'force' the beach day 1...wont try that again!

espree de corp

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: