Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
jdalton

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:17 pm Post subject: Ok what's the secret to beating Panzer6s or isn't there one? Reply with quote

No matter what I try I can't find a way. Is it impossible?

Enjoying the BoB mod immensely,

challenged newbie.

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

? Panzers in BOB have a life spam like flies... The only tough nuts are Tiger II and JS II... on close range even pzfaust (20m) cracks them

To brave men few words are as good as many

Searry

Rep: 3.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean Panzerkampfwagen VI E or VIB?

jdalton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:03 am Post subject: Wreizen with the 6B on a hill: fee massages??? Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the help. I should have been clearer.

Umm, yeah I meant the Pzkpfw 6B, and in the Wreizen scenario playing the AI it sits on the hill in the middle at least 60m from cover.

The Russians have only 2 Assault pioneer teams and 1 heavy recon, which between them have 2 panzerfausts and 1 rocket. So the odds are very low on taking out the tank.

Or a I missing something, like should I lure the tank into the buildings with a promise of free back massages for the crew <g>.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:42 am Post subject: ok Reply with quote

so, were talking about a king tiger, and against russians, CCIII,CCV?

i need the game/mod details, maybe maps, king tigers r difficult, a pair of JSII,4 t34/85 at angles to flank, or russian flamer teams under 60M,the 57mm ATG has a chance under 300M,mostly side shots, the 100mm ATG is most likely to kill king tiger.

espree de corp

Mr_Nuke

Rep: 5.7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In CC3 Panzer VIB's are though nuts, in CC4 or CC5 Ardennes mods too (even if 76mm shermans can help), but in CC5 BoB they aren't that invincible.

I explain why: Russians have superiority in numbers, including tanks, so in the campaign playing a war of attrition pays sooner or later. Of course, minimizing your losses and gaining experience is always good, but less important than in other mods IMO.

And my best advice would be to use a pair of T34-85s or possibly a T34-85 coupled with a JSII. The T34-85s have a good gun (with a good reload time too) and good mobility, contrary to the Panzer 6 that possesses an excellent gun but is really slow. So hit and run tactics must work.
The JSII has an excellent gun (I killed some Panzer VIB's and Panzer V's at 500m at first shot...) and good armour, but is slow too, and worse, has a slow reload time. Of course, it's still an useful weapon, but not the best choice in this case IMO.
Of course, in the defence, 100mm guns (AT ot SU's) are a good choice, but in attack or meeting engagement I personnaly prefer tanks.

Well, I think Panthers are far more dangerous because of their better mobility. The Seelow Heights map makes me nightmares, and the only way I have of often to grind them down a bit (at the price of horrible losses), then to fall back on the town where heavy infantry and artillery can do real damage, while cutting them from supplies with my other battlegroups that usually progress at a good pace.

Don't forget to use these SU76's in cramped places too! OK, they're very lightly armoured but their gun is good to kill medium tanks, and good to kill infantry too, and they have excellent mobility. They are my preferred weapon to support infantry in forested areas and in town. Some infantry with light Mgs or engineers teams and a SU76 can be a killer team in towns.

Gott ist tot!

jdalton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, getting closer to an answer. But in the default setting of CC5 BoB Wreizen scenario, there are NO good Russian tanks- just 3 assault guns- GV SU100s, which do little damage to the Pzkpfw 6B.

So it sounds like there's basically no realistic way to win unless the Pzkpfw 6B is in the town and you can get the Russian flamethrower or panzerfaust within 20 m.

Thanks for the info.
Its a fantastic game. i'm still hooked.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 pm Post subject: king tiger Reply with quote

su100 are about the best available tanks! only tank better is ISU122, JSII and JSIII(cc3 original only).

su100 needs a side deflection, or 'hit and run' tactics, or use 2 or more at once. tiger always reload faster, so 'shoot and scoot' even a t34/85 can take a tiger if its turrent is around, or side shots, u just need enough of em!

espree de corp

Mr_Nuke

Rep: 5.7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem of these SU's are the lack of turret. So it's better to hide them in a place with good cover and from where they can retreat fast to a secure place.
Always check LOS and use "sneak" to retreat to the protected place, and use smoke or infantry (or even an AT gun of lower caliber) to distract the Panzers if necessary!

Maybe assault in a covered place where you infantry can gain terrain while not being exposed a lot to tank fire, and attract their tanks in open spaces or defilades where hidden SU-100s wait for the kill.

As ANZAC noted, it's not only a question of weapons, but a question of tactics too.
Add that in the BoB maps, the distances in open terrain aren't that big usually and there are numerous places to hide your guns. (Unlike some CC3 maps where you can rule the map with one Ferdinand and one Panther or so...)

Gott ist tot!

jdalton

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks Anzac-tack and Mr Nuke. Very helpful.

With these ideas I've managed to win now in the town area, and will try the tank tactics suggested. They make sense.

CC5- just too much fun.

John D

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Battle of Berlin

Jump to: