Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
bexx76

Rep: 38.5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:45 pm Post subject: cfgv13 and vista Reply with quote

hi all, i have a prob, i have installed ccv in a pc with vista, changed compatibility for ccv, installed patch5.1a, changed compatibility of config manager, created a "videos" folder, now the game work fine, but i have a prob using cfgv13:
when i try to install gjs the installation failed and appear a message error that say that pc is unable to change cc5.exe....... ERROR-5
someone know about this and can help me? thx u

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:42 am Post subject: have u tried Reply with quote

compatibility moad?

right click on CCV.exe, config manager, click on properties/compability, click everything to Win98.
CCV will work better also.

i have Vista Home Premium 32 bit, and also gamespy is a problem, u need to use a special page, search help/faq forums here for how to get around it.

I played CCV online,swaped mods fine with vista.

i heard there is a sp1 patch out for vista, NOT with auto update, its like a beta,go to microcock's main page, search for patch. helps with drivers im told.

espree de corp

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem.

failed to copy system\packages\gjsv44\CC5.exe to C:\program files\SSI\Close combat invasion normandy\CC5.exe (error code =5)

it happens even when compability mode is set to win98 on cc5 and cfgmanager

CC5 5.01 works tho, so there cant be a big issue. im gonna try installing the mods manually if no one has any idea, perhaps it will do the trick

Ceci tuera cela

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

RedScorpion wrote:
i have the same problem.

failed to copy system\packages\gjsv44\CC5.exe to C:\program files\SSI\Close combat invasion normandy\CC5.exe (error code =5)

it happens even when compability mode is set to win98 on cc5 and cfgmanager

CC5 5.01 works tho, so there cant be a big issue. im gonna try installing the mods manually if no one has any idea, perhaps it will do the trick

We need to find out how to allow to place shortcuts into folders in vista, cause it doesnt, and such the cc5.exe file isnt allowed into the program files folder. what you can do is to install all manually and then remove the initial exe and copy paste the new one in. gets the frickin game running anyway.

Ceci tuera cela

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In the properties box

can you choose to run CFGv13.exe as administrator

http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Security/uac.aspx
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Schrecken thanks alot. Works fine now.

So to all, simply choose to run the Cfg manager as an administrator and there wont be a problem with the install.
As far as GS is concerned it appears its not supporting Vista yet, but I heard one can follow a buddy into the lobbies.

Anyway, anyone knows if there is a way to bring back the multiplayer section of CC5, as of now all the buttons are lost. Is there a security feature in Vista that could block them?!

Ceci tuera cela

bini

Rep: 5.5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:44 am Post subject: 'error code=5' Reply with quote

works fine now thank u

Chym

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

RedScorpion wrote:

Anyway, anyone knows if there is a way to bring back the multiplayer section of CC5, as of now all the buttons are lost. Is there a security feature in Vista that could block them?!

is there any news about this problem of multiplayers screen which is not appearing with Vista?

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:52 am Post subject: m Reply with quote

your the second person to say its dissapeared from ccv with vista,

I used Vista for cc5(at gamespy)/coi/ccmt at BHQ and no problems.

bacause i dont use hamachi really, or tcp/udp connect, i never looked.just gamespy,i had to use a special link to open CCV gameplay room,make ccv.exe win98 compatible. Play...

espree de corp

towo

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:33 am Post subject: Yes, multiplayer buttons from cc4 disappear on vista and xp Reply with quote

We're trying to play h2h with cc4 and have the same problem that a variety of b uttons are not visible on the multiplayer screen.
Funnily enough, my friend with xp sees 'modem' and 'serial' buttons, but not tcp or udp. I don't see any buttons at all on my vista.

I understand firewalls quite well and our network connection should not be any problem. Both machines run cc4 fine against AI.

Thanks for any tips.

- Towo

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

try running you game in win98 compatibility mode

Also tick "run as Administrator"

this seems to get things working
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

towo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried several different compatibility modes and have also used the 'run as admin', but it has not helped. I will keep trying variations, but it seems I have a rare problem.

- Towo

towo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:10 am Post subject: problem solved - solution unclear Reply with quote

I have buttons now, and expect things to proceed well from here, at least on my Vista.
However, I can't really say what was the actual fix. I just shuffled through many different compatibility options and modes in random order.

The one that finally worked was XP SP2 compatibility mode.
Now I will see if I can fix my friends XP somehow..

- Towo

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

great work.

Keep at it and post your final results.

cheers

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: