Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1239
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
amiralanal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:03 pm Post subject: Strategic map question Reply with quote

I am currently playing the Grand campaign as a german.

How many american tankbattlegroups are they? I have defeated the american tanks on the northern flank more than 10 times, and i mostly get total victories, wich forces the enemys battlegroup to disband. But they just keep coming. When will i win?

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The forcepool structure for CCIV is quite different than for CCV. Zeppo9 explained it this way in his BGEDIT program:

Quote:
CC4 and CC5

Force Pools are implemented differently in CC4 vs. CC5, and this impacts how BGEdit is to be used. In CC4, battlegroups are reinforced each day from the force pool quantities for the current date. As a result, customized changes to force pools must be replicated across all dates so that the desired teams will be available each day. Typically one will manually edit the force pools for one date only, for example Date=0, and then replicate the force pool for Date=0 across all other dates.

While quantities in CC4 are per day quantities, a turn allocates 1/2 day of time. CC4 automatically reserves teams and will often withhold teams on the first turn of the day if teams are in short supply. As a result, a quantity=1 may not cause a team to appear on the first turn of a day because CC4 may reserve the team for the second turn. Allocating a quantity of 3 for each team slot requiring that team usually guarantees that the team will be available for both turns. In CC5, with one exception, force pools are not reinforced, and their quantities for the entire compaign are established by Date=0 values. The force pool quatities for Dates > 0 do not appear to be used for the Grand Campaign, but rather appear to be used for battles and operations beginning on a date other than Date=0. The one exception is that the Allied player is allowed one reinforcement, but this reinforcement appears to be done from Date=0 values. So in CC5, the Date=0 quantities appear to be the only relevant values for a Grand Campaign starting on June 6th.

In CC4, teams in the force pool are allocated to team slots in the battlegroup by the computer. It is very important in CC4 that team types in the battlegroups and teams in the force pools be compatible. If a team type does not have a compatible team avaiable in the force pool, the computer may leave the team slot empty at time of battle. Therefore when editing teams in CC4, one must be mindful of the team types in the battgroup.

On the other hand, in CC5, team types in the BG are not important and the player may manually insert any team from the force pool into a given team slot. So attention to BG-force pool relations when editing in CC5 is not important.

Lastly, in CC4 multiple BG's share the same force pool. In CC5, each BG has its own force pool. In CC4 changes made to a given force pool will become apparent when displaying other BG's sharing the same force pool. Secondly, calculating quantities in sufficient supply is more complicated in CC4 because multiple battlegroups can share a force pool.

Confused? Don't worry, you're not alone.

The vehicles and guns draw from two Forcepools and one Forcepool repectively, for both the Allies and Germans. You may not notice that individual Battlegoups are getting weaker, but the Forcepool itself is being reduced. Hang in there!

Cheers

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="yukongold"]The forcepool structure for CCIV is quite different than for CCV. Zeppo9 explained it this way in his BGEDIT program:

Quote:
CC4 and CC5

The one exception is that the Allied player is allowed one reinforcement, but this reinforcement appears to be done from Date=0 values. So in CC5, the Date=0 quantities appear to be the only relevant values for a Grand Campaign starting on June 6th.

I think Zeppo9 is wrong on the CC5 reinforcement option using Date 0 values as reinforcing an airborne BG in GJS will get the BG's additional and heavier squads to choose from BG compared to the BG's starting squads.

The only way I can see it working the way Zeppo9 described for reinforcement is if in GJS the starting date for the mod is not date 0. Anyone else have opinions on how reinforcement works in CC5?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what his question is................

Is why do I keep seeing these BG's re-appear when I have already killed/defeated them.

He will win when he has done better than his historical counter parts.
He will "not" however be able to keep BG's from re-appearing during the Grand Campaign.

The stock game only lists the same ole Bg over and over again.
TT's VETBoB replaces the commander picture with a better discription as to who is fighting when.
TT's mod (nor anybody elses)can't keep the BG's from re-appearingas they keep comming back on the supply deopts (or closest map according to the manual which I have never tested to be sure it was accurate) but he does explain who is fighting when.
Thus the reason why you get Brits and Brittish tanks later on during the GC.

What Yukongold is trying to explain is how the Force Pools are shared in CCIV and then for some unknown reason someone let a CCV troll in the door Smile (Sorry Tejszd I couldnt resist)
There is a very nice answer to what BG shares Force Poolsl within Zeppos tool for CCIV.

But thats another subject.

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe, I never thought of Tejszd as a CCV troll before.

Quote:
The only way I can see it working the way Zeppo9 described for reinforcement is if in GJS the starting date for the mod is not date 0. Anyone else have opinions on how reinforcement works in CC5?

I think that would make a good discussion........perhaps in the modding forum? I'm not familiar enough with the CCV forcepool structure to comment, but I'm sure others would weigh in.

cheers

seeseefor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:07 am Post subject: RE: GC USA Tank BG's Reply with quote

There are 5 American tank battlegroups that appear in the Grand Campaign, as opposed to only 4 German tank BGs. The 5 American ones are: 7th Armored, 9th Armored, 10th Armored, and then Patton's two groups, the 4th Armored CCA (Combat Command "A") and 4th Armored CCB Heavy Tank BGs.

The 7th Armored tries to reconstitute at Stavelot (unless occupied by another American BG). Both 4th Armored, and I believe the 10th Armored try to reconstitute at Clochimont, on the bottom left of the map. I am not sure where the 9th reconstitutes.

As the forcepool for tanks begins to shrink, you should notice that the original tank types begin to disappear and be replaced by others. E.g. Wolverine tank killers replaced by Hellcat tank killers. The Priest 105's also disappear, as do the Stuarts. I've never had to go that long in a GC to see Shermans disappearing, so I can't tell you if that happens and what replaces them.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

Jump to: