Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1229
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
VDV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:03 am Post subject: Combat Journals of Soviet units at Stalingrad Reply with quote

The following original combat journals of Soviet units at Stalingrad are available for sale:

13 Guards Rifle Division Combat Journal

Daily entries cover period from September 15, 1942 to January 15, 1943

77 pages typed Russian text (no maps)

42 Rifle Brigade Combat Journal

Daily entries covering period of Sept. 10, 1942 - Feb. 5, 1943

34 pages handwritten Russian text (No maps)

112 Rifle Division Combat Journal

Daily entries cover period from September 1, 1942 to October 20, 1942

49 pages handwritten Russian text (including 8 maps)

284 Rifle Division Combat Journal

Daily entries cover period of Sept. 16, 1942 - Feb. 1, 1943

77 pages handwritten/typed Russian text (including 5 maps)

308 Rifle Division Combat Journal

Daily entries cover period from from September 30, 1942 to November 4, 1942

34 pages handwritten Russian text (no maps)

Sample pages of the journals can be seen here:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=94895

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=96886

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=97637

Anyone interested contact me at sergei [at] idcomm [dot] com

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

are they originals or copys of ?

"percute et percute velociter"

VDV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The originals cannot be obtained because they are the property of the Defense Ministry Archive. They're xerox copies of the originals.

Ernie_M

Rep: 37.4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:34 pm Post subject: Russian Diaries Reply with quote

WOW...just what I always wanted.
To WASTE money on CRAP that I
I can't even read!!!

Rolling Eyes

Blackstump

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

well i would love to read it thats not a prob, plenty in this community, would translate, but parting with the hard earned is my prob.

Ernie_M

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:20 pm Post subject: Yea, what a bargin Reply with quote

Xerox copies of the originals.......
Yea, I bet they look terrific!
Blurry, censored, etc.

You probably can't read the doc's let
alone translate them...Anyone who falls
for this SCAM is wasting his money.
There is enought known about the
Russian front, you don't need to waste
your time and money on stories that can't be
corroborated...

Also, I'm going to be politically INCORRECT
now....I don't trust that generation of Russians
and DON'T give a FART on what they have to
say..They deserved exactly what they got from
the Germans....

Laughing

Blackstump

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

quite possibly ernie... on the other hand , i dont think u can ever know enough about anything, and an original combat journal would doubtlessly be a gritty story. The few ive read have been quite sterile of emotion and gloss.... more facts and figures..... of course paying for it is beyond the pale, however maybe our capitalist friend is a student of history, and will gladly supply his new friends with an important part of our education for free !!

Ernie_M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:21 pm Post subject: Russian Doc's Reply with quote

Hello Blackstump,

Your a very level headed guy, not a HOT HEAD like
me....I admire that and your point is well taken.

But allow me to repeat...I DON'T give a F#%!
about what those so called Allies have to say.
Their Filthy, Degenerate, Lying, Backstabing leader
Stalin was a SCUMBAG Coward who made Hitler
look like a "Boy Scout"..(If you know what I mean)
I't's a damn shame that he wasn't assainated prior
to the war.

Do you remember what happened prior to 39'?
That Flithy Lame ASS DOG made a pact with Germany,
after which he commited genocide on the Poles.

Ike was right when he let the Russians take Berlin.
They suffered over a half million casualties as I
understand.....by so called "OLD men & BOYS...
They went storming in with Tanks without infantry
support and got their ASSES kicked in the begining.
Now that was brilliant.

Laughing

If I remember correctly appx. 10 Million Russians
were killed during the WAR. Had the Allies not
got involved, it would have been more like 100
million.

After the war, they showed their "True Colors".
The Lying, Low life, F@#$%&*! SCUMBAGS
turned on us like Churchhill predicted.
He knew they were, ungreatfull, degenerate
Rat scum and NOT to be trusted....

Let me stop here because the other things that
I'd like to say would probably be censored..

Besides, history speaks for itself..

VDV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, all the text in the journals is in it's original form - fully visible and readable and at high resolution (300 dpi). There is no editing or censoring of any sort.

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernie_M: You don´t have an idea of wath you are talking about, yo can´t compare the easrern front with the western front. Shut up please

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Ryz

Rep: 13.9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

id rather see "true colors" upfront than have it be sensored and modified. Good job Ernie.
View user's profile Send private message MySpace Profile: Ask+for+google,+and+Skype+names

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryz wrote:
id rather see "true colors" upfront than have it be sensored and modified. Good job Ernie.

What this means?
If you dont have an historical knolodge you must not give opinions on historical subjects. Have you two took the time to read a Russian author history book? Or you think is all sensored and its all comunist propaganda?

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

socrates

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernie you truly are a product of the modern age. You're views are as idealist as they are zealously excliamed. The running of any state on this planet requires suffering of some kind. You only have to look at Iraq and the countless innocent women and children killed in you're name so that you can drive a big shiney SUV filled with blood tainted petroleum. Or the pregnant women and children force fed meth-amphetimine in the sweat shops so you can have your designer clothes. The only difference today is the distance between our noses and our s**t.
I'm not defending Stalin who was a horrible bastard make no mistake. But to run a large and culturally diverse state requires brutality. Even if we wished it wasn't modern day China is run in much the same way. Our leaders have no problem dealing with them or even giving them the olympics.
And why are you so angry about the atrocitys commited on Russian people when in your opening statement you say you don't care about them or what they have to say.
Ernie you are a windbag, empty but for lots of hot air.
Perhaps you would like to settle this matter like men on the battlefields of Stalingrad? Bitch!

Monkey see monkey do

socrates

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

And all this talk of truth and censorship. Jesus people, how much of what you read in the newspapers and see on tv do you think is true.
If you're American then your media is probably just as full of crap as it was in Stalin's Russia. And the Brittish news isn't much better. The only truth we hear is always 50 years old.
To prove this just try watching the news or reading the papers from 3 different countries and look at the differences.
Moreover what we hear is always tainted by opinion. Our media tells us what to feel about the information they just gave us.
And I'm sick of this hollywood idea that America is the "good guys" If I was to list Americas atrocitys for just the last ten years I'd probably fill a library. You guys get round international treatys on human rights by setting up "torture camps" in other countries. The human rights violations in guantanamo bay are the tip of the iceberg. The CIA have funded just about every fascist dictator around at one time or another. And when Saddam Hussain fired gas shells at Kurdish civilians who do you think sold him the gas? America of course silly.
WAKE UP

Monkey see monkey do

Ryz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i am glad my sarcasm got through.
View user's profile Send private message MySpace Profile: Ask+for+google,+and+Skype+names

veers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with Ernie at some point- Stalinists signed a Ribentrop- Molotov pact with the nazis, and in it's secret protocols (shown to the public about 1990) they partitioned Poland, a country allied with GB and France. Both regimes supported each other (before the war, germans tested their tanks and tactics in russia) almost untill Fall Barbarossa; former high-ranking GRU officer, Victor Suvorov claims (in a book named "Icebreaker") that Hitler's attack came no more than week before planned Russian assault.
But back to Stalin's crimes. I'm a Pole and I know quite a lot about soviet understanding of freedom- two of my granfathers were murdered by NKVD in 1940, along with about 24.000 other Polish POWs. They were killed with a single shot in the back of the head and then burried in hidden mass graves because communists decided that officers, university graduates and a handfull of priests were a threat to their rule in the commie- ocupied part of Poland. My gandma along with her mother, sister and a year old brother were sent to Syberia (just like many thousands other Poles) where they were fighting to stay alive for 4 long years and then it took them a year to come back to Poland. Most of those sent to Syberia never came back- thousands died of hunger and frost, some weren't allowed to go , and even nowdays there are towns in Russia populated mostly by descendants Poles.
In July 1944 Russians encouraged Poles to start an uprising against nazis, but when the Warsaw Uprising begn, they halted their advance on that part of front after reaching Vistula river bank, and then watched as Germans exterminated our capital's population (over 200.000 casaulties, mostly civilians). Poles lacked ammunition, some were unarmed, germans on the other hand hand tanks, planes and heaviest artilery (including Karl Moser); the fightings lasted over 2 months, during that time polish resistance asked for desperatly needed suply drops and support they were told to recive after uprising begins- Stalin ignored them, while the allies couldn't send their planes from Italy, because Russians refused to let them land on their airfields to refuel. When Warsaw's fate was sealed, Russians finally allowed US and British planes to use their airfields, they also sent a couple transport planes to drop the suplies, but they didn't attach any parachutes to the containers, so after a descent from hundreds of meters, their load was useless anyway. Warsaw Uprising ended in early October, afterwards, Germans razed the city to the grund, and sent it's surviving inhabitants to prison camp in the nearby town of Pruszkow.

I could write like this for hours, but I think it's enough to show the true face of Uncle Joe and his minions- he wasn't better than Hitler, prolly just a bit smarter.

Ryz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

veers wrote:
I must agree with Ernie at some point- Stalinists signed a Ribentrop- Molotov pact with the nazis, and in it's secret protocols (shown to the public about 1990) they partitioned Poland, a country allied with GB and France. Both regimes supported each other (before the war, germans tested their tanks and tactics in russia) almost untill Fall Barbarossa; former high-ranking GRU officer, Victor Suvorov claims (in a book named "Icebreaker") that Hitler's attack came no more than week before planned Russian assault.
But back to Stalin's crimes. I'm a Pole and I know quite a lot about soviet understanding of freedom- two of my granfathers were murdered by NKVD in 1940, along with about 24.000 other Polish POWs. They were killed with a single shot in the back of the head and then burried in hidden mass graves because communists decided that officers, university graduates and a handfull of priests were a threat to their rule in the commie- ocupied part of Poland. My gandma along with her mother, sister and a year old brother were sent to Syberia (just like many thousands other Poles) where they were fighting to stay alive for 4 long years and then it took them a year to come back to Poland. Most of those sent to Syberia never came back- thousands died of hunger and frost, some weren't allowed to go , and even nowdays there are towns in Russia populated mostly by descendants Poles.
In July 1944 Russians encouraged Poles to start an uprising against nazis, but when the Warsaw Uprising begn, they halted their advance on that part of front after reaching Vistula river bank, and then watched as Germans exterminated our capital's population (over 200.000 casaulties, mostly civilians). Poles lacked ammunition, some were unarmed, germans on the other hand hand tanks, planes and heaviest artilery (including Karl Moser); the fightings lasted over 2 months, during that time polish resistance asked for desperatly needed suply drops and support they were told to recive after uprising begins- Stalin ignored them, while the allies couldn't send their planes from Italy, because Russians refused to let them land on their airfields to refuel. When Warsaw's fate was sealed, Russians finally allowed US and British planes to use their airfields, they also sent a couple transport planes to drop the suplies, but they didn't attach any parachutes to the containers, so after a descent from hundreds of meters, their load was useless anyway. Warsaw Uprising ended in early October, afterwards, Germans razed the city to the grund, and sent it's surviving inhabitants to prison camp in the nearby town of Pruszkow.

I could write like this for hours, but I think it's enough to show the true face of Uncle Joe and his minions- he wasn't better than Hitler, prolly just a bit smarter.

Very shallow description of history.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: