Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm

Who play Single H2H nowdays? Can we go back to it?

I thought all play has been OP and GC for years now.

I guess play a 5v5 may be cool, if one fined 10 players that is. But single game one map, game over - good by...

mmm To play GC is a story wrighting, sort of, I have hard time imagen leaving that for single games.

Or?

Stalk

PS: if it had OP/GC i would run to buy it... Not for modern war Sad , but for WW2 mods..

Mistmatz

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote:

PS: if it had OP/GC i would run to buy it... Not for modern war Sad , but for WW2 mods..

Exactely what I was thinking. Smile

Seems we need to wait for the next logical step which is combine the OP/GC of CC5 with the MP capability and larger maps of CCMT. Unfortunately the OP/GC aspect is probably not much required by the customers from the military, just the gamers need that.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The lack of a single player game per say and no campaign/operation layer are steps backward

There is single player game. The only thing that does not exist are campaigns.

But I have thought that you can join 10 maps from CC2 on one unique CCMT map.

If you want mod it, Senior_Drill on CSO forum have put one CCMTWorkbook with all the information on base file columns and many more things.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Firefox & Matz

No I can’t see a reason to mod it for my self. As I regard it most as a game and in a game I want the GC, as its sort a “long story wrighting” that offer me a long term thinking and the household of the BGs, in long term. This is what is the most appealing in CC to me together with the good soldier behaviour.

Ripp out the GC and the only thing I have is good soldier behaviour, and at the end of battle nothing left.

This type of one map battle also give a less realistic thinking as a commander. What I mean? Well, one don’t take care of soldiers in same manner when its just a one time one map game, EXIT.
When one play GC one get more attached as its long term, and I do believe that type of thinking also reflect the way a commander in reality thinks, he deal of cause with real life’s, thus think a bit conserving, after the battle he’s accountable for the losses, and must justify em for him self and maybe to his superior.
One game one map doesn’t offer that as there are no long term penalty for future play, its all “go to 10”.

I dont get it, even CC1 had the GC.

Stalk

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, there isn’t really a single player “game”, just single player battles. There is no carrying over of anything from one battle to another (ex. no experience, health, medals, kills, etc.). No point in saving anyone in the current battle....

But some really good single battles could be made using our favorite mods; for example l all the GJS beach maps could be combined together and there could be multiple allied players storming the beach against 1 German player. In addition to the numbers the Allied player(s) could also have lots of air and naval support as its not limited to 1 per battle in CCMT like CC3/4/5.

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point there Stalky! But I also would give the idea of multiple CC2 maps in one CCMT map a try. More players means more troops which could need more room to maneuver. Let's see what the community comes up with. I see it just as a different way to play CC. I also like the old style, but I'm not reluctant to give CCMT a try as it is not that expensive (although it is not that feature-rich).
Especially, if not at all, the new H2H capabilities make it interesting for me.

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

Mistmatz

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote:
Agreed, there isn’t really a single player “game”, just single player battles. There is no carrying over of anything from one battle to another (ex. no experience, health, medals, kills, etc.). No point in saving anyone in the current battle....

But some really good single battles could be made using our favorite mods; for example l all the GJS beach maps could be combined together and there could be multiple allied players storming the beach against 1 German player. In addition to the numbers the Allied player(s) could also have lots of air and naval support as its not limited to 1 per battle in CCMT like CC3/4/5.

I agree, the MP experience might be interesting despite the fact there will be no carry over.
Anyone already has some experience how this is handled, in a 5vs5? Would that mean up to 5+5*15 = 150 groups on the map? Given the bigger map size I believe this might be very well possible.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, each player gets up to 15 squads/vehicles so that would be 10 * 15 for up to 150 squads/vehicles on a map.

Imagine if each team was 10 men * 150 squads = 1,500 men involved in the battle!

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the reason behind releasing this game.
I can only assume it was something they could push out the door quick to make a buck.

The whole 5X5 thing is cool but honestly that should have been done with CCV to really mean anything to CC fans.

So we have 2 releases:
COI: A re-release with no GC or Ops.
and now CCMT with no GC or Ops.

And from what I have read here the next runner up is CCLN which will cover a huge time frame of the USMC?

How can you have a decient GC with that?

Looks to me (by the going trend) what we have is a bunch of die hard CCIII fans making there dream come true...............

Not ours.

I havent played online in years but I do know I "TOTALY" enjoyed my H2H games with my friends online.

I couldnt wait to get home to play then Platoon_Knight in our GC
And then the whole team GC's with the AA Clan............
Those were awsome.

It's a shame the people in charge of CC now didnt play any of those,otherwise they would understand.

Edit:
To go with that
I personally wouldnt buy any game in hopes that someone like TT,Atilla,Dom,Manoi would come back and mod it into something thats great to play.

And whos really gonna make those huge maps "painted by hand"
(I love that part in the selling aspect of CCMT)

We can't mention a map making program or that dumb ass Subfkle will have a hissy fit.
Remember boys and girls "He's a mapper" even though we see none of his maps in a worth while mod.

yea i'm angry...........and you will be too when you fork over money for a game only to find a few months down the road you can't find anyone to play against.
And you've waited as long as some of us have to get a new CC.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote:

Looks to me (by the going trend) what we have is a bunch of die hard CCIII fans making there dream come true...............

Not ours.

Can't really argue with you there as I thought the same thing when I saw who was all was involved with COI/Simtek. But some of those people have left since COI so maybe us CC4/5 fans might have a bit more influence. But the proof will be in what Simtek does next, they said they would do CC2/4/5 along with CC3, so lets see if they do and then see how much effort is put....

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so angry PFC?

You and everyone else has known for months what CCMT was and what CCMT was not.

I may be worng here, but doesn't COI have both GC and Ops...not CC4 or CC5 sytle, but the same linear style that CC3 had?

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:

You and everyone else has known for months what CCMT was and what CCMT was not.

From all the stats I keep and keep up on at CCS.... I can say that between 80-95% of the almost 20,000 people who registered here play the majority of thier games in single player mode only. Considering numbers were thrown around years ago about the high sales rate of CC3, and recently COI, from both thier lack of online players we have two great indications here of what people want. They want a single player game with a continuing battle.

So everyone knew what CCMT was not going to be right? Well in my books that just makes everyone guilty of releasing a highly inferior Close Combat.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Vman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Good I have started one 1944 WWII for CCMT today, I have not named it by the moment but I think that I can have some for play on few days.

How about another Star Wars mod? Very Happy
I really liked your mod for CCV, I hope you consider updating it. I saw some new screenshots on the screenshot page of maps that aren't included in the download from this site, what's up with that?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very annoying to have wished and waited for years for either a "patch" for CCV or even better a new CC only to see these types of games being produced.

I think the lack of positive posts proves that too.
Looked at the Matrix forums lately?

Pretty slow for a new release.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the first shot from a new vehicle on CCMT, one sherman 76.
[IMG][/IMG]
I wait have a alpha version on few days.

PD: Icon and vehicle graphics will be different on end version.

Quote:
How about another Star Wars mod?

It can be possible, I have 20 SW new maps done with Blitzkrieg 2 map editor, I made them as Empire at War land maps.

Lately I have been making a complete mod for SW Empire at War Forces of Corruption named Alliance and thanks to it I can make one new SW mod with more units and vehicles. On special because Alliance is the mod from EAW with more different units.

Quote:
It's very annoying to have wished and waited for years for either a "patch" for CCV or even better a new CC only to see these types of games being produced.

I see all you too negative, be positive, CSO Simtek only have the rights to release new Close Combat game from a year or a bit more and we have seen one CC3 upgrade and the CCMT, I think that with pacience we can see one CC5 upgrade and new CC6 but we must wait.

About CCMT, what CC game let 5vs5 multiplayers games? and it is not too expensive. I think that it is only a multiplayer game, as Tejszd has told we can see 1500 men on one map.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:54 am Post subject: nomada! Reply with quote

i'm just about drouling over WWII units on 5 beaches!

now thats FUN!

espree de corp

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If they could somehow edit CCMT to allow battles to carry over from one to the next, then we DO have an Op in hand. With these maps being so large, its basically several maps melded together which is equivalent to a small op.

But again, without the ability to carry a battle on to subsequent turns it doesn't serve much purpose.

From a single player standpoint, the Maps are so large that it is almost impossible to attack into an occupied map and take it without rushing your forces in a risky manner. So you have to have massive superiority in units/arms and/or you have to play a 60 min battle to accomplish it. Also WHERE are the VL's???

Now I do realize that this is called Modern Tactics for a reason and maybe we need to learn to evolve from our WWII way of doing things. So tactics will change to account for new weapons and mobility.

I am trying to keep an open mind about this and find the joys in playing this game BUT I am fairly disappointed that there is no GC/OP or ongoing battle capabity available. Even if we could carry over between battles on the same map, it would run like a small op and that would be ONE small improvement.

Here's hoping that we don' t have to wait another 7 years.

Note - I did buy the game and am enjoying exploring its capabilities.

One question, which version of CC has a bigger fan following? CCIII or CCV? My belief, and I could be wrong, is that CCV is more widely played on both a single and multiplayer fashion. If that's true (which I admittedly don't know for a fact) then why is there a focus on releasing CCIII format based games?

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen one thing from CCMT that nobody has told, it is the snow maps, on snow maps infantry and vehicles have winter cammo. I think that it is fantastic.

And about game I do not see it as the new CC that all we wait, it is a CCM with all problems fixed and it can be mod easy, I was trying mod CCM for months and I could not but now.........be prepare because I do not go to fail again.Wink

And yes maps are probably too big to play on one battle but this game was not done thinking on single player games, it is a 5vs5 multiplayer games and you can transport your units on vehicles, it can make the fight faster.

And I have been thinking and probably I will make one new SW mod on it on a future because it is perfect, on one SW mod we do not need a strategic map, campaign or something more, only big maps, now I can hear a Republic LAAT gunship making a pass over the enemy (as the Apache helicopter) or one ATAT transporting assault troops, yes the mod will have Imperial and old Republic units, and separatist droids, I can add them without problems, I have graphics and all prepare to it. But first I will add one WWII mod for all you.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize CCMT was made for multiplayer BUT since we are unable to continue a battle on a subsequent turn, that's a considerable limitation.

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand about the GC issue...that's why CC2 and CC5 are my favorites. That being said, no GC doesn't really bother me, because I never play more than 1 or 2 battles at a time. It becomes so disjointed, that I don't even feel like I am in a campaign because it takes me a year to complete it. When you only have perhaps an hour at most to battle, like me, the GC becomes less of an issue. But I understand that alot of people out there have a lot more free time than me also.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: