Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
AlexandreDR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:14 am Post subject: Tips against german infantry Reply with quote

Hello,

I just started to enjoy GJS after rediscovering CC5 in my drawer early this year. I used to play CC2, CC3 and CC5 quite a lot. I have one issue on GJS: German Infantry. I have a really hard time to kill them, the IA seems to fanatize them all the time, Twisted Evil !

I have no big difficulty in cities or when lining armour support. Main issue is on open maps while lining up my Airborne troops (no armour). I tend to use 2-4 AT Guns as the German Panzers abound in GJS. Rest of my troops: 3 leaders, 1 mortar 3 inch and lots of Rifles+Brens.

Is there anything wrong with this mix? Are the mortars less powerful in GJS? Is there any tricks or tips you wanna share?

Also, I have difficulties with the Holwitzer on maps with "corn fields". I just cannot have a red dot on sneaking german troops. Is that a bug? Right now I aim a bit ahead of their movement with a brown dot, is there a better way to handle this?

I am asking this as there is a "corn field" in Ranville containing the victory site called "Landing site" I lost 3 full units of BRENS supported by a AT6 pdr (also lost) and a Holwitzer against 3 Vet Grenadiers - bloody H"ll there were only half depleted). Rolling Eyes

Thanks guys for sharing the knowledge and congrats to the community for such a high quality project!

Cheers Smile

bkp_mik

Rep: 3.6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortar support is a good idea. Maybe 2 mortars instead of 1, gives you more time of suppresion.
If playing AB - take Vickers, great mg.
When fighting on corn fields - you wont get direct los on crawling infantry. Need to use Howitzer's indirect fire on the spots near to germans, like placing a fire dot between gerries (not only before them crawling). Chance to kill some with indirect fire and suppresses them so that your inf could attack and destroy them. So use guns and mortars to suppress and infantry to kill suppresed enemy, thats my idea.

AlexandreDR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:01 pm Post subject: Thanks for the comments Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, I ll try it. Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

Jump to: