Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
AG81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:12 am Post subject: New Mod Under Development Reply with quote

Due to my opinion that to most CC-ers news about every new mod have sweet taste...this forum is for keeping you updated about progress.
Starting date: yesterday. End date: we all know how it goes. I waited 2008 for announcement - think that saved me a year of modmaking Wink
An appeal to all experienced mod makers - if you have some written tricks, personall how-to s, map-making procedures, advices and so on, please send. For atachments: alengegac [at] yahoo [dot] com

For now, we (Mochocho and me) are working on The Battle of Vukowar, a modern mod without Uber-mega-superior military equipment, with DerKessel-like atmosphere of horror, pathos & thanatos. Volga replaced with Danube(Dunav).

Subtitle of this mod would be "Armour Graveyard". As it was, defenders suceeded to destroy even more than 130 tanks weekly. It was 86 days long resistance under siege of 700 brave soldiers and 1000 volunteers (all hard as rock fighters) and at the same time a performance of perhaps never seen last stand against approx 50.000 regular soldiers, 1.600 tanks and 2.200 various guns. I mean big guns that fired more than 6,5 millions projectiles during this period.
I ll paraphrase - hope we ll forget all this one day...

Ralistic maps, scale 1:2, unusual configuration of strat map (see pic). Attacker s force pool is, as you seen, almost unlimited, long campaign... We ll have to make more solid maps that could resist long period of destruction, he,he,he...

Balkan was always war-potent area, so in a recent history we got four briliant operations (see pic), for modding. After we learn enough about modding, WWII thematic would be next.

Does all this above sounds interesting?

Dear God, take care of foolish one in attempt to create a CCmod!

t.jpg
 Description:
Tank graveyard
 Filesize:  41.96 KB
 Viewed:  13289 Time(s)

t.jpg

modern mods 1-4.jpg
 Description:
Recent happenings in neighbourhood
 Filesize:  64.99 KB
 Viewed:  13291 Time(s)

modern mods 1-4.jpg

Battle_of_vukovar_strategic_map.jpg
 Description:
Battle_of_vukovar_strategic_map
 Filesize:  296.85 KB
 Viewed:  13318 Time(s)

Battle_of_vukovar_strategic_map.jpg

Last edited by AG81 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 5 times in total

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh...so this is what you were talking about in our encounter at the Combat Camera Smile
Good luck with the mod and I hope you're ready to dedicate most of your weekends working in it Wink
Keep us updated on the progress, okay?

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

"Quit your job, say goodbye to your loveones, sell your pets and all noncomputer related posetions!" Smile

Good Luck with your mod! Razz

Cheers Mats

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good!

So WWII is next, arn i cant wait playing a CC5 mod covering the struggle in Yugoslavia from 1944-1945... Was one of the most ugliest fronts at the end of the WAR.

btw. it is "thanatos", the god of the dead.

To brave men few words are as good as many

AG81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sapa"]"Quit your job, say goodbye to your loveones, sell your pets and all noncomputer related posetions!" Smile

I can tell You that my first wife s worst nemesis was GJS, my second wife s worst nemesis was SDK...so...it s my turn...modmaking would be mine worst nemesis. I have to make something funny for my kids.

Thanks for all support.

AG81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
looking good!

So WWII is next, arn i cant wait playing a CC5 mod covering the struggle in Yugoslavia from 1944-1945... Was one of the most ugliest fronts at the end of the WAR.

Yes Polemarchos, we always had plenty of time, talent and absurd sense of humor to perform a really good war and almost always won. For God s sake, we actually invented WWI. After creating WWI, selling franchises bussines all around the world was too easy. Market was hungry for this high quality product with 4 years warranty and approx 20million customers. Probablly our biggest invention, beside azitromicin.

WWII mod won t be good, it will be bad and ugly enough to make my day. Your too.

P.S.:I still remember Thanatos s smell - smell of powder in a few kilometers vacuum made by explosion of regional ammunition depot.

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:44 pm Post subject: Re: New Mod Under Development Reply with quote

AG81 wrote:
Dear God, take care of foolish one in attempt to create a CCmod!

"Go boldly in the direction of your dreams!"

Who cares how long it takes! Tinkering with the files is as much fun as playing the game.

mochoho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to everyone and first of all, Happy New Year to all CC comunity and their families.

As AG81 told earlier, two of us are going into mod making of Battle of Vukovar. We spoke about it for almost 4 months, of course there was lot of other possibilities in making CC mod about war in Croatia in period from 1991-1995, but we both agreed to make this one, because of great scale of fighting in area of Vukovar and in honor to all fallen defending the city.

The battle raged for 87 days in which both sides took great number of losses in men and machines. This mod will cover the most fierce fighting in approaches to Vukovar, the area between town of Vinkovci and Vukovar, The Vukovar urban area and northern part (suburbia of Vukovar towards Baranja and Osijek).

Confronted sides are attacking Yugoslav Peoples Army (JNA) with Tuzla corps and Novi Sad corps with elements of independent brigades and TO (Teritorijalna odbrana) with elements of paramilitary groups. Total of approx. 50000 thousand troops - 80% of all units are armor and mechanized brigades

against defending Croatian army (HV), Croatian national guard (ZNG), volunteer units such as HOS (Croatian defence forces - also paramilitary), and regular and special Police units like ATJ Zagreb (Anti terrorist unit Zagreb). Total of aprox. 7000 troops with practically no armor but very high moral and well armed with anti tank weapons.

I will give full list of weapons and units, probably tomorrow, and just maybe if I manage this night. Expect lot of tanks, APCs and artillery on the JNA side and excellent morale with personal anti tank weapons on Croatian side with small numbers of tanks, APCs, guns and mortars.

Hope this will be a good and refreshing mod

Cheers to everyone

M

http://www.vojska.net

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Thanks for the maps and pic too. Maybe before the mod is
out, you can give us some more background information on the battles :Cool .

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Arg0n

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but when you make croatian AT units (weapons) make them accurate so that Croat infantry stands a chance against the tanks. I would go for realism in the mod although don't spoil the balance. The problem is that in CC the Armor is very difficult to assault (even in urban areas as Stalingrad mod proves), and Vukovar featured modern AT systems, so make the AT ability effective to prevent tanks from charging on enemy stronghold, and force them to stay away (as they would).
Vozdra narode.
Arg0n.

mochoho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ej ArgOn, no problemo, we thought about it and yes AT teams will be in very different styles, alot of them, like 2men teams, 3men teams, armed with various weapons such as light MGs, AK-47 with HT grenades, and also regular infantry 7men units will have zolja rockets teherfore will have AT capability.

Respect

M

SG_Igor

Rep: 4.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Samo napred momci... dobro ste to zamislili, nadam se da cete uspeti da izgurate projekat do kraja. Ja bih vam vrlo rado pomogao ali realno nemam dovoljno slobodnog vremena tako da ono... ostaje samo moralna podrska.

Btw ovo me podsetilo na sada vec neko davno vreme kada sam poceo da radim Kosovo mod za CC3 ali sam stao vec nakon osmisljavanja scenarija za pojedine operacije Very Happy

mochoho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

SG_Igor wrote:
Samo napred momci... dobro ste to zamislili, nadam se da cete uspeti da izgurate projekat do kraja. Ja bih vam vrlo rado pomogao ali realno nemam dovoljno slobodnog vremena tako da ono... ostaje samo moralna podrska.

Btw ovo me podsetilo na sada vec neko davno vreme kada sam poceo da radim Kosovo mod za CC3 ali sam stao vec nakon osmisljavanja scenarija za pojedine operacije Very Happy

Hvala SG_Igor, radimo na tome, za sada smo samo nas dvojica i svjesni smo da će trebat poprilično vremena dok ne završimo (imamo još dvojicu za suradnju, ali kako i sam kažeš, prezaposlenih), valjda se nećemo ošugavit sjedenjem pred kompom. Za sada AG81 je krenuo u izradu mapa i koliko znam jedna mu je gotova (koju doduše mora još malo lickat), a ja sam do grla u istraživanju i taktici.

Pozdrav svima na daleko i naširoko

M

Arg0n

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

E, druže de mi daj preko PM-a svoj MSN da se čujemo, moj prijatelj je neopjevana junačina CC-a pa bi bilo dobro da ti nas dva pomognemo.
P.S Vrlo sam zainteresiran za mape. Čak imam i neke ideje pa bi bilo dobro da se čujemo. Bilo bi dobro da su snajperi (pješaci, ne tenkovi Snajper) u ovoj igri ubojitiji, jer ipak su u gradskoj borbi ulice opasne baš zbog zasjeda i snajpera.
Pozz.
Arg0n.

Evulclown

Rep: 2.7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this alot Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: