Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1257
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Cpl_Punishment

Rep: 1.2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:17 am Post subject: Crewed Weapons Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm working on a mod, and I thought I was near completion of the Soldiers.adb file until something occured to me:

I've been working under the assumption that if a weapon is in the Crewed Weapon slot that the game will consider all other members of that squad to be "crew members", and if the original carrier of the weapon shoud die, someone else will take over manning it.

I have some "crew type" weapons in infantry squads: Brens, BARs, .30cal MGs, 2in. mortars, etc. I want these weapons to be used as "personal" weapons; if the carrier dies, the weapon doesn't get picked up by another team member. As a result, I have created two different soldiers for each type of use; "crewed" or "personal". The problem this creates is that I am running out of index space in the Soldiers.adb file.

So, my question is this: Do I need to create two different soldiers for each use, or is this unnecessary?

Cpl_Punishment

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read in Pzt_Kanov's post Suggestion to Modders about Soldiers equipment, it appears that I have to keep things as they are. Not only do I not want the squad leader ending up carrying the support weapon, but I intend to have more than one "crew" type weapon in some squads, and I'm thinking it would probably confuse the .exe if I did.

If anyone has hints and tips on this subject, don't hesitate in giving me advice.

thanks.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

you can just make the crewed weapons act like personal weapons just put it on the personal slot on the Soldiers.adb, no need to make two versions of each.

You will have to change the weight of the gun and ammo though if you want to keep the same load of ammo as if the fake personal weapon was to serve as a normal crewed weapon because the soldier will be both the gunner and loader just like a rifle except that if you make a 30 cal MG a personal weapon the soldier will carry both the gun AND the ammo wich will make him very slow if you leave the weight as is.

I don't know if I make myself clear?

PS what is your mod about?

Cpl_Punishment

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case I will have to make one soldier for each:
eg. Bren gunner w/crewed weapon=Bren for LMG Team
Bren gunner w/primary weapon=Bren for Md Rifle Squad
The mod will field the usual array of support teams: LMG teams, mortar teams, etc. I am also having some support teams with more than one traditionally "crewed" weapon: eg, Bren Groups [consisting 3 men] have both a Bren Gun & a 2in. mortar. This is in accord with what I've been reading regarding unit make up. Most companies were also outfitted with "extra" support weapons to be divvied up between units as seen fit, so I am also having some rifle sections/squads armed with one or more support weapon - hence the original question about crewed weapons.

The mod I'm trying to do is a more accurate and aesthetic version of Operation Market Garden.

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already a OP Market Garden under development by Buck_Compton.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=35

Its not dead, just on hold until he completes his current mod, The Battle of Scheldt.

"CC for ever"

Cpl_Punishment

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

He, he - hold on? Man, I've been on this one for about two years; it's a bit late to hold on. I'm gonna see if we can form an alliance.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you made new custom maps for your Operation Market Garden mod?
Interesting...I ran into a website about the start of a CC5 Market Garden mod...I don't think this was Buck Compton's website. Could this be yours?

Cpl_Punishment

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Have you made new custom maps for your Operation Market Garden mod?
Interesting...I ran into a website about the start of a CC5 Market Garden mod...I don't think this was Buck Compton's website. Could this be yours?

Nope, not me. If you look closely on that site, you'll realise they haven't made an entry in about five years. I'm fairly sure it's dead.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: