Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1254
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
carcass

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:52 pm Post subject: Good Mod Idea? Reply with quote

How about a NATO vs. Communism mod? Rather than including the various wars and proxy wars involving communist and NATO countries, maybe it can just be one big WW3 some time in the '70s (no, not Vietnam)

It's just an idea, but this absolutely cannot work unless there is a way to modify the AI. Unfortunately, Communists (and Americans) fight in a way that allows them to optimize their armies to literally throw as many poorly trained and poorly equiped soldiers at each other until the other side loses. The only difference is that Americans are filthy stinking rich and Communists are filthy stinking poor. The game's AI would have to reflect these attributes.

But enough of the America glorification that occurs in EVERY single game, the AI would have to be different for other NATO countries who adopted the standard NATO doctrine.

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

there is for CC5 called Red Storm Rising, that takes place in Germany. Its a good mod, you should check it out.

What would H Jones do?

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Close Combat Modern Tactics

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
Also Close Combat Modern Tactics

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/

I knew you were gonna chime in, Shreckie Wink
Are the sales figures of CCMT and CoI so poor that you have to manually lure people into checking out the so called "new" CC games? I don't get it... Wink Rolling Eyes

carcass

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

king_tiger_tank wrote:
there is for CC5 called Red Storm Rising, that takes place in Germany. Its a good mod, you should check it out.

Oh man that's cool, I see they put the FN FAL in. I can't play it at the moment and I suck at installing mods in the first place, but what's the AI like? Typical CC5?

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Last question about the AI..the answer is YES Crying or Very sad

Cheers Mats

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just answering the question with an appropriate answer.

If you like CC and want modern warfare CCMT is your best bet.

Excellent battle editor

Troop carriers.

Air Support.

5 v 5 multiplayer

woohoo.

You can't lose!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are the sales figures of CCMT and CoI so poor that you have to manually lure people into checking out the so called "new" CC games?

I have no idea what the sales figures are, and I'm not particularly concerned, it doesn't effect me one way or the other.

But some of the mods have been downloaded over 1000 times, so that I am excited about.

Grossdeutschland2 for CoI by dreaded88 is a beauty.
and

CC5 on CCMT , the WWII mod by Drill finally allows me to load up my Sdifz251's with troops and speed them across the battlefield... apart from the CCIII Overlord mod, there's no other way to do this in CC.

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
king_tiger_tank wrote:

Couldn't agree more the RSR mod is the one you want for modern warfare. Its based I believe on the novel of the same name by Tom Clancy, and features an invasion of the Federal Republic of Germany by the Group of Soviet forces in the early 80's. defending foces are from the mix of NATO countries the US, British, French, Dutch plus of course the Bundeswehr.

There is a full map pack available which has such features as modern supermarkets and 10 storey blocks of flats, plus a Theme park just outside Hamburg..........don't get many of those around Very Happy.

The action is fought over a full GC, with reasonably balanced forces, the Soviets have the T80 tanks and numerous IFV's pitted against the NATO Abrams and Leopard2's.........the infantry has some really nice AT weapons....just watch those TOW's fly Smile and can take on any armour.

Both sides have air support with attack 'copters as well as jets which streak in wreaking havoc.

The sprites of the Tanks and IFVs are beautifully made, the T80 certainly looks a tough customer Smile .

Unfortunately the AI is up (or should I say down Confused ) to the usual standard, but the way to fix that is to get online and find an opponent......you'll find it VERY different to the WW2 mods that are more popularly played, but I can assure you it will be a challenge whichever side you choose to play.

Download for free here and have fun Smile

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ronson wrote:

Couldn't agree more the RSR mod is the one you want for modern warfare. Its based I believe on the novel of the same name by Tom Clancy, and features an invasion of the Federal Republic of Germany by the Group of Soviet forces in the early 80's. defending foces are from the mix of NATO countries the US, British, French, Dutch plus of course the Bundeswehr.

There is a full map pack available which has such features as modern supermarkets and 10 storey blocks of flats, plus a Theme park just outside Hamburg..........don't get many of those around Very Happy.

The action is fought over a full GC, with reasonably balanced forces, the Soviets have the T80 tanks and numerous IFV's pitted against the NATO Abrams and Leopard2's.........the infantry has some really nice AT weapons....just watch those TOW's fly Smile and can take on any armour.

Both sides have air support with attack 'copters as well as jets which streak in wreaking havoc.

The sprites of the Tanks and IFVs are beautifully made, the T80 certainly looks a tough customer Smile .

Unfortunately the AI is up (or should I say down Confused ) to the usual standard, but the way to fix that is to get online and find an opponent......you'll find it VERY different to the WW2 mods that are more popularly played, but I can assure you it will be a challenge whichever side you choose to play.

Download for free here and have fun Smile

Cheers
Ronson

I agree
well I AGREE
But still using CCV u can play operation or grand campaign.
All u cant play via newer CC like MT or Marines.
In fact playing on cooperatif way by a 2Vs2 would be very very great...
If and only if u still able to play operation at least.
As in simple battle i dont see really the fun

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: