Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1262
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
LiveFree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:23 am Post subject: I want to introduce myself Reply with quote

hello everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've recently rediscovered this game. You see, my first encounter with close combat came when I first saw my college roomate playing it. I would go over to his room, and even though I wasn't playing, we both had a blast strategizing and battling. I'd go over to his room and play for hours.

Well, time passed and I forgot about the game. In that time, my gaming life took me through Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Counter-Strike, and many others. Those were all good games in their own right, but none has ever given me the enjoyment and pleasure I got from Close Combat.

Now, after 5 years away, on a whim I remembered that long forgotten college war game and that has brought me back here and to CC.

I just want to say how happy I am that the game is still going strong, that the Modding community has added new additions to the game, and that its nice to see that other people share the same excitement about playing CC.

I'll have to relearn a lot about the game, but i'm looking forward to learning and to being an active member here in the forums.

Nice to meet everyone!

P.S. thanks to pz_jagger, dima, and all the others that have, from what i've read, created amazing mods. Can't wait to try them out!

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:20 am Post subject: 5 years wow Reply with quote

u have BULK mods to catch up on.

gjsv44 i think is No1 to try
then stalingrad

then...wow so many...some 21 i think!

tack

espree de corp

Pzt_Rasalom

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Tack here.

Start at GJS, besiege stalingrad, get a feel for both and blaze a trail to GameSpy and take the fight online.

Heaps of willing combatants right there.

Pzt_Rasalom
21st PD

Any fool with a fast pair of hands can take a tiger by the balls. But it takes a hero to keep squeezing....

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome on board....

To brave men few words are as good as many

fronswa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:46 am Post subject: Re: I want to introduce myself Reply with quote

LiveFree wrote:
hello everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've recently rediscovered this game. You see, my first encounter with close combat came when I first saw my college roomate playing it. I would go over to his room, and even though I wasn't playing, we both had a blast strategizing and battling. I'd go over to his room and play for hours.

Well, time passed and I forgot about the game. In that time, my gaming life took me through Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Counter-Strike, and many others. Those were all good games in their own right, but none has ever given me the enjoyment and pleasure I got from Close Combat.

Now, after 5 years away, on a whim I remembered that long forgotten college war game and that has brought me back here and to CC.

I just want to say how happy I am that the game is still going strong, that the Modding community has added new additions to the game, and that its nice to see that other people share the same excitement about playing CC.

I'll have to relearn a lot about the game, but i'm looking forward to learning and to being an active member here in the forums.

Nice to meet everyone!

P.S. thanks to pz_jagger, dima, and all the others that have, from what i've read, created amazing mods. Can't wait to try them out!

Kinda the same for me here. I think I played for about 2 years solid online then realised that my girlfriend had dumped me after the first 6 months of that. A very rewarding game indeed. Twisted Evil

It's a bit mind-blowing coming back after so much has changed but yet so little if you know what I mean. Gotta love the tension when everything is happening at once.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: