Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:03 pm Post subject: Re: You never miss it till it's gone.. Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote:

Roll call - Beebs, Future, Sbufkle, Wruff, Uberdave, Southernland, Mafi, kwp, mick, Mav303, Atilla, TT, Drew, and my old GJS mate Smith- -I could go on.

Mate u missed to writte a lot of them

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Well the gaming industry haven't released any 'CC replacement' wargames yet.

The new games look amazing but gameplay is usually arcadish and nowhere near the battle sim that CC is.

Exactly!

yukongold wrote:
I have enjoyed being able to search through the CSO forums for tech help and modding information, and always tried to take a non-partisan stance in regard to the CSO and CCS rivalry. I've tried to contribute to both sites in my own way and always felt that the community was all the richer for having two good resources for downloads and information. For players that really aren't interested in the modding aspect of the game series, the loss of CSO may not hold much significance. For myself and many others it is a big loss. Lets hope that it is resurrected.

My position too.

Ef13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have enjoyed being able to search through the CSO forums for tech help and modding information, and always tried to take a non-partisan stance in regard to the CSO and CCS rivalry. I've tried to contribute to both sites in my own way and always felt that the community was all the richer for having two good resources for downloads and information. For players that really aren't interested in the modding aspect of the game series, the loss of CSO may not hold much significance. For myself and many others it is a big loss. Lets hope that it is resurrected. Just my two-bits on the subject.

What make matters worse is that the internet archive does not have any history of the forums. A lot of good info may be lost forever.

Quote:
Well the gaming industry haven't released any 'CC replacement' wargames yet.
The new games look amazing but gameplay is usually arcadish and nowhere near the battle sim that CC is.

MatrixGames seems intent on capitalizing on the vacume that other publishers have left open in getting us a new game with the gameplay we love.
I think CC5/CCm is not gonna be the end of bloodline.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ef13 wrote:
What make matters worse is that the internet archive does not have any history of the forums. A lot of good info may be lost forever.

MatrixGames seems intent on capitalizing on the vacume that other publishers have left open in getting us a new game with the gameplay we love.
I think CC5/CCm is not gonna be the end of bloodline.

Me too. Now, I am completely out of the loop as to any operations at Matrix, CSO and CSO_Simtek and that includes any gossip or scuttlebutt. I know very, very little about what is going on except for a couple of extremely vauge answers to emails and what I've read here and at Ryans.

But I can do a little deductive reasoning and deduction. The CSO Clan and original website were started by two people. Those two ran things for years and some of you probably remember the old days when even the website had low bandwidth limits, let alone for downloads and would be shut down for a few days towards the end of each month. Two people were primarily the ones who paid for all of that out of their own pockets.

Later, those same two formed a commercial company, which then had assests and contracts and all that good business and tax legal stuff. They even paid a very few other people for work during the boom cycle.

With me so far? Ok, now when the company went into a bust economic cycle, there was a breakup. The who's, why's and wherefore's are immaterial, but when any company that has a business license and a tax number has a split between the business partners, it sometimes takes litigation by the courts to decide who gets what share of the assets like business names, registered names, logos, domain names, url's, royalties, residuals, licenses and the outstanding liabilities and debts. Don't forget debts. The taxman don't care if you are all getting along or not, he wants his cut.

So, IF and only IF, there was or is pending any sort of thing like that, which I speculate that there probably was/is, if for no other reason than to legally satisfy the taxman, then one standard solution used is to dissolve and liquidate any and all assets. You see this happening every day in your neighborhoods as little shops come and go and couples divorce.

Again, purely speculation and deductive reasoning on my part, everything CSO (clan and website stuff) and CSO Simtek (business stuff) has probably had to be liquidated to fairly and legally split the business license and tax liabilities in whatever proportions. Nothing personal about it, just the type of thing that has to happen sometimes. But WHAT is actually happening IS personal between the parties involved and NONE of anybody else's business.
Not mine, not yours. Theirs.

So it is probably Bye Bye forever for everything CSO, except for those clan members that still use it in their nicknames.

Now for the GOOD spectulation, the clues to which are sprinkled all around.

Sbukle, in this very thread, has said he has proposed (to someone) a website layout.

Schrecken has said that testing is ongoing on the CC5 re release.

Anzac Tack has implied he doesn't want to play the old CC5 anymore because he is loving the testing of the re release.

Just two days ago on Ryan's, Schrecken coyly asked GI_Jonz if he needed a Development Forum to attend.

And a couple more that are private and all I will say is that they are very positive.

In short, this is just a transitional period. Nothing is really lost and everything will work out in the end. All that is required of any of us right now is to have patience, and that is about the only thing any of us can do about right now.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The sideburns are a bit long and my barber trims the rogue eyebrow hairs.

Add another lense for my out of fashion, oversized aviator style glasses and it's not a bad likeness at all.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracker. LMAO

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ef13 wrote:

some stuff is still around:

To brave men few words are as good as many

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:

some stuff is still around:

yeah, but it takes hours to find the exact thing you were looking for.

What would H Jones do?

Troger

Rep: 17.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:15 pm Post subject: Re: You never miss it till it's gone.. Reply with quote

ZAPPI4 wrote:
pvt_Grunt wrote:

Roll call - Beebs, Future, Sbufkle, Wruff, Uberdave, Southernland, Mafi, kwp, mick, Mav303, Atilla, TT, Drew, and my old GJS mate Smith- -I could go on.

Mate u missed to writte a lot of them

Yeah Grunt, what rock did you live under over at CSO? Half those people barely posted and didn't even contribute for years..

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: