Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Excel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:14 am Post subject: mod isn't working ofcourse Reply with quote

i try to play it but i get an error saying it can't find the videos directory: please reinstall close combat. i did but it still screws up. please help.

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried patching it to 5.01 and coping the videos from the cd to your hard drive?

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Excel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

no, those suggestions don't work. i have the video folder but for some reason it's still saying it's not able to find the video folder. it is supposed to be C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\Videos, right?

dacman82

Rep: 4.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

MAKE A NEW FOLDER CALLED VIDEO. IF IT DOESNYT WORK IN MAIN DIRECTORY PUT IT IN DATA OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. PERSERVERE

Softly softly, catchee monkee...

Excel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i fixed the video thing now i think, but now i have a new problem. now it's a Close Combat Error saying it's 'Unable to open file for streaming' whatever the hell that means.

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Excel, try this Intel codec..................that is likely your problem..........

http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=17&orderby=dateD

Good Luck!

Excel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i downloaded it but it doesn't do much. what am i supposed to do with this? i have it but i still get a stream error.

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorryto hear that didn't help. About all I can suggest is that you make sure you have updated your video drivers. Which operating system are you using and what type is your video card?

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:16 am Post subject: Re: mod isn't working ofcourse Reply with quote

Excel wrote:
i try to play it but i get an error saying it can't find the videos directory: please reinstall close combat. i did but it still screws up. please help.

Hi Excel,

First of all, I don't really understand why this "OF COURSE"....?
I would rather say that SDK works of course, for 99% of the players....
But anyway....

Your issue is a well known issue which can be resolved as you have been told on this forum, but this does not work everytime. Believe me if you want, but I have this issue since the day I installed CC5, some years ago now!! And I never resolved the problem!

The good news is, however, that you can play CC and all the mods without problem, provided you accept to skip the video.

This is very simple: when you double-click on the CC5.exe icon to open the game, maintain pushed the "Ctrl" button. You will access to the Options menu. Then de-click "enables videos".

You can play know!

Enjoy SDK......of course.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Excel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't mean by the 'of course' mean that the mod sucks but instead more like me saying 'just my luck.'

by your suggestion about the ctrl and disabling the enable videos spot i can actually play your mod now. thank you pzjager and everyone else that pitched in to help me.

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That heppened to me once with CC3. Sad

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Excel wrote:
i didn't mean by the 'of course' mean that the mod sucks but instead more like me saying 'just my luck.'

by your suggestion about the ctrl and disabling the enable videos spot i can actually play your mod now. thank you pzjager and everyone else that pitched in to help me.

Hi Excel;

Happy to know that you can now play CC5 and SDK mod.
Enjoy to play this fabulous game!

And don't hesitate to post your comments.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Excel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

great, i get to where i can play it but i now get an error while in the middle of battles a lot of the time. Rolling Eyes is there a way to fix the "Informs DirectDraw that the previous Blt which is transferring information to or from this surface is incomplete" error? Confused

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:33 am Post subject: DD enabled? Reply with quote

Excel wrote:
great, i get to where i can play it but i now get an error while in the middle of battles a lot of the time. Rolling Eyes is there a way to fix the "Informs DirectDraw that the previous Blt which is transferring information to or from this surface is incomplete" error? Confused

Looks to me like you have DirectDraw enabled. Try disabling it...or better yet...download this nifty tool:

download link:http://www.closecombat.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5034&d=1141386161

Excel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the program, squadleader_id. i managed to play several battles without any errors now. Smile hopefully i won't be seein anymore.

falkoga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody!

Had some trouble with my newly downloaded mod yesterday night and therefore had the joy of reading this thread. The mod seems to work today without anyting done by the way, but reading this made me very happy and inspired. It is a proof of the helpfulnes and commitment of the whole community!

Going to put some laundry in the washermachine now and then enjoy my new kesselmod!

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this post about disabling videos Embarassed . First few tries and NO sound would come from the battle Shocked ... scared that I wouldn't be able to
play this mod. But after disable of video everything seemed to work fine.

Only other problem I'm having (not so big a deal anyway) is that even though I have Germans speaking English checked they don't. Is this
a known problem that can be fixed? No big problem as I said. Thanks
again for your time and effort pzjager.

I played last night until past 2am, I'm 'snow blind' here at work today Very Happy .

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

pzjager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

dgfred wrote:
Just found this post about disabling videos Embarassed . First few tries and NO sound would come from the battle Shocked ... scared that I wouldn't be able to
play this mod. But after disable of video everything seemed to work fine.

Only other problem I'm having (not so big a deal anyway) is that even though I have Germans speaking English checked they don't. Is this
a known problem that can be fixed? No big problem as I said. Thanks
again for your time and effort pzjager.

I played last night until past 2am, I'm 'snow blind' here at work today Very Happy .

Hi,

To be honest with you, I never tried to let the germans speak english.... If you really want it, it would be simple to copy/paste the original EGerVox file within the LOcal FX of the stock CC5 game into the LocalFx file of the mod...

Anyway, have some rest. SOC is nearly boiling.

Cheers and Happy new year!

PJ

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Excel, you can get the intro video to work if you copy the three videos from the cc5 cd too the cc5 videos directory on the hdd. :lol4

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, scratch that last post, I didn't realize that PzJager had included the two other videos in the video plug-in until I extracted it to check.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: