Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1225
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:09 pm Post subject: SDK April news Reply with quote

Hi

As you are aware, I am currently hardly working on the final version of SDK, the v2.0, which is being updated to the SOC standarts and will be launched with a totally new submod called SDK:DK (Die Kampfgruppen), relating the deadly and desperate fights of some famous battlegroups between the Don and the Tschir after November 19th, during Operation Uranus.
SDK DK will have a new stratmap, some new maps and, of course, new units.

I have attached to this post a pic of the patches of the 13 axis units which will take part to the submod.

Cheers
PJ

Image11.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.73 KB
 Viewed:  6019 Time(s)

Image11.jpg

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update pzjager. your mods are constantly at the top of my playlist and i look forward to a new addition. i don't know how you can top the previous one, but you have already done the impossible a few times!

Wittmann44

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see the PzGrenRgt 108! Very Happy very nice!!! Smile

Are that all new kampfgruppen or a excample?

Is it possible to add a Kampfgruppe out of the 371. ID like the Kampfgruppe Spittler/Grenadier-Regiment 670?

How many days will have the new campaign?

I leave germany in the middle of july for afghanistan is there a chance for a release bevore`? Wink

greatings

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

yuma wrote:
thanks for the update pzjager. your mods are constantly at the top of my playlist and i look forward to a new addition. i don't know how you can top the previous one, but you have already done the impossible a few times!

Hi,

SDK v2.0 will "just" be upgraded with the SOC standarts. That means:

- A new 3D Stratmap
- New icons, sounds, etc....
- A NEW AI
- A lot of things

SDK:DK, which was originally a SDK v2.0 submod will be a real new mod. With a new stratmap, new mainscreen, new uniticons, new music, new....everything. It will just "officially/technically remain an SDK submod for two reasons:

- You will need to have installed SDK v2.0 for playing it
- It will be playable with 13 Axis units against 17 Soviet ones

Guys, SDKDK relates a quite hidden part of the Stalingrad battle, but a very important one. If youlike Tank battles and, more important, tanks vs. AT units,, you will have here something bloody.... as it was in reality.

JUst wait a little.. I have asked to the CCS admins to build a new post in the forums and in the Combat Camera for SDKDK

AND ALSO for Bir Hakeim, and you will see then that CC is well alive.

JUst post something sometimes. Moders are working hard for you. If you can take 5 minutes of your time to support the game.... Please do it

Cheers
PJ

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod for yourself, create something you'll enjoy and feel happy about. The community comes 2nd, they can give you ideas on how it can be improved.

John3

Rep: 1.2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am anxiously waiting for the new release. I've been wanting to start a new grand campaign with the old version but I'm trying to hold off until version 2.0 is released.

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here!

Since you don't like the 'Infantry coded as vehicles' way of moding, how do you get the enmy units to be mopre aggresive?

I love a good mod, but nothing spoils a one player game more tha the enemy, crawling around in circles for ten minutes.

pzjager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

flick wrote:
Since you don't like the 'Infantry coded as vehicles' way of moding,

Hi,

The problem is not that I like or don't like it. In SOC and SDK, SOME units are coded as vehicles. I just don't want to generalise this modding tool to all units for two reasons:

- On some maps with a lot of buildings (for instance Krasnaïa Plochad), if you do that, then no enemy unit will be able to enter the buildings....
- If you code all the units the same way, the enemy is just going one way

Anyway, don't forget that the AI is also in the map files, btd and los

Cheers
PJ

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting,thanks for answering.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey PJ

Really looking forward to the update on SDK, especially the H2H Submod.

As a note of feedback. Not sure if you have taken this into account yet. I've been playing SDK H2H the last week and have played about 20 battles.

One observation - not sure if you have already adjusted this or not but....

Korectirovskik Ognya (Forward Observers - FO) - are TOO STRONG. I've faced a BG with 2 of them and over the course of 5-6 battles they have amassed over 80 infantry , 3 ATG, 5 tanks, and 2 HT kills. They are INSANE. At least with the Rocket Launchers you can spot the Line of Rocket fire and counterstrike them. But these FO are ridiculously strong and impossible to locate since they can fire indirect. I bascially can't bring a tank and my Infantry have to crawl about hoping not to be spotted. I hope that you will consider making them a little less potent.

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kevin_dtn wrote:
Hey PJ

Really looking forward to the update on SDK, especially the H2H Submod.

As a note of feedback. Not sure if you have taken this into account yet. I've been playing SDK H2H the last week and have played about 20 battles.

One observation - not sure if you have already adjusted this or not but....

Korectirovskik Ognya (Forward Observers - FO) - are TOO STRONG. I've faced a BG with 2 of them and over the course of 5-6 battles they have amassed over 80 infantry , 3 ATG, 5 tanks, and 2 HT kills. They are INSANE. At least with the Rocket Launchers you can spot the Line of Rocket fire and counterstrike them. But these FO are ridiculously strong and impossible to locate since they can fire indirect. I bascially can't bring a tank and my Infantry have to crawl about hoping not to be spotted. I hope that you will consider making them a little less potent.

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I saw your post. Sorry to answer so lately...

1) There are two KO's in the russian forces. One with a 152mm gun battery, and an other one with a 203mm gun battery. They are strong, that's a fact, but historically correct (the soviet strikes were insane, specially by november 19 and january 10, just before the offensives) and, if you have a look on the standart CC5 game, not so much stronger than the naval attack...

2) As I already told you, both SDK 2.0, SDKDK and SOC v1.1 will be launched with a "real" H2H submod in which, at least at the lower levels, there will be NO KO's or Kat's.

I hope that this will be OK for you.

Cheers
PJ

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: