Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
sweetcheeks786

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:07 am Post subject: VISTA problems...again :( Reply with quote

Hello, all
New to the forums as of tonight and glad to see there are still people who love CC as much as I do! I have a bit of a problem installing CC5 on my laptop which is Windows Vista and have searched the forums high and low with no luck. I will to give you as much info as i can without making this super long, but im dying to play CC5 again!!!
I have Windows Vista Home premium edition, 32-bit op system. CC5 installs fine, but when I go to open the game, the cpu acts like its going to load the game, and then stops without even starting the game. Then I get the message "Close Combat(tm) V: Invasion Normandy has stopped working. A problem has cause the program to stop working correctly."
I have tried going to the properties and setting it with the 95, 98 and ME compatibility modes, tried changing the rez and color, the CC starter. Nothing seems to work. Im not sure if anyone has had this problem. Do I need to upgrade to Windows Ultimate?
I am truly lost and desperate for answers. If you need anymore of my PC info or anything, let me know.

Thanks a bunch guys!

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have to resort to installing Virtual PC and running CC5 on that.

sweetcheeks786

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. I looked into virtual pc, but apparently my vista home premium edition isnt compatible with Microsoft Virtual pc. Sad I assume thats the one your talking about?

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running CC5.exe as an administrator as well as compatibility?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

sweetcheeks786

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, im not sure. I know I clicked run ad administrator in the compatibility menu...Im really not that great with computers. I can do whatever as long as you can tell me how to do it.

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to find a way to install virtual PC. What error u get if trying to install virtual PC?
u need net framwork installed. Also SP1 for Vista might be a good choice.

Once u manage to install Virtual PC, here is a guide how to run XP in virtual Pc. then u simple play CC in that window. It works and is the only workaround I know of regarding the vista vs. CC problem:
http://lifehacker.com/software/windows/geek-to-live--run-windows-xp-inside-vista-with-virtual-pc-238071.php

To brave men few words are as good as many

Last edited by Polemarchos on Mon May 12, 2008 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Vista and I run CC just fine through it. I don't ever remember having the problem you are having. I'm guessing the problem might (hopefully), be something simpler.

Make sure you have a videos folder in your main CC folder. By holding down the "control" button when you first launch CC, it will bring up the options menu and you can uncheck the videos box if it is giving you problems.

Do you have the 5.01 patch installed?

sweetcheeks786

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I feel stupid, but I did not have patch 5.01 installed. My problem is not solved, BUT, I think I am actually getting somewhere now.
I installed patch 5.01a from the CC5 quick start on the side of the forums and installed it exactly as it came up. Next, I tried to run CC5 and it actually seemed like it was going to play the game as opposed to how it was earlier. However, I first get the message" CC5 CD Rom not detected". I opened the cd tray and put it in again and the same message popped up. I did some research in the forums and found someone with the same problem and followed what they did, which was Click Browse, Click the CC5 icon in the drive, and then their copy worked, however, this is where my new problem starts. I now get the error message: " CC cannot find the directory: Maps\. Please Reinstall CC.
I reinstalled it twice, uninstalled and reinstalled the patch with it and get the same message regarding the maps\. . Could this be because I installed the smaller version of CC5 as opposed to the full version? (The full version freezes every time on 54%, but the shorter has no trouble at all)
Also if this helps, I am running CC5 in Windows 98/ME compatibility and also in administrator mode.
I really appreciate all of your help and patience thus far.
Thanks a ton all!

EDIT

HAHA!!!! I got it! I Finally got the game to do the full install and when it said i needed the disc I just clicked browse and clicked on CC5 and it worked! I dont really know what I did besides that, but who cares! Smile
Thanksa bunch for all your help guys!

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like your CD has some scratches...
make sure u back up the whole map folder with the original maps.

To brave men few words are as good as many

Kitkat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I get EXACTLY the same probs.. I'll try patching and browse CD see what happens

tomchm

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:57 pm Post subject: Re: VISTA problems...again :( Reply with quote

I did what you have done, but I still have the problem. There is music, but
there's no image on the screen; I only see the cursor of mouse. What should
I do?

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: VISTA problems...again :( Reply with quote

try holding down ctrl when you launch.

then turn off videos

alternatively

download the intel codec from CSO Downloads in command centre

Command Centre\CSO Downloads\Utilities\ Intel Codec for CoI

then run that before launching. (only needs to be run once)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: