Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
rich1000

Rep: 7.2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:42 am Post subject: Help with cc5 Start up. Reply with quote

Hi Troops.I'm in need of urgent assist.I have just installed cc5 for the 100th time with the same result Nothing.The cc5 icon is on my desk top,the disc is in the tray and working fine.As soon as i press the icon,the screen gose black as if to start the game,i hear the start up of the intro (still a blank screen) and nothing.I press ctrl-alt-delete to see what has happend.Only to see cc5.......... Not responding.It was working fine afew weeks ago.And i cant think what the hell has gone on Rolling Eyes .So come on troops please help me get back to the path of war.Many Thanks

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Try pressing CTRL when you start the game (click the CC5 Icon).

RD_Roach

Rep: 1.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

When uninstalling CC5,you must also uninstall the 501a patch in your Add/Remove program in the control panel...this is a must evry time you uninstall the game...but i dont think this is the cause of your problem,just making sure you know that both game and patch have to be uninstalled,if you dont the patch will not be installed properly.

Need to know more info,before I or others can give advice on fixing your problem.

Are you useing mods or just regular CC5? If you are,all mods require the 501 patch installed(properly) or they wont work.

When you uninstalled the game,did you have a mod still installed?

What kind of PC are you playing on,and what operating system W98 /Vista ?

Did you, change/add/remove/alter/delete/or did a system restore?before this problem started?

The more info you can give,will help to see where you went wrong, something is either missing or something is not installed correctly,just a matter of figuring out what,then correcting it!

Quote:
Try pressing CTRL when you start the game (click the CC5 Icon).Forgot about this one Smile good call SL!

CC Greatest Game Ever!
www.reddevilscc.com

rich1000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks squadleader & RD_Roach.the ctrl got the game going fine.The thing is would this work online as i play my brother on game spy.I am playing the kessel over cc5, and that has been working great and has been for weeks online.I went to play online last week,and the game just stopped responding.the thing is,when i uninstalled the game to try and get it going.I uninstalled the game first then the mod.Do you thing it didnt uninstall the mod properly . The op system i'm on is xp.I have tryed system restore,but still no good. Thanks again guys,Please keep the info coming,with you guys helping i'm sure i will playing online soon.Thanks

RD_Roach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Uninstalling the game with a mod still installed is deffinitly!! gonna fubar your game...when you install a mod it changes some registry keys...when you uninstall the mod..via Cfgv13..it changes the registry keys back...and the normal/regular cc5 registry keys are in place...when you uninstall the game with a mod installed...it wont remove these modified registry keys..this will stop you from being able to reinstall the game properly or if at all...the AI may work for you...but H2H will deffinitly not work..

To fix this,you must get rid of the modified registry keys...

Some in the CC community can tell you how to do this by deleteing certain keys in your registry..unfortunitly iam not one of them Sad but it can be fixed other ways...

My way.
Uninstall the mod(if it wont unistall for you) delete this mod manually in Cfg13 folder you created(other mods you may have can stay).
Delete/remove anything else to do with CC5 on your hard drive(including the 501a patch via Add/Remove in Control panel...also look in your hard drive after you remove the game...etc...as uninstalling the game does not remove everything...one being your saved battles folder...then go surfin on internet and download a registry cleaner(if you dont have one) a free version will work fine...these clean registry programs will remove any registry keys that are not being used...they look in your hard drive to find a match(since you removed them,it will not find any) and will remove the modified registry keys...when this is done your ready to start reinstalling .

1 reinstall full version cc5

2 reinstall 501a patch

3 all mods you may have in Cfg13...will need the maps reinstalled to your maps folder.

4 you need to reinstall the mod that you removed from cfg13(as it has been deleted).

Lotta work i know...been thier done that(to often lol)...but youll be back in the game!!

G/L mate...any troubles...just ask Smile

CC Greatest Game Ever!
www.reddevilscc.com

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Mods don't add anything to the registry.
They do add files to the SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy folder...and some of these files won't be deleted when you uninstall CC5 (since they're not regular CC5 files).

The easiest thing thing to fix your situation would be to uninstall CC5, then manually delete the "SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy" folder.
Reinstall CC5, install the patch.
You might want to 'clean' your Configmanager folders too and start new.

Good luck.

RD_Roach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You sure? Ive seen posts before on how to remove thes keys manualy in the registry...ive even done it myself..as well as used a registry cleaner to do the same...to fix the problem with uninstalling CC5 or any CC game..with a mod installed..Ive always understood it to be a mod makes changes to some registry keys,and when a mod is still installed via Cfgv13 and if you uninstall the game with a mod installed..it doesent remove them!?

You being a modder would know more then I in this respect...My only question is...why have i removed the folders youve mentioned and no luck reinstallin? not until ive done what ive posted above?...and if your right please explain Smile your responce could save me hours LOL.

CC Greatest Game Ever!
www.reddevilscc.com

rich1000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

HAY Thanks again guys as always you got my game up and running works a treat now.The only thing i'm having trouble with now is gamespy.See if you guys can help me out here.My brother and i log onto gamespy - into the lobby of cc5 - He sets the game up,and i select his name - the voice says lauching game,the screen gose blank and once again Nothing. Rolling Eyes Iv'e checked the firewall, the ports, no anti is running.What can it be ,as i have said before it was working well 2 weeks ago.Iv'e even got a new disc to see if it may be that,but it isnt.Thanks again guys really helpfull thank you.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

RD_Roach wrote:
Quote:

You sure? Ive seen posts before on how to remove thes keys manualy in the registry...ive even done it myself..as well as used a registry cleaner to do the same...to fix the problem with uninstalling CC5 or any CC game..with a mod installed..Ive always understood it to be a mod makes changes to some registry keys,and when a mod is still installed via Cfgv13 and if you uninstall the game with a mod installed..it doesent remove them!?

You being a modder would know more then I in this respect...My only question is...why have i removed the folders youve mentioned and no luck reinstallin? not until ive done what ive posted above?...and if your right please explain Smile your responce could save me hours LOL.

Yup, I'm sure about this. Mods don't alter the registry in any way.
If you uninstall CC5 without first uninstalling a mod...then the uninstall program would run into problems (ending prematurely or failing)...hence the need to do a manual registry cleaening. What you're cleaning in the registry is actually basic CC5 registry entries (left behind because the uninstall failed)...and not new entries made by a mod.

Probably the only mod that makes changes to the registry is CC3 Valley of Tears mod...it was a hack to get it to run without having to install the CC3 game.

I hope that helps Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: