Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:32 am Post subject: Dedicated H2H Campaign Opponent Wanted Reply with quote

Hi y'all,

After a long undesired leave of absence from the CCS community, I have returned and looking for a dedicate opponent for H2H campaign. Newbie or veterans welcome. I am a little rusty, so it will be a great oppurtunity for a newbie to use the first few battles to hone their skills.

Ideally, I'm looking for someone who would like to do GJS campaign, followed by campaign Market Garden and Ardennes Offensive. But of course we'll see how we go with GJS first.

I prefer to play Jerry, but happy to toss a coin for sides.

I do have some special preferences:

1. Battles do not necessary need to take place, even if units share a battle location on strategic map. By mutual agreement prior to entrying any battle, either side may declare preference to not engage.

If both declare preference not to engage, then truce must be declared immediately on entering the battle.

This option is to ensure there are no forced battles when both sides merely wish to maintain currrent positions on battle map for whatever strategic reason. This allows for more option in what strategic battles we fight, rather than engaging in a battle merely because game engine decides a battle must take place.

2. Battles end after 20 minutes. I find 15 minutes is too short, and half hour too long.

3. Battle ends when force morale is low will not be an option. This is so blitzkrieg tactics can be a part of the game and squads are not forced off map simply because a front has collapsed.

4. Battle ends when all victory locations are taken is not an option. Clear dominance of the all victory locations after 20 minutes is the only way total victory can be achieved.

In addition, flexbility of play is required. While most battles will be full of action, opponent needs to be able to accept that the rare battle may be slower with possibly little action i.e. some battles may be characterised by stealth or low intensity repositioning. (This not likely to happen often, but need to be aware).

For my pleasure, I want to achieve some authenticity to combat. So my above preferences are to help avoid every battle being a case of men and arms unconscienciously thrown into line of fire to take victory locations.

If this sounds like something you might also enjoy, please reply or email ckis001 [at] hotmail [dot] com Smile

I'm in New Zealand, so and Australisian or Southern Hemispheric opponent probably most suited for time zone. I would like to play for at least an hour most evenings (2 to 3 battle), and probably longer on a saturday or sunday. All subject to the rest of our lives of course. Wink

saminskip

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be interested. Wanting to start playing online with a GC, and I prefer Allies so this should fit.

I'll drop you an email.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: