Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:38 am Post subject: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/07/21/karadzic-arrested.html

Finally. I served two tours in Bosnia and seen the hate and destruction.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yes indeed, and the whole region isn't cured from the scars the war left behind... and i doubt it ever will... Sad

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:28 pm Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:

Viva Karadzic.

He defended the free world against ugly islam

Karadzic is just a modern Mihaihlovic in 1941.

Sorry -if not ashamed- to be part of a CC site like this one.

Mooxe, I am waiting for your PM

PJ, CDG

P.S. Maybe the last post of PJ

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:51 pm Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:

against ugly islam

pls refrain from insulting religions on CCS.

thank you

To brave men few words are as good as many

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
pzjager wrote:

against ugly islam

pls refrain from insulting religions on CCS.

thank you

Islam is not a religion. It is a sect

My family, my country, my civilisation has suffered from it

Really sad to see this kind of messages on CCS

PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:33 pm Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:

Did you at least see ALL the destructions? Including the ones made by some people against their OWN? (Markale?......??????)

You are too young, man

Bisous
PJ

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:21 pm Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:

That statement, dear jager, is just another example of the intolerance that has always plagued this world. Religion, and the intolerance to let others believe what they want to believe has resulted in the majority or wars, and slaughters of people throughout history...Christians, Muslims, etc. are all guilty of it at some point in history.

You believe what you want to believe and let others believe what they want to believe.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:04 pm Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

[quote="CSO_Linebacker"]
pzjager wrote:

You believe what you want to believe and let others believe what they want to believe.[/quot

That's why Cristianism -as well as Judaism or any one else-is a religion and why
Islam is not. In Islam, You are part of a sect and are killed if going out of it!!

Anyway, I am wasting my time with callaborators like you

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
pzjager wrote:

That statement, dear jager, is just another example of the intolerance that has always plagued this world. Religion, and the intolerance to let others believe what they want to believe has resulted in the majority or wars, and slaughters of people throughout history...Christians, Muslims, etc. are all guilty of it at some point in history.

You believe what you want to believe and let others believe what they want to believe.

Hmmmm... i believe it merely is greed which starts almost all wars/conflicts. The benefit of this is a privilege for a small group amongst those warmongers, and religion is merely used to convince the mass/gain new soldiers.

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

CSO_Linebacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

[quote="pzjager"]
CSO_Linebacker wrote:
pzjager wrote:

You believe what you want to believe and let others believe what they want to believe.[/quot

That's why Cristianism -as well as Judaism or any one else-is a religion and why
Islam is not. In Islam, You are part of a sect and are killed if going out of it!!

So back in the middle ages when Christians went around and offered to others "This is what we believe, you can believe it, or we will kill you"....where does that stand.

And just so nobody gets the wrong idea..I do not subscribe to any belief system. I am far to analytical to believe something because someone tells me to without evidence and/or proof that they are right

jumbotx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 am Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
And just so nobody gets the wrong idea..I do not subscribe to any belief system. I am far to analytical to believe something because someone tells me to without evidence and/or proof that they are right

LB, not wanting to portray myself as weird stalker guy who remembers obscure post years ago, but instead attempting to validate myself as amazing mentalist I say that you have a degree in math.

<drops hands to side and opens eyes>
Correct?

RD_Roach

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not ones religion/or ones believe/or ones race gender.......its the ones that believe thier way is the only way and will stop at nothing to make it so...in other words...a Fanatic! Every race/religion has them and all are just as guilty as the other, at one point or time!

PJ,your post comes of as a christian fanatic!

Ignorance/Arrogance/Greed...are the real reasons...Race/Religion/Believe are just excuses to fullfill the first 3 reasons!

CC Greatest Game Ever!
www.reddevilscc.com

CSO_Linebacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:17 am Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

jumbotx wrote:
CSO_Linebacker wrote:

LB, not wanting to portray myself as weird stalker guy who remembers obscure post years ago, but instead attempting to validate myself as amazing mentalist I say that you have a degree in math.

<drops hands to side and opens eyes>
Correct?

Right on target....jumbotx???? I guess my mental powers are slipping

CSO_Linebacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

RD_Roach wrote:
Its not ones religion/or ones believe/or ones race gender.......its the ones that believe thier way is the only way and will stop at nothing to make it so...in other words...a Fanatic! Every race/religion has them and all are just as guilty as the other, at one point or time!

PJ,your post comes of as a christian fanatic!

Ignorance/Arrogance/Greed...are the real reasons...Race/Religion/Believe are just excuses to fullfill the first 3 reasons!

Nicely put...I think that is what I was trying to say. No wonder language arts was my worst subject in school.

RD_Thomas_Ross

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of religion this person was arrested as a war criminal for genocide. No matter how you slice it he was wrong.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night
To visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

For God and Country
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail GameRanger Account Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

RD_Thomas_Ross wrote:
No matter how you slice it he was wrong.

Well, he was in a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. In course of the Vance-Owen Plan Agreements in Athens all parties were in favor of the accord to be signed. In Jahorina (3 days later, where the local Serbs of Bosnia held an assembly), the Greek prime minister gave karadzic his pen to sign the treaty with the words: "Keep this pen for you will remember it." Karadzic took the pen a starred like 5 minutes at the treaty and then returned the pen to Mitsotakis stating: "I want to sign, but I can't."

Milosevic and Mitsotakis were ousted from the assembly and signature of Karadzic in Athens became obsolote for it was rejected by the Srpska assembly, despite Karadzic attempts to pass it.

Dont get me wrong here, by any standards (Geneva Protocol I-IV/ Common Article 1-3) he is a war criminal, but there are times in history where leaders are in postions where any action has negative consequences. And in fact, he has the authority, but not the sole responsibility for the crimes.

He would have been killed by his own people as traitor. So he picked the obivious path against Milosevic's and Mitsotakis will.

Thats Balkan-reality. That he took a major part in the 1995 massacre in Srebenica has its roots in Jahorina, where not Karadzic but the members of the assembly prolonged the war.
It would be just in the face of history to equally prosecute those members of Srpska parliament as well.

Chronology:

MAY 1993

1- 2 May - An international conference on the solution of the Bosnian crisis held in Athens. In addition to the host, Greek Prime Minister Constantin Mitsotakis, the conference participants included Presidents Dobrica Cosic, Slobodan Milosevic, Momir Bulatovic and Franjo Tudjman, leaders of three ethnic communities in Bosnia- Herzegovina Radovan Karadzic, Mate Boban and Alija Izetbegovic. Newly appointed Co- Chairman of the Conference on Yugoslavia Thorvald Stoltenberg, and US and Russian envoys for the former Yugoslavia Reginald Bartholomew and Vitaly Churkin joined David Owen and Cyrus Vance, who convened the conference. At the end of the meeting Radovan Karadzic, President of Republika Srpska, signed the Vance- Owen Peace Plan for Bosnia- Herzegovina, on condition that "the Assembly of Republika Srpska at its session on 5 May supports the decision of its delegation made here, in Athens, on 2 May 1993."

3 May - In a press release issued after the UN Security Council session it is stated that "members of the Security Council welcome the success achieved in Athens and the fact that now all three parties in the Bosnian conflict accepted the Vance- Owen Peace Plan". The statement further emphasizes that "the Security Council, at the emergency procedure, starting tomorrow, will review further preparatory actions necessary for the implementation of the Plan in practice."

4 May - The Federal Government of FR Yugoslavia reviewed the new situation and assessed the signing of the Vance- Owen Plan by President Radovan Karadzic as "a reasonable and thoughtful decision", expecting that it would be ratified by the parliament of Republika Srpska.

Croatian side agreed with the subsequently demanded guarantee of the delegation of the Republic of Srpska Krajina, which was its condition to accept the Agreement on the implementation of the Security Council resolution 802, signed on 6 April 1993. If the Assembly of the Republic of Srpska Krajina adopts the signed Agreement, cease-fire will come into force within four days, and within 10 days the Croatian forces would withdraw to the positions prior to 22 January.

5 May - Co- Chairman of the International Conference on Former Yugoslavia Cyrus Vance turned over his duty to the newly appointed Co- Chairman, Swede Thorvald Stoltenberg.

5- 6 May - The Assembly of Republika Srpska, held on Mt. Jahorina, discussed the verification of Radovan Karadzic's signature on the Vance- Owen Peace Plan for Bosnia- Herzegovina. The session was attended by the Greek Prime Minister Constantin Mitsotakis, Presidents Dobrica Cosic, Slobodan Milosevic and Momir Bulatovic, who appealed to the deputies to accept the Plan. After a 17- hour debate, in early hours of 6 May the deputies of the Assembly of Republika Srpska refused to endorse the signature on the Vance- Owen Plan. With 51 votes for, two against and 12 abstained the Assembly confirmed its earlier Bijeljina decision to hold a referendum on 15 and 16 May, so that Serbian population will decide on the acceptance of the Vance- Owen Plan.

Source: http://www.balkan-archive.org.yu/politics/chronology/chron93.html

Excerpt NY-Times: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CE3DA173DF935A35756C0A965958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

"Prominent friends of the Bosnian Serbs sat in the front row as the debate dragged on. They included the chief patron of the Bosnian Serbs' army, Mr. Milosevic; the Yugoslav President, Dobrica Cosic, and the Greek Prime Minister, Constantine Mitsotakis, who was the mediator at the meeting near Athens last weekend when Dr. Karadzic accepted the Vance-Owen plan in principle. All gave speeches urging that the peace plan be accepted.

The assembly, a self-appointed body made up mostly of local political leaders, met at the Jahorina, a once-popular ski resort, now virtually abandoned. The resort was crowded with bodyguards, militiamen and other fighters who discussed the peace plan among themselves as the delegates debated behind closed doors. "

To brave men few words are as good as many

Pz_Meyer

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If we as private individuals can see the hypocrisy in the major religions and their influence in both politics and in their approval of bloodshed in warfare and genocide, then it stands to reason that the very governments that are supported by the major religions also see the holy mess construed by these blood thirsty, power mad clergy and clerics who actually do believe they are doing the bidding of a higher power and are convinced they are above reprehension!

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered why this guy was loose for so many years.
I bet someone in his inner circle gave him up for some $$$.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
CSO_Linebacker wrote:
pzjager wrote:

Yeah, but it may stop being a sect.

Do you know that the first constitution in Europe, Polish Constitution of 3rd May said that apostasy (leaving the Catholic sect) is punished with death?

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

pzjager

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am Post subject: Re: Serbs arrest genocide accused Radovan Karadzic Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23rd_Waffen_Mountain_Division_of_the_SS_Kama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_Waffen_Mountain_Division_of_the_SS_Handschar_%281st_Croatian%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markale_massacres

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nzvz_kosovo_creation

http://www.solidarite-kosovo.com/

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: