Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1259
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Major_Gilbear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:05 pm Post subject: Help with Red Storm Rising mod installation please! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to these boards, and have recently downloaded a couple of the CC mods, including RSR.

Now I'm also new to CC mod installation, so I followed the instructions carefully. Unfortunately, it seems that I've done something wrong as the Configuration Manager keeps giving me error messages.

The error returned is:
Quote:
Invalid command in install/uninstall: "copy<tab>$THIS\NATO superiority<tab>$CC\Data\Campaign\Nato Superiority"; (reminder: <tab> not <space> should be the spearator)

Here's what I have done so far:

1 ) Installed FULL version of CC5:IN
2 ) Patched to version 5.1 and checked it ingame.
3 ) Created a folder named "Videos" in the main CC5:IN directory and unzipped the three RSR vidoes into it (one of the videos -intro- doesn't copy or play, so I cloned one of the others and renamed it appropriately).
4 ) Unzipped the ENTIRE contents of the RSR map pack into the "Maps" folder in the main CC5:IN directory.
5 ) Installed Configuration Manager in a directory separate to CC5:IN.
6 ) Unzipped the RSR main mod file (with a ".pln" file extension) into the "Modules" folder within the Configuration Manager's directory.
7 ) Ran the Configuration Manager.
8 ) Highlighted the RSR module, and right-clicking on it, selected the "Install" option.
***Error occurs here***

If anybody could help me out with a solution to getting this working, I'd be very grateful. Many thanks in advance Smile

nikits72

Rep: 41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I had the very same erroryesterday when i tried to install RSR.
Since sometimes with various mods some error can occur and thus means you will have to reinstall the cc5 from the start ,patch it e.t.c. , it is wise to burn a cd with the installed/patched version.In this cd write everything that is in the directory of cc5 and below (the one where the game is installed)
To be more specific burn a cd as soon as you do the steps 1 up to 3 which are described by major_Gilbear :
Quote:

1 ) Installed FULL version of CC5:IN
2 ) Patched to version 5.1 and checked it ingame.
3 ) Created a folder named "Videos" in the main CC5:

It doesnt matter which mod's videos are in the video folder btw...
Also remember that in case you wont follow this procedure with clean install of cc5 then in the maps directory you may have maps that are from various mods you have installed in the past and so for ,you may get an error that the cd you are trying to write has not the available capasity.So it is essential to write the cd ,just after a clean cc5 install (as described above).

So when you will have an error you will save much time if you have this cd because you will just copy it in the cc5 folder.(I assume you know what you do and you will copy in the right folder where the original cc5 was installed).

Now, for the problem of yours mjGilbear (and mine)

Fist of all make sure you have downloaded the last ver of RSR .
Now follow the procedure as you did.When you will get the message, ignore it.Configuration manager says that rsr is not installed.
Well ignore this too and go play the game.
RSR will play normally even if configuration manager will not show it as installed.
But since conf manager doesnt show it as installed how you will uninstall it ,in order to be able to play normal cc5 again?
Well ,i assume you have read what i wrote at the start and prepared the cc5 copy cd so you will just copy it in the cc5 folder Wink

Thx...

P.S. I bet you will find out how to do it...
P.S.2 Also have a look around here.I am sure mooxe (webmaster of ccs) will let us know with an annoucement that RSR is ok again.

nikits72 with the unexploding grenade...

Major_Gilbear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I did actually backup the entire installation directory in the first place; I actually mod a few games, and have found this to be good practice before you start mucking about with game files.

I renamed the .pln file to remove the space in the name. I then did as you suggested, and finally initiated the main .exe from the game folder itself.

I have to say that I've really enjoyed playing RSR! A fun mod, and some very nice GFX have kept me entertained all afternoon Razz.
I'm somewhat surprised though that there are so few CC>Modern Warfare mods, especially given that game mechanics lend themselves quite well...

Steel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks,
The intro video in the videos file is bad...or at least so it seems. Is there a fix, does the mod creator know, can that file be gotten anywhere else? Am I wrong, is it my download (does not seem so, see above).

Also, this mod does not show up if you navigate to CCV mods from the downloads menu...

Thx for any help!

Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Wings of Fury, XO
http://www.rlgaming.com/phpBB/

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, this mod does not show up if you navigate to CCV mods from the downloads menu...

Are you sure?

It shows fine for me in the CCV / Mods section.

Just scroll down a bit Wink

Steel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah - it does... Embarassed

i was looking at the part where it just shows the "main" mods on the page before...

but see my other post in the RSR forum...problems with the downloads for this mod:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=558

Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Wings of Fury, XO
http://www.rlgaming.com/phpBB/

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: