Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1270
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:09 am Post subject: Disabling menu buttons for CCWAR mods Reply with quote

Is there a way to disable some of the main screen buttons without patching the exe?
I've noticed that when loading mods (like CC4Classic) the Bootcamp menu is disabled by default (which is good).

I hope Mafi is working on another RtBTool update with CCWAR exe patching.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've noticed that when loading mods (like CC4Classic) the Bootcamp menu is disabled by default (which is good).

Yes it happens with all mods on WAR. But what more do you want disable?

I would like one tool for strategy map as Strat from CC5.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm experimenting on a quick WAR conversion for the BoS45 demo.
I don't need the Scenario Editor button/function...if it's not disabled then I need to convert the SE Screen images to BoS45 scheme...better to just disable it.

Some CC5 mods disable the Bootcamp menu and replace it with a History menu (using RtB exe patch).
If I could replace the WAR Scenario Editor with a History screen menu...that would be great!

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Move thu button with RTB tool and hide it in some of the corners of the image.Paint the bootcamp images white in ScrGadget and they will be invinsible.

Or you can use these wich i made for Karelia 2, they has the CC5 blue colour.Put them in and replace your bootcamp screen with the image you wants Smile

Mats

History.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  History.rar
 Filesize:  11.84 KB
 Downloaded:  225 Time(s)

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Mats!
The bootcamp button is already disabled automatically for CCWAR mods.
I wanted to replace the Scenario Editor button (and screens)...since I don't need it for BoS45 Demo (converted to CCWAR).
Moving the buttons in RtBTools means patching the exe, right? The latest version of RtBTool doesn't support CCWAR exe patching...maybe the next update will. Mafi?

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader wrote:
Hi, Mats!
I wanted to replace the Scenario Editor button (and screens)...since I don't need it for BoS45 Demo (converted to CCWAR).
Moving the buttons in RtBTools means patching the exe, right? The latest version of RtBTool doesn't support CCWAR exe patching...maybe the next update will. Mafi?

Ahh stupid me Embarassed , havent got WaR and is damaged from CC5.Couldnt you use the history buttons for the scenarioeditor and go through all of the images for that screen and paint them white? The ones you dont need. I suppose you must remove the bitmap icons for battlegroups to.The problem is you cant remove the "diamonds" who shows the stratareas because they are coded in the exe.

Dont forget to leave the button "back" in the scenarioeditor, or else you cant leave your history screen, i know from experience Embarassed

Then you could ad for example a map over Surabaya

I suppose this is a rather big work to do for a demo right?

Mats

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
squadleader wrote:
Hi, Mats!

Ahh stupid me Embarassed , havent got WaR and is damaged from CC5.Couldnt you use the history buttons for the scenarioeditor and go through all of the images for that screen and paint them white? The ones you dont need. I suppose you must remove the bitmap icons for battlegroups to.The problem is you cant remove the "diamonds" who shows the stratareas because they are coded in the exe.

Dont forget to leave the button "back" in the scenarioeditor, or else you cant leave your history screen, i know from experience Embarassed

Then you could ad for example a map over Surabaya

I suppose this is a rather big work to do for a demo right?

Mats

White is not transparent for all images in the gadget files....but those "diamonds" are some of the many that are...only the location of which used to be locked in the exe. Now, you can adjust the location of those 'diamonds' in the stratmap.txt file just like when people were 'hiding' the buttons via screen patch feature of rtbtool

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info, now there is only one thing left..to get the game :angry1

Mats

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:35 am Post subject: Re: Disabling menu buttons for CCWAR mods Reply with quote

squadleader wrote:
Is there a way to disable some of the main screen buttons without patching the exe?

I hope Mafi is working on another RtBTool update with CCWAR exe patching.

Hi,

When using the RTB tool u can generally hide buttons you don't want by putting them "underneath" another button. This is better than trying to hide them in a corner. (I think). The last one on the list (i.e. highest numbered) by RTB will be the one that is used during the game, since it will overlay any hotspot list before itself.

Regards,

Stwa

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...thanks for the input, Guys! Awesome!

Mats, I already have a History Screen done for BoS45...just need to pack it into the gadgets Smile

One more thing...I'm currently running into probs using RtBTool to repack the gadget files...GadgetMunger works fine...but RtBTool is a bit easier for conversion work (no need to flip the images).
I tested extracting the CC4Classic screen gadgets with RtBTool...then repacking the files (without editing anything)...the repacked file is slightly different size and gives error in the game.
GadgetMunger packing and repacking is spot on though.

I wonder what Firefox is using to work on the CCWARVetBoB gadgets.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wonder what Firefox is using to work on the CCWARVetBoB gadgets.
I have unpacked and repacked the WAR gadgets without problems with gadgetmunger. Flip images is not a problem for me and you go to change all the icon images, you must not flip them, you only must to delete the original and put your new images.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, Firefox!
Yup, I'm gonna stick to Gadgetmunger from now.

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

well i must confess..i had the beta version of WaR. Opened the ScrnGadget with gadget munger and packed it without any problems. I have never used RTBTool for that reason (maybe because i am one of the old dinosaurs).

I cant answer because i dont have the WaR game Mad

I have been promised to get it by the end of november and by then maybe i could answer...

Have you used Gadget munger for Surabaya mod?

If No are you sure of that you have installed Java Virtuall machine?? As i can recall you need to have that one for using Gadget Munger, this program is not an option in Windows XP Mad just for the older versions of Windows.

If you have opened the files with Gadget munger, are you sure that you havent changed the size of any of the images?

Sorry if this is not any help for you...

Mats

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Mats...
Yup, I've been using Gadgetmunger exclusively for BoS45 from day 1...and it worked great all the time...I love it!

I tried using RtBTool briefly for the Kokoda minimod...but again I went back to GM.

No probs with GM...it's RtBTool that's giving me gadget files with errors.
I thought that RtBTool's file system would make it easier to 'convert' the BoS45 gadgets to WAR format (small changes in files and some new slots for Ranks, Medals and stuff)...but I ran into errors with the repacked file.
So I just tried extracting the original WAR and CC4Classic gadgets with RtBTool...without doing anything to the files I repacked them...guess what... the repacked files...also has errors and won't load.
RtBTool gave out a warning when extracting mentioning one duplicate set of files in the gadgets. Or maybe we need a new update from Mafi?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been awhile for me since I used the RTBTool,but doesnt it also have the ability to resize the buttons?

Rather than placing a button underneath another button wouldnt it be better to resize the button you dont want to 1X1 pixels and move way off to the side somewhere?

Also from the developers:
I would like to know if one was to relocate/resize and/or eliminate items on the strategic screen, and then deleted parts of the strategicscreen.tga,adjust the strategic map window with the RTBTool(if available) would this have a possibilty of opening up the amount of image for the strategic map?

Or is that window hard codded to the current size we see now?

Did I explain that properly?

Basically I was just wondering if there was a way to view more of the strategic map.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do that, you still have a 1 x 1 hotspot that could in theory be clicked and activated. Plust, it might be possible that screen artifacts might still be displayed in the 1 x 1 pixel.

So maybe resize it as you say and then hide it under another hotspost.

Voilla!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Mafi has updated his RtbTool to v2.23; http://home.claranet.de/ftf/#anchor_ccvehshedit.

It fixes the WAR gadget file issue along with adding; CC4/5 btd conversion to WAR format and WAR exe patching for buttons/hotspots.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Just replied Mafi's post at CSO. What will we do without Mafi's tools!
Maybe CCS admins can help add the updated RtBTool to the downloads?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: